PDA

View Full Version : colour coding???

Anonymous
27th September 2004, 10:42 AM
hy guys how much you think it would cost to colour code my side skirts??? anyone know where i can get them done for cheap??? thanks guys much appriaited btw its an astra 4Door CD 04 hatch :P

Pharkus
27th September 2004, 11:19 AM
I too would be interested for VIC.

Probably won't do the side strips cos that involves ripping them off then putting them back on again.

Anonymous
27th September 2004, 11:51 AM
meh im not to fussed with that :P you would be surpised how much better it looks

Pharkus
27th September 2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah I seen it. Just depends really on what kind of people you get for the job and what it involves. Don't know how the side strips fit on though, anyone here???

Just don't want to do it if down the track they start to fall off.

Dregger
27th September 2004, 06:36 PM
Well!! my car is at the repairers atm getting the side skirts painted!!

it will cost me $300 for the sideskirts....although i found the repairerss are reluctant to di it to plastic that isn't brand new. they say that road grime and grease gets onto the plastic and it increases the chances of the paint peeling after a year....

luckily my skirt was brand new (from my mishap).

Pharkus, we can meet up some time and you can check out how the skirts came up, then make a decision for yourself.

Fungusfee
27th September 2004, 10:24 PM
Got mine done a while back. only cost me $220 for my skirts, rub stips and door handles so shop around. That was including labour to take everything off and put it back on. Looks much better and so much easier to wax!

To paint the small stuff, probably ok to go with a cheap place but if you're repainting a panel or something with a nice smooth surface, I'd probably spend a bit more and go to a bigger joint.

my 2 cents

wishbone
27th September 2004, 11:44 PM
got mine done for $300 at the dealership. mines white, so no metallic in it

Anonymous
28th September 2004, 06:56 PM
thanks guys guess there is no buts about it, i am gonna have to get the whole thing done, $220 for skirts door handles and side strips is a steal IMO might have a mate whos dad can do it :P anyways thanks for all the help