PDA

View Full Version : My stock as SRi

Wiggles
12th December 2009, 01:56 PM
i need to make this thing much better. Dont have much of an idea about car (onlt real basic things).
Can you help.

Was hoping to upgrade
-brakes
-suspension
-full exhaust system
-ecu

+ts sri-t bodykit

DWS 92
12th December 2009, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the site mate :) Most of the things you're looking at doing are pretty easy and relatively inexpensive to get done. I think you're only going to have trouble sourcing the bodykit.

guy 27
12th December 2009, 03:34 PM
welcome to OA.

Wiggles
12th December 2009, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the site mate :) Most of the things you're looking at doing are pretty easy and relatively inexpensive to get done. I think you're only going to have trouble sourcing the bodykit.

for descent quality gear how much would i need to spend???

Jerram
12th December 2009, 05:31 PM
Hey man

Remap - Get all the SA boys to make a trip worthwhile for Auzvectra, and you're looking at $600 for a pretty good improvement in hp, torque and economy. (actually, do you do the z22se auz?)

Exhaust - Custom made is the easy way. Probably at least $1200 for a good stainless setup

Springs/Brakes - Grab a set of Eibach pros for around 200-300 at the Eibach Aus store, or pm Greg (gslrallysport) for a springs and shocks solution.

BodyKit - Wait for a blue moon ie an Astra with a body kit getting wrecked. (check ebay often as well; they appear there a few times a year)

Wiggles
12th December 2009, 06:01 PM
Hey man

(actually, do you do the z22se auz?)

i am unsure how do i check?
im fair certain i do cause i got the 2.2ltr engine.

Wiggles
12th December 2009, 06:05 PM
quick question.
I have a pod filter lieing around, i have seen some people cut holes in there stock air filter box and place the pod in there. Does this work, or should i invest in another filter?

wat are people talking about when they say 'derescrict' the air filter or something like that?
thnx for the info!

guy 27
12th December 2009, 07:22 PM
for descent quality gear how much would i need to spend???

Suspension: $250 for eibach springs, $500 for shocks, $300 for rear sway bar. + labor for installation if you can't do it yourself. = ultimate budget suspension setup without going for coilovers

Exhaust: 2.25 inch cat back should be about $400

Your engine is a z22se. 2.2L ecotec motor.

quick question.
I have a pod filter lieing around, i have seen some people cut holes in there stock air filter box and place the pod in there. Does this work, or should i invest in another filter?

wat are people talking about when they say 'derescrict' the air filter or something like that?
thnx for the info!

A pod won't do anything other than lots of noise. No gain in performance.
I have one on in the colder months of the year.

to derestrict your airbox. open it up and remove the trumpety looking thing in the bottom half of the airbox. leave the one on the top half in.

Wiggles
12th December 2009, 07:40 PM
thnx guy 27 you've been a mojor help, and all u other guys that have given me advice, ur real champs.
thnx

ASTRAY
12th December 2009, 08:33 PM
i think simmy still has her dominator bar for sale, not a sri-t bar, but it looks much better in my opinion.
plus it seems you both have the same colour cars, so you wont need to paint it.
she currently wants $300 for it, a sri-t bar will cost the same, if not more.

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24978

Wiggles
13th December 2009, 09:46 AM
hey decided not to get a bodykit at all.
too much money involved for almost nothing. cheers for the info.

btm
14th December 2009, 10:02 AM
good luck with the mods mate!

adam_92
14th December 2009, 11:14 PM

i think he was asking ausvectra if he does the 2.2 engines ;)

vectraguy01
16th December 2009, 07:51 PM
dame straight auzvectra does the Z22SE's, might be worth a pm to him n see wat he can do... :)

ASTRAY
29th December 2009, 05:44 AM
has your car been in a smash?
im only asking cos your front bumper has no foglights, and as far as i know all 2.2 sri got foglights.....

btm
29th December 2009, 11:23 AM
has your car been in a smash?
im only asking cos your front bumper has no foglights, and as far as i know all 2.2 sri got foglights.....
good pick up, i didnt notice that... but i was under that impression that they all had foggies too

ASTRAY
29th December 2009, 10:04 PM
good pick up, i didnt notice that... but i was under that impression that they all had foggies too
not being rude, but im guessing its a 1.8 with sri badges and 2.2, but i cant really even see any of the badges clear enough to see if the even say sri or 2.2.
prob badged by previous owner.

btm
30th December 2009, 09:29 AM
nah, everything else about it is SRi... i'm pretty sure it is, just with foggies removed

Wiggles
3rd January 2010, 10:24 PM
as far as im aware it hasnt been in an accident. but i have also noticed other SRI's with foggies, but im sure it hasnt been smashed.?

guy 27
3rd January 2010, 10:28 PM
as far as im aware it hasnt been in an accident. but i have also noticed other SRI's with foggies, but im sure it hasnt been smashed.?

Its not an SRi front bar. They all came with bottom splitter and foglights as standard. Do you have a standard button for front fogs?

Wiggles
3rd January 2010, 10:29 PM
yea im pretty sure. i got 2 fog light buttons but 1 does nothing so it must have been taken off!

ASTRAY
15th January 2010, 06:16 PM
Its not an SRi front bar. They all came with bottom splitter and foglights as standard. Do you have a standard button for front fogs?

my 1.8 classic has the "button" too, i think the "button" comes on all of them, its just that the "button" on non foggy cars is just a cover, not an actual push button.

Neeko
15th January 2010, 08:23 PM
quick question.

thnx for the info!
You bet it does! improved throttle response and faster acceleration. Mine does have a cold air intake though.

Suspension: $250 for eibach springs, $500 for shocks, $300 for rear sway bar. + labor for installation if you can't do it yourself. = ultimate budget suspension setup without going for coilovers

Exhaust: 2.25 inch cat back should be about $400

A pod won't do anything other than lots of noise. No gain in performance.
I have one on in the colder months of the year.

to derestrict your airbox. open it up and remove the trumpety looking thing in the bottom half of the airbox. leave the one on the top half in.

Unfortunately i have to disagree there guy, i felt very noticable difference. Mind you I dont have much power to start with so any gain is easily felt. The bigger the engine the less you'll feel.

i think simmy still has her dominator bar for sale, not a sri-t bar, but it looks much better in my opinion.
plus it seems you both have the same colour cars, so you wont need to paint it.
she currently wants $300 for it, a sri-t bar will cost the same, if not more.

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24978

Thats sold, gerard (sisters bf) now has it. Looks a million times better then stock bar

oh and +1 for Rear Sway Bar
Drastically remove the astras understeer, PM greg from gslrallysport for prices

ope11
16th January 2010, 12:21 PM
only difference with pod filter's ,is u might gain a little more revs as it helps with breathing,,but sorry i was told the same thing that it is mainly noise u get ,so i have to agree with Guy 27,,just remember neeko u got stuff done to ur's,this one stock as :)
Peter did my set up ,anyone that knows who i'm talking about would remember he was the first to modify his astra turbo , anyway we did mine because i wanted to hear the turbo spool up and of coarse wanted to hear the woosh noise.plus mine was stock at the time ......by the way hello wiggles,welcome to site:)