PDA

View Full Version : P Plates

brc
8th January 2010, 01:01 PM
In Victoria back like, 5 years ago... You didn't have to show your P plates in the last year of your P's. Is this still the case?

guy 27
8th January 2010, 01:08 PM
No. Got pulled over for it when I was 1 week away from being off my p's

sooty
8th January 2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah unfortunately you have to show your p's right the way through until you get your full licence. God it's a good feeling pulling them off the windscreens at the end of it lol

jastra
8th January 2010, 02:14 PM
any perthys know, how many demerit points do p plates get? i have been told but my mate has lost like 7 and he last got fined 4 months ago and he hasnt lost his license.

brc
8th January 2010, 02:14 PM
The thing is though right. I'm about 9 months away from driving my SRi-T legally. But I figured if i can take the plates off during the last few months it would be great.. Obviously not the case.

I can drive the car under my ABN but for work purposes only. This doesn't warrant cruising down Prices Hwy at 11PM-3AM.. But at least I can keep it happy :) Can you shed any light on the P-Plate turbo laws? I believe it's not as strict as it's layed down. If you run your own business and you drive the car for business purposes, I think it's legal. Am I wrong ?

Bryce Neilsen

brc
8th January 2010, 02:15 PM
Jason I'm not sure, In Victoria we get 5 demerit points per year, if you lose 5 in one year you get a letter saying "lose your license for 3 months and start fresh, or keep your licence and don't lose any demerit points for a year". I would know :(

ChrisMaz
8th January 2010, 02:51 PM
I'm pretty sure in W.A you get 4 demerit points. Well thats what the majority of websites are saying anyway.

EDIT.

"P-platers who accrue four demerit points in their first year of driving, or eight demerit points in under two years, will face a three-month disqualification. "

Thats coming into effect sometime this year.

No idea what it is currently sorry.

Vectracious
8th January 2010, 05:27 PM
In Victoria back like, 5 years ago... You didn't have to show your P plates in the last year of your P's. Is this still the case?

really? that wasnt an option when i was on p's......

boorny88
8th January 2010, 05:37 PM
i believe jason its just 12 points as per normal for now

jastra
8th January 2010, 05:47 PM
Yeh that's what I thought but I was told otherwise. If It is changing mabye they got confused as to wether it was already in place or not

boorny88
8th January 2010, 05:49 PM
yeah maybe nate maybe

MatsHolden
8th January 2010, 11:28 PM
really? that wasnt an option when i was on p's......

Don't recall it ever being the case...

And in regards to being allowed to drive a prohibited vehicle you must have the written approval from Vic Roads unless you have an ABN. You just have to prove to the police that you are using it for work purposes if you were pulled over and present proof of your ABN.

Shay
9th January 2010, 03:18 AM
any perthys know, how many demerit points do p plates get? i have been told but my mate has lost like 7 and he last got fined 4 months ago and he hasnt lost his license.

I'm pretty sure in W.A you get 4 demerit points. Well thats what the majority of websites are saying anyway.

EDIT.

"P-platers who accrue four demerit points in their first year of driving, or eight demerit points in under two years, will face a three-month disqualification. "

Thats coming into effect sometime this year.

No idea what it is currently sorry.

yeah def 12 for us, but i only have 10 :D

mmahle
9th January 2010, 03:33 AM
Yeah, if your caught without your P plates, it's a fine and 1 Demirrt point. (VIC)