PDA

View Full Version : Parts demand/supply....

Danboy_LMF
7th January 2010, 10:16 PM
Just after some more info from you guys as you know better than me what parts supply/demand etc is like down there.

I've been having a browse on Australian Ebay and from I can see there doesn't seem to be much really listed for the Vauxhall/Opel/Holden Astra's, Corsa's (Barina) and Vectra's. Are there many suppliers down there that are good at supplying decent quality parts? I keep seeing stuff listed from Hong Kong and China but tbh they look a tad cheap and nasty lol.

Also noticed on the Irmscher type parts there seems to hardly anything at all available, is there a demand for this kind of thing?

As always shipping will always be an issue when the items are quite weighty and large, but the smaller lighter parts we can normally get a sensible price for shipping. But we are currently looking into set pricing as we would lilke to do more business with you guys and try and supply good quality items without charging the earth for them.

Are there any common items that you guys are always after but have trouble getting hold of? any information I can get I'll take down and look into so we can offer you all a lot more.

Well thats enough of me rambling on all feedback greatly received and as always I'll try and do my best for you guys.

Dan :)

hazrd
7th January 2010, 10:28 PM
hey mate
Aus Ebay is pretty much crap for any opel parts for us.... it only really shows basic maintenance gear like timing kits etc etc, even then they are a little too expensive

the most common items are things like badges, basic maintenance parts, grilles, etc

have a look here... http://www.carshine.com.au
these guys have a lot of good stuff, but they are waaaaay overpriced!! (sucks the most that they are only just up the road from me lol)

ill hand u over to the rest of the guys now lol i cant think of anything else apart from the more unique bits :)

poita
7th January 2010, 10:31 PM
It's pretty easy really.

Opels - parts are always in demand

Supply - Holden are evil. We love teh UK.

pretty much sums it up

if you are taking requests.

cams for x20xev calibra :)

adam_92
7th January 2010, 10:40 PM
like hazrd said... badges, grills, quite a few people seem to be getting spoilers etc... general modifying stuff that doesnt cost the earth

ROCCO
7th January 2010, 10:55 PM
it's pretty easy really.

Opels - parts are always in demand

supply - holden are evil. We love teh uk.

Pretty much sums it up

if you are taking requests.

Cams for x20xev calibra :)

+1...holden are evil...long live the uk

Danboy_LMF
8th January 2010, 03:29 AM
Cheers for the comments so far, it all helps, everything noted and I'll see what I can do for you guys :)

Shay
8th January 2010, 04:51 AM
if you could do a good deal on headlights im sure you'd get BULK interest...

Danboy_LMF
8th January 2010, 04:58 AM
if you could do a good deal on headlights im sure you'd get BULK interest...

What vehicle are we talking about Shay?? :)

Shay
8th January 2010, 05:01 AM
What vehicle are we talking about Shay?? :)

haha all the ones on this forum...

seriously mate, i think its a part everyone on here has wanted, but for most its just too expensive in the end.

ChrisMaz
8th January 2010, 05:04 AM
+1 to the above.

Free shipping would also be excellent although impossible :thumbs:

HoldenAstra
8th January 2010, 07:23 AM
Astra H Wiper Blades: Bosch A931S

mr corsa
8th January 2010, 08:37 AM
inner & outer cv joints if you can get them ?

glider
8th January 2010, 09:10 AM
I think a good idea would be to actually sell some stuff on aus ebay for a reasonable price as well, I would think that alot of people would have a look at ebay for parts, and only see the limited ones on there... (appeal to the non-oa members)

gmonkey
8th January 2010, 10:00 AM
ebay.de FTW

CNBLU
8th January 2010, 10:31 AM
Xenon Shark Eyes for the Astra with realistic pricing for shipping...

Shay
8th January 2010, 11:03 AM
Astra H Wiper Blades: Bosch A931S

Just so you know, SCA stock a Tridon blade/arm very similar, that will suit the pin connection on the H's
Im pretty sure anyway, some one try and confirm....

JohnBu
8th January 2010, 11:11 AM
Perhaps you could do a pack that contains all the necessary parts (excluding fluids) for a service.

i.e. 60k service for a TS Astra Turbo- air filter/pollen filter/oil filter/spark plugs/timing belt kit. suggested option for waterpump

etc.

Just an idea.

glider
8th January 2010, 08:04 PM
Perhaps you could do a pack that contains all the necessary parts (excluding fluids) for a service.

i.e. 60k service for a TS Astra Turbo- air filter/pollen filter/oil filter/spark plugs/timing belt kit. suggested option for waterpump

etc.

Just an idea.

+1

Danboy_LMF
8th January 2010, 09:15 PM

etc.

Just an idea.

Thats a good one, I'll have a look at that.

HoldenAstra
8th January 2010, 09:23 PM
Just so you know, SCA stock a Tridon blade/arm very similar, that will suit the pin connection on the H's

yes, saw that when I was there, they will fit, but the price is not good, $34 for driver side and did not see passenger side. and the connection part is ugly. in memory, you can order Bosch A931S from SCA before for only $4X for a pair. can SCA still do that now(SCA has already cut off Bosch Blades, right?)?

Danboy_LMF
8th January 2010, 09:28 PM

etc.

Just an idea.

With regards to this we can supply a full service kit, timing belt kit and water pump for 110.00 GBP. Not too sure how that sounds price wise? worked out the shipping on top, a full service kit, timing belt kit with water pump delivered to Australia is 200.00 GBP thats sent fully insured by a courier.

I've just got to dig out all the parts needed for that kit to work out the weights and dimensions and get a total delivered price.

Shay
9th January 2010, 02:51 AM
yes, saw that when I was there, they will fit, but the price is not good, $34 for driver side and did not see passenger side. and the connection part is ugly. in memory, you can order Bosch A931S from SCA before for only $4X for a pair. can SCA still do that now(SCA has already cut off Bosch Blades, right?)?

ordering in a set of 931S's cost me $50 AFTER my 25% off.
yes the tridons look very ugly compared to the bosch
and yes, even tho the instock bosch range has been scrapped (very stupidly IMO) you will still be able to order them (they wont be able to find it in the computer so you have to quote the part number)

mmahle
9th January 2010, 03:12 AM
Um, Angel Eyes for Astra H Plus +999999!

Alot of it is really hard trying to find angel eyes, mainly because they're all in german, and it's hard to find someone who doesn't ship here, or understand english!

SIMid
9th January 2010, 09:23 AM
Possibly group specials for new aftermaket goodies. Discount for 10 orders or more? This way it will bring down the shipping costs.

Or even just group purchases for various items and send all items in one package.

PS. Mailed the clutch back to the UK just before Xmas to my uncle. :)

HoldenAstra
9th January 2010, 11:31 AM
ebay.de FTW

asked an ebay.de seller about the postage of Astra H Wiper Blades: Bosch A931S to Sydney, the seller said the postage will be 115.90 EURO........
still in shocking......

adam_92
9th January 2010, 12:01 PM
asked an ebay.de seller about the postage of Astra H Wiper Blades: Bosch A931S to Sydney, the seller said the postage will be 115.90 EURO........
still in shocking......

r u sure thats right and he didnt meen 15.90 euro and pressed 1 twice ?

gmonkey
9th January 2010, 01:49 PM

order it and we will try... dont work im not paying :p

gmonkey
9th January 2010, 01:53 PM
Dan start stocking those new Astra H projector headlights with the Audi style daylight running lights in built! + cheap

HoldenAstra
9th January 2010, 06:36 PM
what's the shipping cost to Sydney?
http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=16254&cat=2239&page=1

gmonkey
10th January 2010, 02:12 AM
aussie eibach shop for springs mate! best place to get them!

www.eibach-ashop.com.au (http://www.eibach-ashop.com.au)

unless Dan can do a kickarse sub 100AUD postage :p

HoldenAstra
10th January 2010, 11:05 AM
aussie eibach shop for springs mate! best place to get them!

www.eibach-ashop.com.au (http://www.eibach-ashop.com.au)

great! i did not know they have AH prokit now.
still want to know the postage from UK.

JohnBu
11th January 2010, 09:42 AM
With regards to this we can supply a full service kit, timing belt kit and water pump for 110.00 GBP. Not too sure how that sounds price wise? worked out the shipping on top, a full service kit, timing belt kit with water pump delivered to Australia is 200.00 GBP thats sent fully insured by a courier.

I've just got to dig out all the parts needed for that kit to work out the weights and dimensions and get a total delivered price.

Sounds reasonable.

I'm not in the market myself, as I had recently ordered all the parts for a major service from Autovaux. Sitting under my bed, I cannot recall the price, as I also ordered a radiator also.

HoldenAstra
11th January 2010, 09:59 AM
recently got a quote from Autovaux:
AH Bosch Wiper Blades by Royal Mail GBP 15
AH Timing Belt Kit by DHL GBP 35

CNBLU
11th January 2010, 03:18 PM
Whats the price on just the timing belt kit and water pump delivered to melbourne?

Is it an aftermarket water pump or a GM one?

thanks

Alix
12th January 2010, 09:06 PM
order it and we will try... dont work im not paying :p

The Tridons do fit - stuck a set on my CDTi maybe two weeks ago. And yes, the connector is ugly compared to the OEMs.

As for parts, well I reckon the best bet would be the bits that commonly fail (well, on a CDTi):
- Alternator (or whatever inside dies if that can be changed) - Holden quote around $2500 to replace (nearly 1500GBP)
- Inlet manifold/swirl actuators/EGR
- Timing belts/waterpump
- Flywheels
- Maybe rotors/pads? (only because you see a lot of complaints here at the replacement frequency/cost as we're used to harder ones that last longer)

I think the eBay.au store idea is solid, if that's your sort of thing. It shouldn't be hard to undercut Holden pricing on parts by a decent margin, and I suspect you'd get a fair number of sales as the Astra was a fairly popular car around here.
-

JohnBu
14th January 2010, 09:35 AM
Dan,

Can you supply a part for me.

It's for the 3 door TS Astra Turbo passenger seat.

I require the cable that operates the tilt/slide function for the passenger seat to tilt/slide forward to let the rear passengers in.

From what I can work out the lever seems to operate two cables to lock/unlock both sides of the seat tracks, currently only one side works, I've disconnected one side so I can at least return the seat to the normal position.

poita
1st October 2010, 01:23 PM
Since Dan no longer works for LMF so this thread is no longer