PDA

View Full Version : "Flutter" issue

hilary_1987
15th December 2009, 08:37 PM
Not sure if this is going to sound really stupid or obvious what the issue is but anywho, when I'm accelerating and on the verge of changing gears my car seems to "flutter" (thats the best i can describe it) slightly, its not a noise, its just feels like the revs flutter when I'm accelerating harder usually from 3rd-4th or 4th-5th once I change into 5th its usually fine.

Tried to do a search on previous posts and threads on here but didn't come up with much at all.

Help is appreciated as to what it could be :D

Jerram
15th December 2009, 08:45 PM
it wouldn't be the air conditioning dis-engaging then re-engaging would it?

hilary_1987
15th December 2009, 08:48 PM
it wouldn't be the air conditioning dis-engaging then re-engaging would it?

But it only happens when I'm going into the higher gears? Or does that not matter? And I rarely have my air conditioning on either if that helps

boosted_astra
15th December 2009, 08:48 PM
Not sure if this is going to sound really stupid or obvious what the issue is but anywho, when I'm accelerating and on the verge of changing gears my car seems to "flutter" (thats the best i can describe it) slightly, its not a noise, its just feels like the revs flutter when I'm accelerating harder usually from 3rd-4th or 4th-5th once I change into 5th its usually fine.

Tried to do a search on previous posts and threads on here but didn't come up with much at all.

Help is appreciated as to what it could be :D

hmmm sounds like ur car is 1 of a kind

Jeenous
15th December 2009, 09:25 PM
is yours turbo'd because it could be it releasing boost as you change gears.. if the actuator a bit slow it will flutter instead of being a clean release of boost press..

AfterBurner
15th December 2009, 09:47 PM
Well then, it's simple...

Change from 2nd to 5th, problem gone....:D

hilary_1987
15th December 2009, 10:11 PM
is yours turbo'd because it could be it releasing boost as you change gears.. if the actuator a bit slow it will flutter instead of being a clean release of boost press..

Nah no turbo on it..... unfortunately! :rolleyes:

hilary_1987
15th December 2009, 10:17 PM
Well then, it's simple...

Change from 2nd to 5th, problem gone....:D

That'd make for some interesting driving :p

chrissn89
15th December 2009, 10:29 PM
does it sounds something similar to this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI1BKJ78RKI