PDA

View Full Version : Help with bali wii games plz.

Shay
14th December 2009, 01:51 PM
Hi,

bought 10 wii games up in bali cos some aussie bloke told me you can get them to work here without buying a mod chip.

can anybody tell me how?

cheers

ChrisMaz
14th December 2009, 02:12 PM
Gonna have to get chipped....

btm
14th December 2009, 02:30 PM
sorry to say, but chipping is required

ChrisMaz
14th December 2009, 03:03 PM
I think theres still a mod shop down near dan murphys. They were priced pretty good, and you can pick up some cheap piss whilst they do it ;)

btm
14th December 2009, 03:18 PM
I think theres still a mod shop down near dan murphys. They were priced pretty good, and you can pick up some cheap piss whilst they do it ;)
its a win/win! :p

ROCCO
14th December 2009, 03:52 PM
no theres another way...I don't personally have a wii but i've read some where you can do it without chipping....google is your friend the how too is there

Shay
14th December 2009, 03:55 PM
no theres another way...I don't personally have a wii but i've read some where you can do it without chipping....google is your friend the how too is there

yeah, i know its there, but im not enough of a techie to understand/pull it off

AfterBurner
14th December 2009, 04:22 PM
Shay, there's a new USB method out, just need to load some 'special' files onto it then it will boot from the USB, you can store games on a flash drive for eg. & boot them up.. Don't have the exact details personally, but a mate @Work was tellin me exactly that last week..

Or, Send them back & ask for refund...LOL...:D (postage prob more than the cost of the games yeah)

AfterBurner
14th December 2009, 04:23 PM
Forgot to add, depends on model too, think it worx best with older model Wii's or is it Wee's???:rolleyes:

MAD-16V
14th December 2009, 04:53 PM
Google "Wii Homebrew Channel"

boorny88
14th December 2009, 05:04 PM
gf's bro has a nerd for a friend and he did some magic and now he has over 200 old school games stored on his wii its intence hay

Shay
14th December 2009, 05:11 PM
Shay, there's a new USB method out, just need to load some 'special' files onto it then it will boot from the USB, you can store games on a flash drive for eg. & boot them up.. Don't have the exact details personally, but a mate @Work was tellin me exactly that last week..

Or, Send them back & ask for refund...LOL...:D (postage prob more than the cost of the games yeah)

haha, reckon you can get me the full details?

Google "Wii Homebrew Channel"

yeah mate, got homebrew channel, but that alone isnt enough to do it, and i dont have any homebrew app's. and dont know what ones will do it :S

MAD-16V
14th December 2009, 05:26 PM
You should be able to work it out if you have the homebrew channel installed..

Try here if you need some help.

http://www.instructables.com/id/S0Y9BK7FNI3VW2G/

Be aware that using a softmod method can be tricky and will require you to patch and repatch things whenever a wii software update is released.

Shay
14th December 2009, 05:29 PM
you done this yourself mate?