PDA

View Full Version : LED Rear Bulbs. Possible Group Buy.

extralarge
24th September 2004, 11:16 PM
The LED bulbs used on the mazda3 hatch, and more dominantly, the posh european cars (mercs, bmws) are becoming such a common sight.

They light up quickly and provide a direct, bright light. Looks mint.

The technology is becoming widely available, but is still expensive.

I was looking around on ebay and there are nice replacement bulbs for 20+ pounds... expensive.

Is anybody else interested?

what are your opinions'?

opel_calibra
24th September 2004, 11:45 PM
i got some led bulbs from autobarn (12 leds in the holder) for my brake lights... they would look ok in altezza lights but in my cali standard lights they only lit up a small area of the light because the light shines straight out instead of filling the area like standard globes do.. plus on the cali they make the bulb blown warning light stay on all the time... not sure if it would be the same on the astras etc

AnthonyW
25th September 2004, 12:34 AM
i tried some in my corsa and they didn’t work :-(
also tried some amber led's and same deal didn’t work in the front and the rear ones went ballistic :-P

So i had to return them to jaycar still have the red LED's may give them to my brother for his jap car.

just my 2c's worth

RK
26th September 2004, 01:29 AM
search for led brake lights at autospeed.com. there is an good article on it. and it also has links to where you can buy it locally. the leds they used were the brightest red ones you can get.

frankie9fingers
26th September 2004, 08:31 AM
www.jaycar.com.au

lee683
26th September 2004, 02:00 PM
yeah i got some sop/tail led globes from jaycar.

but put them in and the stop light wasnt even brighter than the nornmal park light next to it.

i have seen some led globes on ebay and have emailed him some questians abt them and he says they are even brighter than normal globes.

Jackson
27th September 2004, 02:47 PM
i have the afterburner LED tail lights on my cali and they look awsome, <wouold want to for over $1000>when i got them put on i got some amber led globes for my indicators and they have been working for the past 6-7 months no problem.

i got them from Barden Ridge auto electrics, he gets them from the USA, they are not the same as the ones at Jaycar.

(02) 9543-3737 is there number they guy is a champ, good prices etc as well.

he is trying to get some red and white ones as well ! obviously you would need white to get through whatever lense you have with any intensity ! red ones work if you have clear lights, same with amber if you have clear indicator lenses !