PDA

View Full Version : Newbie. 2003 VC CDXi

SeeDeeXeye
20th December 2009, 02:36 PM
Hi Everyone. Just bought a 2003 CDXi. 5-speed auto with tiptronic. So far, so good. Except I am getting a brake light bulb warning light on the dash when there is nothing wrong with the brake lights. How do I get the warning light to disappear? Also, I am hoping someone can recommend a good site to do some on-line purchasing. The 120k service is coming up in around 5,000 km. I need to buy the timing belt kit, water pump, filters etc etc. Can anyone recommend a good site in the UK or Europe? I was quoted $833 just for the timing belt kit here in Australia... Cheers. :)

Nurb608
20th December 2009, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the site.

Best place for parts is www.autovaux.co.uk (http://www.autovaux.co.uk) or http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/home.php

poita
20th December 2009, 03:02 PM
welcome along mate, glad your login has finally been sorted.

sorry about all the troubles with that.

if you do an order with LMF let them know your a member on OpelAus ;)

guy 27
20th December 2009, 03:35 PM
welcome to oa

hazrd
20th December 2009, 03:37 PM
welcome... love the username :p

stevedee3
20th December 2009, 04:35 PM
Except I am getting a brake light bulb warning light on the dash when there is nothing wrong with the brake lights. How do I get the warning light to disappear?Make sure all four red tail lights are functioning - easiest way is to turn headlights on and check for four glowing bulbs at the rear.

SubZero
20th December 2009, 04:36 PM
welcome

auzvectra
20th December 2009, 04:47 PM
seems no1 has said, ring autovaux. dont email ;). they get too many emails, n many get overlooked.

just wondering, do u mean the brake light check that comes up when u 1st turn the car on? if so, thats just a test to see if they r fine, and turns off when u push the brake the 1st time.

otherwise, as mentioned make sure each bulb is working for the brakes.
and that there isnt any led globes in there instead of normal 1's, the led's dont draw enough current for the bcm to notice they r there :).

SeeDeeXeye
20th December 2009, 05:23 PM
Steve. Thanks heaps mate! Spot on! One of the bulbs was blown. Five bucks at the local servo later and the warning light has disappeared! Also, I noticed the blown bulb was made in Hungary. Could well have been the original from 2003. Anyway, love this Forum! I will ring Autovox some time in the New Year. It will take at least a couple of months to turn over 5,000 k. Thanks again to all. And have a happy and safe Christmas and New Year!

Neeko
20th December 2009, 06:21 PM
welcome to opelaus :)

ChrisMaz
21st December 2009, 05:05 AM
Good to see another CDXi on the forum.

Where are you from mate?

Welcome. :cornut:

Also, contact Danboy_LMF. See if he can give you some pricing/info before you purchase. Althought 120,000km service is pretty straightforward apparently.

btm
21st December 2009, 09:28 AM
howdy and welcome to the site. congrats on the purchase :)