PDA

View Full Version : astra g with garrett turbo

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 10:38 AM
just wondering if an1 is running a garrett turbo on astra g in melbourne?

CNBLU
24th December 2009, 10:45 AM
ive heard of a couple. why?

mr corsa
24th December 2009, 10:49 AM
isnt there one in qld?

mr corsa
24th December 2009, 10:51 AM
isnt there one in nsw aswell?

CNBLU
24th December 2009, 10:52 AM
ROFL

hey bitch!

SSS_Hoon
24th December 2009, 11:09 AM
are they actually running though mr corsa?:cornut:

i have a garret on my car but its not a astra does that count?

SSS_Hoon

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 11:41 AM

i have some spare pennys and would like to look into a garrett possible gt30 or so was interested to have a look. and ausvectra is too far away in qld to have a visual on how things are done

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 11:42 AM
are they actually running though mr corsa?:cornut:

i have a garret on my car but its not a astra does that count?

SSS_Hoon

counts if u have a z20let under ur hood hahaha prob not how she go anywayzand what kinda garrett? u got

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 11:43 AM
isnt there one in qld?

dude i says melbourne not sudan or nsw hahaha cheeky 1

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 11:45 AM

im just wanting to do full home work on this so i go about it the right way thats all old fellor has given the ok to lend a hand and possibly a few xtra pennys.

SSS_Hoon
24th December 2009, 11:45 AM
counts if u have a z20let under ur hood hahaha prob not how she go anywayzand what kinda garrett? u got

nah y would i want to take a backwards step hehehe.

only a T28 non BB, but its enough.

SSS_Hoon

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 11:46 AM

SSS_Hoon
differ between non bb or bb?
i want power with quality and reliability

auzvectra
24th December 2009, 11:47 AM
there is 2 in qld actually.
who says that is isnt running?? i just said it wasnt finished (i.e. hasnt got a final tune yet)
i'm just sick of childish crap, so i dont mention much bout it nemore.

oh, and boosted has been in it too!

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 11:48 AM

SSS_Hoon

sss is 2.2 or 2.4?

SSS_Hoon
24th December 2009, 11:49 AM
differ between non bb or bb?
i want power with quality and reliability

BB= ball bearing.

all depends on what other mods u have on ur car and what u want from it to what turbo u should get, although deff get a BB turbo much better, faster response and seem to last longer aswell, although harder to rebuild.

you could of put all those quotes in the one post, or are u just getting ur post count up hehehe.

SSS_Hoon

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 11:50 AM
there is 2 in qld actually.
who says that is isnt running?? i just said it wasnt finished (i.e. hasnt got a final tune yet)
i'm just sick of childish crap, so i dont mention much bout it nemore.

oh, and boosted has been in it too!
umm ill have ur motor and turbo... oh and a nos bottle thanks aus hahahahha i wish u have sweet setup with some pure boost outta that garrett ill give u that u got bb balls under ur hood i want i want haha

SSS_Hoon
24th December 2009, 11:51 AM
sss is 2.2 or 2.4?

SSS is only a 2L mate, same size as the asta 1998cc, although mine is a touch more due to oversized pistons and cc head. id have a guess at about 2050-70cc

SSS_Hoon

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 11:52 AM
BB= ball bearing.

all depends on what other mods u have on ur car and what u want from it to what turbo u should get, although deff get a BB turbo much better, faster response and seem to last longer aswell, although harder to rebuild.

you could of put all those quotes in the one post, or are u just getting ur post count up hehehe.

SSS_Hoon

i thought bb meant big balls hahahahah come on me no stupid on that part hehehhe

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 11:53 AM
SSS is only a 2L mate, same size as the asta 1998cc, although mine is a touch more due to oversized pistons and cc head. id have a guess at about 2050-70cc

SSS_Hoon
i see

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 11:55 AM
BB= ball bearing.

SSS_Hoon
and yes i want to be an oa addict like u yeea

SSS_Hoon
24th December 2009, 11:58 AM
big balls lol.

if ur just going to leave ur engine stock with a fmic and some minor mods and a tunable ecu id recomend a disco potato the 2860rs.

if ur going full on rebuild with everything then id think of going bigger in to the GT30 + range of turbos.

i actually didnt want the T28 on my car i originally had a T25 on there and was great and was everything i wanted from it, but the so called rebuilt turbo only lasted a few 1000k before it went bye bye. and needed another to get car on the road for work so got a T28 2nd hand fairly cheap with a better manifold n dump so i grabbed it.

SSS_Hoon

SSS_Hoon
24th December 2009, 11:58 AM
and yes i want to be an oa addict like u yeea

lol and i dont even drive a opel and i never have lol

SSS_Hoon

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 12:01 PM
big balls lol.

if ur just going to leave ur engine stock with a fmic and some minor mods and a tunable ecu id recomend a disco potato the 2860rs.

if ur going full on rebuild with everything then id think of going bigger in to the GT30 + range of turbos.

i actually didnt want the T28 on my car i originally had a T25 on there and was great and was everything i wanted from it, but the so called rebuilt turbo only lasted a few 1000k before it went bye bye. and needed another to get car on the road for work so got a T28 2nd hand fairly cheap with a better manifold n dump so i grabbed it.

SSS_Hoon
ok i see well i had a t25 befor i got astra it was rebuilt and sitting in garage then sold it cause it was collecting dust then i decided to get turbo astra and was like oh dammit why did i do that haha these things happen

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 12:04 PM
sss have u been in a astra turbo slightly modded they go alright ey but how would u compare the t28 pick up a lot better and some nice boostova say vxr turbo ime not want race car just a garrett prolly do pistons and rods few internal things when i rebuild motor eventually

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 12:41 PM
hmm good to see every 1 left in quiet a hurry ummm ta ta

SSS_Hoon
24th December 2009, 01:49 PM
sss have u been in a astra turbo slightly modded they go alright ey but how would u compare the t28 pick up a lot better and some nice boostova say vxr turbo ime not want race car just a garrett prolly do pistons and rods few internal things when i rebuild motor eventually

sorry had to feed the baby. Now i posting this from my fone n its wierd as.

Yeah i been in some astra's modded n stock. And a vxr with bluefin. And the sss def seems faster and has more me a kick to it when the boost comes on, but that is more to do with it coming on harder n faster with more. Thing is with mine i have a 80 rear on mine so it spools up later but hits hard. Only a few 100rpm from start to boost to full boost. Where the astra's are smaller turbo's so they come on alot earlier and almost feel as if they are on boost instantly. Which is what my build was designed for low boost high comp good daily with only a goal of 150fwkw. But i have now exceeded that although that is only a guess. Hard to compare the2though. As both cars are different in so many ways. For me i prefer the sss as its better looking hehe. Plus more available mods for it and easier to get power from.

All depends on when you want the power and how you intend to drive the car. If its just a daily that you want some poke from then a gt30 i would say is too big. Id go a high flowed vxr turbo with supporting mods.

SSS_Hoon

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 05:05 PM
sorry had to feed the baby. Now i posting this from my fone n its wierd as.

Yeah i been in some astra's modded n stock. And a vxr with bluefin. And the sss def seems faster and has more me a kick to it when the boost comes on, but that is more to do with it coming on harder n faster with more. Thing is with mine i have a 80 rear on mine so it spools up later but hits hard. Only a few 100rpm from start to boost to full boost. Where the astra's are smaller turbo's so they come on alot earlier and almost feel as if they are on boost instantly. Which is what my build was designed for low boost high comp good daily with only a goal of 150fwkw. But i have now exceeded that although that is only a guess. Hard to compare the2though. As both cars are different in so many ways. For me i prefer the sss as its better looking hehe. Plus more available mods for it and easier to get power from.

All depends on when you want the power and how you intend to drive the car. If its just a daily that you want some poke from then a gt30 i would say is too big. Id go a high flowed vxr turbo with supporting mods.

SSS_Hoon
great.tho i know exactly what i am going for now spoke to a pro astra driver, every thing is a goer now im 10 steps ahead of everything now and getting things happening as i speak thanks for ur time.
also is there any midgets on oa.

SSS_Hoon
24th December 2009, 05:08 PM
great.tho i know exactly what i am going for now spoke to a pro astra driver, every thing is a goer now im 10 steps ahead of everything now and getting things happening as i speak thanks for ur time.
also is there any midgets on oa.

orly?

LoL

no worries mate, care to share any of your details for ur plan?

SSS_Hoon

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 05:12 PM
orly?

LoL

no worries mate, care to share any of your details for ur plan?

SSS_Hoon
hahahah killer ay.
also would love to tell but its a secret i can not tell just yet you'll all see soon enough hehe sss thnks for ur info appreiciated.take care and enjoy the full boost and hi torque yeea.
Boost gets ya laid"

CNBLU
24th December 2009, 08:48 PM
Casey just call me and i'll tell you all you need to know

boosted_astra
24th December 2009, 09:24 PM
Casey just call me and i'll tell you all you need to know
thanks gav will do

ope11
25th December 2009, 01:08 PM
just a quick note,i have three lots of tune,front mt,3inch dump pipe 3inch exhaust,pod filter ,and k&n oil filter,and i still have my cross over pipe,and stock turbo.car is strong and very reliaible:) and i have 196.1hp at the front wheels:)
;) good luck with ur build:)

boosted_astra
25th December 2009, 01:19 PM
just a quick note,i have three lots of tune,front mt,3inch dump pipe 3inch exhaust,pod filter ,and k&n oil filter,and i still have my cross over pipe,and stock turbo.car is strong and very reliaible:) and i have 196.1hp at the front wheels:)
;) good luck with ur build:)

\hehe nice if i can ill try push that amount of hp to 3x or 4x that. lets see the end results sooner rather than later hopefully i love the work FULLBOOST

ope11
25th December 2009, 02:10 PM
i have heard of one blue astra with apparently 600hp,they spent a shit load on it ,not much was stanard,the gearbox i heard was sent over sea's(dog box),,this car is a right off now,hitting a kangaroo,and putting the driver in a very bad way.this was couple of years ago.they weren't part of the opelaus club,the person who owned this car live's in brown's plain(peter)but sold to a guy in perth i think.:)

boosted_astra
25th December 2009, 03:02 PM
i have heard of one blue astra with apparently 600hp,they spent a shit load on it ,not much was stanard,the gearbox i heard was sent over sea's(dog box),,this car is a right off now,hitting a kangaroo,and putting the driver in a very bad way.this was couple of years ago.they weren't part of the opelaus club,the person who owned this car live's in brown's plain(peter)but sold to a guy in perth i think.:)

i well im a great beliver at least he was doin sumthin he loved doin something he god dam well loved so much ay u understand where im comin from these things happen and ill take the risk we only live once if u have not already relised so go hard or go home with a skirt on.

boosted_astra
25th December 2009, 03:04 PM

also with 100hp hitting a kangeroo can fuk u up so what the hell is the difference here? we do things in life to fullfill our dreams and seems thats what he did..............................................! !!!

SSS_Hoon
25th December 2009, 06:38 PM
no worries mate, not sure how usuefull my info was to u though, seeing as completly different cars LoL.

boost gets u laid does it? wish that were true lol. my wife andi both have turbo cars and im not getting any so there goes that theory LoL.

so ur aiming for 600-800hp? hope ur pockets are deep.

will be interested in seeing the build up though, im a sucker for a build up thread with lots of pics....

SSS_Hoon

boosted_astra
25th December 2009, 07:41 PM
hehehe just a theroy but sounds good its on the ads tv hahaha u must of seen it the juice ad bosst

ope11
26th December 2009, 03:04 PM
also with 100hp hitting a kangeroo can fuk u up so what the hell is the difference here? we do things in life to fullfill our dreams and seems thats what he did..............................................! !!!

yeh understood,but he was doing over 200k's,so car is no more,just a thought .also i race my opel,and have had car's with 500hp,just the power to weight ratio ,,200hp is preety good,with out to much wheel spin ,,i was just trying to let u know that power is good if u can get to the ground,maybe get used to some tuning and exhuast be4 u upgrade turbo;)

ope11
26th December 2009, 03:06 PM
and i have had my opel since they came out new,2003.:)due for 2nd timing belt change.

boosted_astra
26th December 2009, 07:07 PM
yeh understood,but he was doing over 200k's,so car is no more,just a thought .also i race my opel,and have had car's with 500hp,just the power to weight ratio ,,200hp is preety good,with out to much wheel spin ,,i was just trying to let u know that power is good if u can get to the ground,maybe get used to some tuning and exhuast be4 u upgrade turbo;)
\
i have all mods done im ready for next level vxr turbo haltec all dond need bigger turbs now
garrett here i come soz dude i forgot to tell u my car is not standard at all all mods done now need next level bigger turbo and engine work.

all good mate would of loved to have a ride in that car tho hheheh nice 600 hp

boosted_astra
26th December 2009, 07:09 PM
ah yes ill be workin on getting power to ground have few ideas in mind just need to work out which is the best

SSS_Hoon
27th December 2009, 10:30 AM
some nice big earth cables will help in getting the power to the ground. :D

That is my problem i have is getting traction LoL, a LSD and some decent tyres are needed but oh well cash is the limiting factor. Oh and a decent suspension setup is also needed, plus a PAR box OMG, the cars not worth that much LoL

SSS_Hoon

boosted_astra
27th December 2009, 10:42 AM
some nice big earth cables will help in getting the power to the ground. :D

SSS_Hoon
hahaha nice 1 sss hehe i see the humorous side of this i like it

ope11
27th December 2009, 11:00 AM
definently look at LSD, when racing at wheels on wide bay, it would of help me out, everyone knows that auzvectra has lsd ,with what he has told me ,it will be my next upgrade so i can get what power i have to the ground.:)
power cables ,that funny:)

boosted_astra
27th December 2009, 04:42 PM
definently look at lsd, when racing at wheels on wide bay, it would of help me out, everyone knows that auzvectra has lsd ,with what he has told me ,it will be my next upgrade so i can get what power i have to the ground.:)
power cables ,that funny:)

lsd is a must

auzvectra
27th December 2009, 09:31 PM
and camber is a killer too ;). the difference in traction when shifting from 0deg to 1deg is ridiculous!!! just i have mine at 2deg at the moment, was bored and was setting it up for the charity cruise n mountain run. the turn in is sweet but, hahaha.
more twitchy but. and it did handle very well at 0deg neway.

CNBLU
27th December 2009, 10:51 PM
dont forget a caster kit aswell