PDA

View Full Version : OPELISED & ICED :D

Pharkus
25th September 2004, 07:13 PM
Finally opelised my car. Here are some photos as well as photos of the long overdue ICE install.

Sorry haven't included a pic of the sub but it's just a JL Audio 10WV3

Anonymous
25th September 2004, 07:16 PM
Sweet Look'n Cap :)
I'm still deciding to ICE or Put a Roll Cage in my SRi :twisted:
But ya setup is clean, I like It :)

Pharkus
25th September 2004, 07:22 PM
Here is the sub and front grille

Anonymous
25th September 2004, 07:23 PM
Excellent :)
Ya grill is looking Helva lot Nice than that Ghey Lion on the Front :)

Mitch
25th September 2004, 07:24 PM
Nice work but i don't agree with mounting amps upside down.

Pharkus
25th September 2004, 07:30 PM
Must be the camera angle Mitch. the amp is on the back of the rear seat so slightly angled down but otherwise pretty close to upright.

And the Cap looks upside down because that's the way the sticker was. Couldn't really change that.

FlySri
26th September 2004, 08:10 AM
Very Sweet !!!!
Great looking ride !!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ultim8DTM5
26th September 2004, 02:31 PM
Nice work but i don't agree with mounting amps upside down.

Upside down? Put the crack pipe down, its right side up!

Hahaha I think I know what you mean though, this one is closer to vertical rather than inverted horizontal so you wouldn't have any problems with heat dissapation here.

Dregger
26th September 2004, 07:23 PM
/me feels like running out the door and getting an amp and capacitator.

Mitch
26th September 2004, 08:07 PM
Must just be the photos, looks more upside down than vertical. But maybe I should go have a look and see how vertical my back seats are. :lol:

I had mine set up with the sub box with two 12s back against the back seat and the amp sitting infront of the subs. Now my subs sit in the garage gathering dust along with the amp that decided to sh*t itself. :(

I'm definately due for an upgrade soon.

krayzastra
26th September 2004, 11:55 PM
I've always wanted to know what that side box area in the boot was for, and now i do a CAPACITOR!!! Looks right at home there. Setup looks very nice, it's funny cause you got your boot setup opposite to mine, i have sub on the left, amp on the right

DoomTrooper
27th September 2004, 11:16 AM
ok guys, i'll go take a photo of my setup since its sort of an ice thread and i've neva put any pics up, let me know wat u htink when i do

Pharkus
27th September 2004, 11:17 AM
*decides to do some work while waiting* :)

DoomTrooper
27th September 2004, 04:44 PM
gotta get sum batteries for camera, sorry for the delay, did u notice any diff with the cap in?

DoomTrooper
27th September 2004, 04:53 PM
dodgey dodgey quality, i know, my brother has the good camera with him in New zealand, u can't see but the little glow on the edge of the pic is the green lights connected to the boot release, the rca on the right off the left amp isn't tied down cause i gotta get splitters for it

Pharkus
27th September 2004, 05:05 PM
Nice setup. Though can you still use your boot if you have to? I've got mine so that I can just rip out the sub (Velcro™)

Couldn't tell you the diff b/w Cap and no Cap. But when pumping headlights don't dim with the bass beats.

Which front splits you have? I just got the one four channel to run front splits and sub, does enough to drive it all. But rarely pump it past 30% of full power anyway. Just wanted high fidelity music at a moderate volume.

Anonymous
27th September 2004, 05:13 PM
fark, i gotta clean mine up,

i just get a mess of cables running around the boot, the amp and sub just sit there, i haven't got the amp mounted or anything :oops:

once i got it working i couldn't be bothered cleaning it all up the next weekend (i had good intentions).....

its now been 2.5years and i still havent cleaned it up :oops:

Mitch
27th September 2004, 05:13 PM
Once again... I don't agree with buying Boss amps. :lol: lol

I've been thinking of getting one 12" sub for my next system. I wanna try and keep it as lightweight as possible and with some room in the boot if needed. I so want to get an Image Dynamics IDMAX12, even with a $849 retail price i'm sure it would be worth it. 8)

DoomTrooper
27th September 2004, 05:15 PM
i'm running Pioneer TS-E1695 front 3 way's with the stock splits, and stock rears for the moment and the c class pioneer sub, off the boss(yuck yuck i know) 1000 4 channel and the blaupunkt GTA 290 2 channel all running off a pioneer DEH-P5550 H/U, yeah i can pull my sub out its on velcro, then i place the parcel shelf beind what ever goes in to avoid scratching, neva had a prob with my headlights in my astra, wat do u drive?
diff between running the sub off the boss and when i got the blau is pretty big, much clearer and had more depth to the bass

Pharkus
27th September 2004, 05:26 PM
I run:
About 14 sec in the 100m [gotten fat]
JVC 909R (i think. What used to be top before the EXAD ones came in, with MP3)
Cadence 4 Gauge wiring throughout
Cadence 1 Farad Capacitor
JL Audio e4300 4x 75 RMS,
JL Audio 10Wv3 10" Sub
MB Quart RCE 216 see below

http://www.mbquart.com/2003/en_US/products/prod_detail.asp?isArchive=&cat=auto&series=reference%20series&strt=1&model=RCE+216

All in my 2.2.

Sounds sweet as, bit more fuller sounding that the pretty ordinary sound from the factory speakers. But find that I get a bit fired up when it's really pumping and like to mash the accelerator to hear the zorst.

Maybe I'm going deaf :oops:

DoomTrooper
28th September 2004, 09:07 AM
the thing i love about mine is the front speakers are very very very clear and its made me hear parts of songs that i couldn't hear with the stock speakers

Pharkus
28th September 2004, 09:25 AM
I just find that there's fuller sound. More bass and treble is nice and crisp.

Trying to dig up some really daggy songs and pump them out while cruising :D

DoomTrooper
28th September 2004, 09:51 AM
The worst is when the cd scratches and u have it turned up

Pharkus
28th September 2004, 09:54 AM
You can also hear the imperfections of a low quality MP3 track as well. Haven't had that CD scratching problem.