PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a Opelaus 2010 Calender??

gmonkey
3rd January 2010, 09:00 PM
Post Yes if you would be interested in purchasing a Opelaus 2010 Calender

$29 + p/h

Nurb608
3rd January 2010, 09:08 PM
Yup

gmonkey
3rd January 2010, 09:09 PM
may i add dont just vote yes :p also say yes like rory did or i wont be able to tell who said yes :p

poita
3rd January 2010, 09:10 PM
do i have to pay :p

hazrd
3rd January 2010, 09:12 PM
yes for me

gmonkey
3rd January 2010, 09:16 PM
ok going to set a bit of a competition up aswell... who ever designs the best coverpage/frontpage.. gets a free copy :)

chrissn89
3rd January 2010, 09:25 PM
Yes

guy 27
3rd January 2010, 09:55 PM
Yes

Could i also point out that brenton you have selected your car for january. am i wrong in saying we probably won't get these by feb at the earliest?

gmonkey
3rd January 2010, 09:58 PM
i know i dont mind :p id preffer i missed out than someone else as im putting it together :D not to mention my bday is january :p

adam_92
3rd January 2010, 09:59 PM
im sorry guys. i would buy one but i already got 2 calendars for christmas. i would buy a 2012 one later in the year if they get done

gmonkey
3rd January 2010, 10:10 PM
ok going to set a bit of a competition up aswell... who ever designs the best coverpage/frontpage.. gets a free copy :)

all else fails i will use Pauly's group shot at the docks thats been used on the front page for forever :p

hazrd
3rd January 2010, 10:14 PM
thats still an awesome shot though :D

bender
3rd January 2010, 10:18 PM
dunno just a quick idea

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/63NDA123/callender.jpg

i know it needs something else but havent used ps since school so forgotten everything feel free to play/destroy

Nurb608
3rd January 2010, 10:58 PM
im sorry guys. i would buy one but i already got 2 calendars for christmas. i would buy a 2012 one later in the year if they get done

Why not a 2011 one?

PaulyJ
3rd January 2010, 10:59 PM
Yes for me
Whatever photos you need, just let me know.
Mind you, I'll be doing a heap of shoots in the next 2 weeks.

SIMid
3rd January 2010, 11:27 PM
Not trying to be picky or anything, but a running order of the pics selected would be nice to see for everyone.

chrissn89
3rd January 2010, 11:30 PM
Not trying to be picky or anything, but a running order of the pics selected would be nice to see for everyone.

just jump into the other thread, people are uploading them in it.

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?25457-Opelaus-Calendars

SIMid
3rd January 2010, 11:39 PM
just jump into the other thread, people are uploading them in it.

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?25457-Opelaus-Calendars

I know. :p

But like the final pics used, Jan, Feb, Mar ....etc.

adam_92
3rd January 2010, 11:42 PM
Why not a 2011 one?

because im all ****ed up with the dates haha im a year ahead oh myself atm but yes i ment 2011 lol

ChrisMaz
3rd January 2010, 11:51 PM
Yes for me.

Hows about the cover is just the selected OA sticker/logo?

Nurb608
4th January 2010, 12:11 AM
Yes for me.

+1

gmonkey
4th January 2010, 12:32 AM
I know. :p

But like the final pics used, Jan, Feb, Mar ....etc.

If I leave it to a voting system I fear it will end up like the logo comp.... Never ending :p can't please everybody 100% sadly

CNBLU
4th January 2010, 12:39 AM
im in definatley

maloo97
4th January 2010, 01:24 AM
im in definatley

+ 1

jastra
4th January 2010, 02:24 AM
yes

hazrd
4th January 2010, 09:50 AM
Yes for me.

ill download it from the logo thread and see what i can whip up in CS4 tonight

RobCDX
4th January 2010, 11:13 AM
yes

glider
4th January 2010, 05:22 PM
I did not want to start a political shitstorm in the photo thread... so:

January - gmonkey (Black H Coupe)
Feb - CNBLU
March - Guy27 (Silver G)
April - Pauly - Orange/gold Corsa
May - Sooty (Silver H 5dr)
June - Poita (Orange Calibra)
July - Nurb (Nurb)
August - chrissn89 (Silver G)
September - SIMID
October - Hazrd (Red Calibra)
November - Cunnie10 (silver H coupe)
December - ??

to be brutally honest it looks like most of those you picked by who spams or is on your friends list... I'm not sure i've ever seen a post by one of the people you listed...

you missed alot of cars that would be better than a few of the menitoned ones... despite coming from a state where we have 95% astras, I 100% agree with shay on the below points

yet so far we have, astra, astra, astra, corsa, astra, calibra, astra, astra, astra, calibra, astra, ???
i think thats pretty shit...

main models on this forum:
astra G
astra h
vectra b
calibra
corsa c
vectra c
corsa b

so why not have 2 of each of the top 5 and 1 each of the bottom 2 (if any one posts them)

I wont be buying one if it comes out in that format, does not represent the OA community in its truest form.

Neeko
4th January 2010, 06:15 PM
I did not want to start a political shitstorm in the photo thread... so:

to be brutally honest it looks like most of those you picked by who spams or is on your friends list... I'm not sure i've ever seen a post by one of the people you listed...

you missed alot of cars that would be better than a few of the menitoned ones... despite coming from a state where we have 95% astras, I 100% agree with shay on the below points

I wont be buying one if it comes out in that format, does not represent the OA community in its truest form.

+1

DWS 92
4th January 2010, 06:22 PM
I'll buy one as long as it has a Veccy B in it :P

Edit: After reading what Toby posted I'll have to agree with him. This is Opelaus, not Astraus.

Shay
4th January 2010, 06:23 PM
yes, and "subscribing"

hazrd
4th January 2010, 06:27 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Nurb608
4th January 2010, 06:29 PM
For everyone thats winging, why not put a pic up that you want included in the calendar. That was the original point yet alot of people not willing to help!

*rant over*

sooty
4th January 2010, 06:32 PM
Just for another pov, whilst this is not 'astraaus' it is a forum dominated by astras, so I agree that the calendar should have a representation of the afforementioned models, I disagree that there should be two of each, I'd say more like 1 corsa b etc and end up with like 4, maybe 5 astras tops. These sorts of ratios leads to a more accurate representation of the forum community

DWS 92
4th January 2010, 06:32 PM
I would, but my car's nothing special..

Shay
4th January 2010, 06:35 PM
For everyone thats winging, why not put a pic up that you want included in the calendar. That was the original point yet alot of people not willing to help!

*rant over*

i think (for some of us, me included) its more the fact its been posted 1 or 2 days, yet already months are being lined up, no doubt ppl havent seen the thread or had time to post yet, or want new photos, the fact there is already a list of cars to months may be a bit of a turn off for ppl who would have put something in, but think its all taken

chrissn89
4th January 2010, 06:37 PM

*rant over*

+1 if you want YOUR car in it. Get out and take a photo of it. Would be awesome to have vectra b's, corsa c/b's, and cali's and even the astra van people mover thingys. But people we need your photos. Just because the astra guys have uploaded there pics already doesnt mean it will only be astra. There is a cut off date, so get cracking :)

hazrd
4th January 2010, 06:38 PM
just a thought

what about a 50 50 split ... 2 cars on a month???

sooty
4th January 2010, 06:40 PM
Nothing is locked in yet, just need lots of pics of all the models, then there can be a decision process as to what makes it and what doesn't. If it frees up another spot for someone who really wants theirs in, I don't mind if mine doesn't get used

mr corsa
4th January 2010, 06:41 PM
12months per calender year = 12 cars with 2,711 Members should be intresting

Neeko
4th January 2010, 06:45 PM
i like the 2 cars per month thing

chrissn89
4th January 2010, 06:46 PM
i like the 2 cars per month thing

i agree, also means lower quality photos would be able to be used.

Nurb608
4th January 2010, 06:47 PM
i think (for some of us, me included) its more the fact its been posted 1 or 2 days, yet already months are being lined up, no doubt ppl havent seen the thread or had time to post yet, or want new photos, the fact there is already a list of cars to months may be a bit of a turn off for ppl who would have put something in, but think its all taken

True, but right above where the months are posted it says "If there is too many cars i will number them and draw from a hat (i would do voting but that would take forever and ever, so its all down to chance)".

Remember this is a calendar, if we went into too much debate and waited for everyone to go out and get new pics, it would have to be a 2011 calendar.

As Ain said, i'm not fussed if mine gets used either if we can get some other nice shots in there, i'm still getting one.

gmonkey
4th January 2010, 06:48 PM
guys ive just been working with what ive got... IF YOU WANT MORE CORSAS AND VECTRAS AND TIGRAS ETC POST SOME PICS THE DEAD LINE IS 2 WEEKS AWAY, i wont do the finished product till then and car selection will be by oppinion not bias, it will not be an astrafest!!

the months arent set in stone they were just prefferences..

poita
4th January 2010, 06:55 PM
now you all understand the shit i had to put up with doing the logo.

gl with it

gmonkey
4th January 2010, 07:04 PM
now you all understand the shit i had to put up with doing the logo.

gl with it

bastard :p.... :(

glider
4th January 2010, 07:28 PM
+1 if you want YOUR car in it. Get out and take a photo of it. Would be awesome to have vectra b's, corsa c/b's, and cali's and even the astra van people mover thingys. But people we need your photos. Just because the astra guys have uploaded there pics already doesnt mean it will only be astra. There is a cut off date, so get cracking :)

*rant over*
I dont want my car in it, I dont like taking photos of it, I'll be honored if that photo I took of chris's makes it in.

but I would rather look people start looking at the members ride threads for some of the nice cars in there that have no mention (eg arden blue vxrs, black SRiTs, etc) before putting names to months prematurely.

it should be a broad variety of good looking cars, not just from the most active people (not saying they dont have nice looking vehicles)

I had a thought about submitting some of the shots I took of the OA cars on the track at wowb, but they're not allowed to be sold :(

gmonkey
4th January 2010, 07:51 PM
I dont want my car in it, I dont like taking photos of it, I'll be honored if that photo I took of chris's makes it in.

but I would rather look people start looking at the members ride threads for some of the nice cars in there that have no mention (eg arden blue vxrs, black SRiTs, etc) before putting names to months prematurely.

it should be a broad variety of good looking cars, not just from the most active people (not saying they dont have nice looking vehicles)

you have to remember i have to acquire photos off these people, people who aint been on for a while or no longer come online and there photos have to be of rather large resolution.. taking photos from their build threads wont work...

my only solution would be is a make a page for a certain car and apply their pictures to a singular page, so maybe a front on pic rear view and engine bay pic..

something like this...
http://streetrats.net/e107_images/newspost_images/concept-z-montage.jpg

ASTRAY
5th January 2010, 01:01 AM
im in mate. ill take 1.
as for other models, ask auzvectra to take a pic of his combo.

glider
5th January 2010, 03:54 AM
you have to remember i have to acquire photos off these people, people who aint been on for a while or no longer come online and there photos have to be of rather large resolution.. taking photos from their build threads wont work...

well pretty sure most people keep high res copies... eg. pauly will have them of the vic cars... even looking through previous cruise picture threads...

I'm going to sit now and see what happens