PDA

View Full Version : New Member - 04 ZC Vectra CDX

mighty_mouse82
18th December 2009, 09:13 AM
Hi All,

New member here from Sydney with a lot to learn on Vectras and Opel in general.

I’m coming from an ’03 Renaultsport Clio 172, but a change in circumstances (I’ve got my first child arriving next year :D) meant that I had to look for something bigger and with four doors. Anyway, the ZC made sense given its ample space, but I also thought that the standard levels of equipment and styling were great for the money you’re spending.

Prior to the Veccy and Clio I’ve owned:

- 06 FE Mazda RX8 Luxury
- 00 R34 Nissan Skyline GT-T
- 01 Honda Integra DC5 Type R (modified for occasional track use)

The car I bought isn’t perfect (a few minor dings and scratches) hence getting a decent price for it, but most importantly, the internals were still in great nick and I see a lot of potential in the car. Not planning on doing too much with it as it’s intended to be a family car, but as I’ve always loved cars that handle well and I hope to do some slight suspension mods that’ll reduce body roll and allow for some sharper turn in without making it a rough ride for my partner and the new bub.

Will most likely add some external touches to it too;

Opel Grill (if I can source one),
Wheels (still need to decide on size, and obviously have some research to do re: offset etc)
Any other suggestions?

Cheers Guys
Ron

btm
18th December 2009, 09:36 AM
g'day ron and welcome to the site

congrats on the purchase and on the new little addition due next year :)

adam_92
18th December 2009, 10:54 AM
welcome to the site mate and im sure when you start reading through threads and members rides youl get the very contagous and uncurable mod bug lol. evryone says i dont plan to do much but once it gets you your f*cked

mighty_mouse82
18th December 2009, 11:14 AM
welcome to the site mate and im sure when you start reading through threads and members rides youl get the very contagous and uncurable mod bug lol. evryone says i dont plan to do much but once it gets you your f*cked

lol I know what you mean. I've thrown thousands into a few of my previous cars after getting bitten by the mod bug.

I really do mean it this time though :rolleyes:. Especially now that I'm going to have an extra mouth to feed.

lithium
18th December 2009, 11:35 AM
welcome :) i'm sure you already know but a rear sway bar is a good way to reduce body roll so the car feels better around corners, without overly compromising ride comfort. congrats on the baby :)

hazrd
18th December 2009, 11:38 AM
welcome !!

ChrisMaz
18th December 2009, 02:29 PM
Welcome mate.

First of all, to improve handling for the veccys get yourself some Eibach springs and a decent set of shocks. I opted for Koni's which are adjustable. From what you've said, with the baby arriving it'd be a good option to have.

If you have any questions regarding the car theres a tonne of help available in the Veccy section of the forum as well as vectra-c.com
:thumbs: