PDA

View Full Version : bad driving habits

guy 27
22nd December 2009, 01:00 AM
Everyone has a bad driving habit. What is yours?

For me its looking into other cars headlights at night then not being able to see anything for a few seconds after. really started bugging me on my last long distance drive.

ChrisMaz
22nd December 2009, 02:31 AM
Addicted to lane changing and chopping people off.

Shay
22nd December 2009, 02:47 AM
For me its looking into other cars headlights at night then not being able to see anything for a few seconds after. really started bugging me on my last long distance drive.

+1.

and:
- toying around with dickheads, boxing and cutting off etc.
- speed creep...
- getting sucked into comps with other cars, whether stereo, exhaust, speed
- tailgating, like as in 50cm away from the car infront... ask the WA boys :D

noobie
22nd December 2009, 02:56 AM
Generally driving, particularly early morning, from point A to B and not remembering any details of the actual trip. :eek:

Shay
22nd December 2009, 03:00 AM
Generally driving, particularly early morning, from point A to B and not remembering any details of the actual trip. :eek:

lol, YES!!! gotta love the old auto pilot.

GreyRex
22nd December 2009, 08:27 AM
Peak hour traffic...

AfterBurner
22nd December 2009, 09:12 AM
All the above... Except Shay's tailgating, i care for my front spoiler :D

btm
22nd December 2009, 10:18 AM
oh boy... where do i start!!

nuggz
22nd December 2009, 10:39 AM
- getting sucked into comps with other cars, whether stereo, exhaust, speed

my dicks bigger then yours :p

i suffer from speed creep
and lack of tollerance of slow slow drivers and drivers that dont pull over to let faster cars past

GreyRex
22nd December 2009, 10:57 AM
my dicks bigger then yours :p

I literally laugh out loud everytime an SS Commodore thinks they must accelerate harder than me from the lights

Basically without fail... you can put money on it at every set of lights

Something to prove maybe? Pfft... please

btm
22nd December 2009, 11:06 AM
on the bike - splitting and hard accelerating which often leads to speeding

in the car - still thinking you're on the bike when gaps really need to be bigger!

hazrd
22nd December 2009, 11:17 AM
i honestly dont have enough space in this post to list.... nor do i have the legal right to reveal it :eek:

one of the most common ones...... dodging speed humps... ill examine every other avenue before going over one of those suckers... oh and steep driveways

boorny88
22nd December 2009, 11:25 AM
i just drive to the limit but flat fot it on take off haha plus major auto pilot haha

Ice
22nd December 2009, 11:35 AM
Majority of the time I give it a bit off the lights and have to get shotgun at the lights as ill find myself stuck behind some frikin slowcoach who lets a truck out accelerate them..grrrrrr

hilary_1987
22nd December 2009, 12:21 PM
Mild road rage, except I've toned it down since a psycho lady followed me home then got out of her car and threatened to slit my throat while I was sleeping and burn down my house now she new where I lived amongst other things all because I gave her the finger haha. And yes good old auto pilot, just phase out and hey presto, I'm home :D

btm
22nd December 2009, 12:26 PM
:lol: @ hilary's post

Wraith
22nd December 2009, 12:47 PM
Everyone has a bad driving habit. What is yours?

Hahaha LOL you must really hate people with HID conversions on normal/non projector headligts then, would leave you seeing a big black dot for a long time afterwards :lol:

imay
22nd December 2009, 01:03 PM
My worst driving habit? . . .

Being able to predict what STUPID move the driver/s around me is going to do (indecisive action, lack of indication, etc.) . . . and then getting frustrated with them when they do actually do it! I could see it coming, got ready for evasive action . . . and still get annoyed with them. Far short of road rage though, only get annoyed with myself.

Wraith
22nd December 2009, 01:05 PM
My worst driving habit? . . .

Being able to predict what STUPID move the driver/s around me is going to do (indecisive action, lack of indication, etc.) . . . and then getting frustrated with them when they do actually do it! I could see it coming, got ready for evasive action . . . and still get annoyed with them. Far short of road rage though, only get annoyed with myself.

I wouldn't be so dissapointed with that Ian, you have a very good perception there for preventative action - which is a really good thing to have these days on our roads !!! :)

Brazza
22nd December 2009, 01:09 PM
Definitely auto pilot but my main one is if I'm being tailgated while travelling at a bit over the limit, I deliberately slow down to the speed limit and feign ignorance :rolleyes:

note: only do this if they are in a car too nice to tap yours on the arse with there's a bit of paint missing off the bumper of my old shitbox lancer that taught me that lesson.. I mean don't do this at all it is immature and irresponsible :rolleyes:

imay
22nd December 2009, 01:10 PM
Learnt this skill very early in my driving days, Ange. And it's saved my butt quite a few times. Always stressed to my kids when teaching them to drive to be more aware of what the other road users are up to than what you are actually doing yourself. You know what you are doing, but they have no idea what they are doing!

aza28
22nd December 2009, 01:52 PM
road rage, particularly when i see someone swerve to the right or left before they turn the opposite direction, slow drivers, ppl who are too lazy to enter a dedicated right or left turn lane properly forcing you to slow down and ppl who tailgate.

hazrd
22nd December 2009, 02:39 PM
Hahaha LOL you must really hate people with HID conversions on normal/non projector headligts then, would leave you seeing a big black dot for a long time afterwards :lol:

dont always need non projectors for that to happen :o

Ice
22nd December 2009, 03:16 PM
road rage, particularly when i see someone swerve to the right or left before they turn the opposite direction, slow drivers, ppl who are too lazy to enter a dedicated right or left turn lane properly forcing you to slow down and ppl who tailgate.

oh yes thats shits me ! people in barina's who when making a turn, actually turn out like their driving a B-Double ! grrrrr

and people who mmerge with only one lane and its as if their going to hit you.....it is actually illegal...

guy 27
22nd December 2009, 03:20 PM

actually the hid's are not that bad. its the normal halogen headlights that are so badly adjusted you can't help but stare right into them.

milestones54
22nd December 2009, 03:41 PM
If someone leaves a big gap between them and the car in front at a set of lights, i try to reverse park in it (benefit of a small car :P) Shits me up the wall, because someone behind them could have missed a light because of it.

Ice
22nd December 2009, 03:50 PM
got another......people who sleep when the turning arrow goes green and then im the one that misses the light because they were sleeping....we should get Bert Newton to do a top 20 ;)

cholly
22nd December 2009, 04:22 PM
Im a chronic speeder, i cant help it.... honest hahaha!!
But my boyfriend is waaay worse than me, he is a chronic speeder, in his 4wd, he hits speed humps at like 80, hehehe, he has uber road rage, and is also seeming like every car that pulls up next to him at lights wants to race him, which is really funny, me and my friends egg it on hahaha

Jerram
22nd December 2009, 04:32 PM
leaving too big a gap to the car in front - always lets lane bargers in (which annoys me)

A new habit which comes with a sports exhaust - incessantly burbling the throttle in underground car parks.

Quiet back road/night a-road speed trials (do it less than I used to)

ripping around roundabouts and powering out (not faster than the limit though)

that's about all I can think of.

glider
22nd December 2009, 04:38 PM
road rage as previewed below

-no one has any respect for space left for SAFE stopping distance. many times people have been very lucky my vehicle was not fully loaded (which it often is)

-impatient P platers (usually) flying up the left outside lane (ending in 50m) so they can get to the next traffic lights 5 seconds earlier

-people who push the pedestrian crossing button then jaywalk... traffic stops for minute meanwhile they're already 100m down the road... DONT PUSH THE ****ING BUTTON IF YOU'RE GOING TO NOT ****ING USE IT, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY YOU ARE COSTING THE 20 VEHICLES YOU JUST STOPPED?

I could go on but too many to list. I do 2-300km a day of suburban driving so get to see quite a bit of stupid/frustrating shit.

glider
22nd December 2009, 04:39 PM
lane bargers

those 2 words sum up the biggest cause of road rage I would gamble

AfterBurner
22nd December 2009, 04:47 PM
A nice 'Can o Worms' thread... Good to see...

What about C***ts that park in clearways on major roads during public hols & esp. in hot weather...

If any Sydney siders know the Grand Parade @Brighton they know what i mean... Those F*****RS should be fined like $500 to deter them & other ppl from doing it, it takes me on average an extra 10-15mins to get home bcos 1 or 2 F'Wits have parked there to goto the beach...

How about the Cyclists that hog a whole friggin lane during peak-hour on major arterial roads... They don't pay insurance or road tax... Run em over i say...:yikes: lol...

rant over for now... till i think of another...

Maybe this thread will make it to "Sticky" status...

milestones54
22nd December 2009, 04:52 PM
Cyclists in bus lanes in the city.
They get to rid on the road but a possible 70 people (just on that bus) are losing time

2002_XC
22nd December 2009, 05:23 PM
-people who push the pedestrian crossing button then jaywalk... traffic stops for minute meanwhile they're already 100m down the road... DONT PUSH THE ****ING BUTTON IF YOU'RE GOING TO NOT ****ING USE IT, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY YOU ARE COSTING THE 20 VEHICLES YOU JUST STOPPED?

haha!! Agreed:D

ROCCO
22nd December 2009, 05:55 PM
haha!! Agreed:D
+1 that shits me to tears.

My worst habit is slowing down when getting tailgated...then getting pissed of when the tailgater goes passed me

hazrd
22nd December 2009, 05:57 PM
My worst habit is slowing down when getting tailgated...then getting pissed of when the tailgater goes passed me

is it a bad thing that i LOVE doing that when theres no way they can go around me? :devil:

delemonte
22nd December 2009, 08:19 PM

is it a bad thing that i LOVE doing that when theres no way they can go around me? :devil:

+1... I try to be lax when I see other ppl doing stupid stuff on the road, but I really struggle with tail-gaters... My usual response is to slow down 10-20km/h below the speed limit

Neeko
22nd December 2009, 11:19 PM
lots and lots

hilary_1987
22nd December 2009, 11:34 PM
+1... I try to be lax when I see other ppl doing stupid stuff on the road, but I really struggle with tail-gaters... My usual response is to slow down 10-20km/h below the speed limit

Same I slow down heaps or if they really piss me off put my hazard lights on muwhahaa :devil: or even sneakier I flick my rear fog lights on for a second or 2 making them think that I'm breaking

sri guy
22nd December 2009, 11:37 PM
my main habits are slowing down for and in extreme cases "brake testing"
tailgaters. and also tactically boxing these twats in or sitting beside them til their lane ends or there is a parked car in their lane and they have to get let back in to the line of traffic. but 9 times out of 10 i just chill and do the speed limit. its just all these plebs on the road that think just because they can drive fast that they are good drivers they bring out the worst in me lol

Neeko
22nd December 2009, 11:48 PM
Same I slow down heaps or if they really piss me off put my hazard lights on muwhahaa :devil: or even sneakier I flick my rear fog lights on for a second or 2 making them think that I'm breaking

I've left 2 litres of windscreen washer fluid on someones filthy windscreen :)
they gently slow down as they smell the baby shampoo mix unleash its misty fury.

sri guy
22nd December 2009, 11:56 PM
yeah used to to the rear foggy trick when i had my astra lol

delemonte
23rd December 2009, 12:02 AM
even sneakier I flick my rear fog lights on for a second or 2 making them think that I'm breaking

+1.. Yeah, this is always a good one :p

I've left 2 litres of windscreen washer fluid on someones filthy windscreen :)
they gently slow down as they smell the baby shampoo mix unleash its misty fury.

I've thought about doing this often but never have my rear-window washer adjusted to do this at the right time.. :rolleyes: Have thought about installing additional squirters solely for this purpose too

Jerram
23rd December 2009, 01:34 AM
+1.. Yeah, this is always a good one :p

I've thought about doing this often but never have my rear-window washer adjusted to do this at the right time.. :rolleyes: Have thought about installing additional squirters solely for this purpose too

well I found that buying poor quality aftermarket front washer jets causes the fluid to mist over your roof and right into their windscreen - even if they're 10 or so meters behind!

AH08
23rd December 2009, 01:37 AM
F*#K tail gaters....I jump on the brake(in the ute). Did it to a guy too busing leaning over chatting to his girlfriend and sitting right up my arse for about 10k's, I slowed down/ speed up/ tapped the brakes/moved over when he could pass, but he didn't. I looked in the rear view mirror for when he was looking up, I tapped the brake again and he didn't back off, so I jumped on the brake. He had his commodore locked up, smoke pouring off the tyres, I pulled to a complete stop and hopped out to.. er, have a chat with him and he done a runner. (Hope your tyres are flat spotted, chickenshit)

Oh and if he had have rear ended me.........I was braking for the dog that ran across in front of me.......what you didn't see it?

btm
23rd December 2009, 09:24 AM
AWhat about C***ts that park in clearways on major roads during public hols & esp. in hot weather...

If any Sydney siders know the Grand Parade @Brighton they know what i mean... Those F*****RS should be fined like $500 to deter them & other ppl from doing it, it takes me on average an extra 10-15mins to get home bcos 1 or 2 F'Wits have parked there to goto the beach...

yesterday arvo grand pde, perfect example... mother fukers!

Keep'emRunning
23rd December 2009, 12:26 PM
yesterday arvo grand pde, perfect example... mother fukers!

haha I love seeing those a**holes arguing with the towies as their cars are hoisted up on the winch :)

They never seem to learn though..

Neeko
23rd December 2009, 12:38 PM
well I found that buying poor quality aftermarket front washer jets causes the fluid to mist over your roof and right into their windscreen - even if they're 10 or so meters behind!

exactly what I do.

If you have any tailgaters, just empy all your windscreen washer fluid onto theirs. It's a real treat when their fluid is empty and all they get is smear :D

Works 92% of the time, the other 8% is smashing the brake on to a ridiculously slow speed somewhere where they can't overtake :)

hazrd
23rd December 2009, 01:52 PM
or even sneakier I flick my rear fog lights on for a second or 2 making them think that I'm breaking

omg i so do that too :lol: twin rear foggies in the calibra, they are so bright, the driver has no choice but to back off or go blind :D

guy 27
23rd December 2009, 01:59 PM
i usually just slow down by 20km/h below the speed limit if someone is tailgating me.

oh another bad habit i have is getting out of the car and telling people to stop using their horns. i have only ever once disconnected someones horn.(easy when you know where it is on the astra) stupid girl didn't know what happened.

TURBOGRINS
29th December 2009, 09:40 PM
on the bike - splitting and hard accelerating which often leads to speeding

in the car - still thinking you're on the bike when gaps really need to be bigger!

haha - SAME ;)