PDA

View Full Version : Shock Absorbers...

Danboy_LMF
9th December 2009, 11:26 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm just after a bit of information if you can all help, when you need to buy replacement shocks what ones would you normally go for, and also what kind of money are they costing you?

Would you buy them in Australia or would they need to be importing in?

Sorry for the questions just trying to see if we can offer you guys a better deal.

All feedback hugely appreciated :)

Dan

poita
9th December 2009, 11:30 PM
i put koni yellow adjustables into my calibra, cost me about $1200 aus for all 4
then a set of eibach springs for about the $600 mark

Greg (GSLRallySport) looks after the forum guys pretty well on most things.
It would be more of the rarer stuff that we can't get here in Aus that we would probly start looking overseas for

Danboy_LMF
9th December 2009, 11:32 PM
i put koni yellow adjustables into my calibra, cost me about $1200 aus for all 4
then a set of eibach springs for about the $600 mark

Greg (GSLRallySport) looks after the forum guys pretty well on most things.
It would be more of the rarer stuff that we can't get here in Aus that we would probly start looking overseas for

Thats cool :) We just know of someone in the UK who sells a lot of Bilstein stuff in Australia, so was curious to know if anyone had any dealings etc.

mania
10th December 2009, 12:17 AM
Any chance you can price the IDS+ shocks from an Astra VXR? Only price I was able to find on them was... well, astronomical.

Danboy_LMF
10th December 2009, 01:10 AM
Any chance you can price the IDS+ shocks from an Astra VXR? Only price I was able to find on them was... well, astronomical.

Ah the IDS shocks :yikes: springs to mind lol, I'll see how much they are over here, I'm guessing the dealers there are rather shocking on these.

adam_92
10th December 2009, 01:31 AM
would you be able to get me a price on some cheap but decent springs for the corsa c as evryone on ebay wants at least £100 postage alone. thanks

btm
10th December 2009, 09:44 AM
I'm guessing the dealers there are rather shocking on these.
boom tish!! :D

ChrisMaz
12th January 2010, 05:02 AM
I went for the koni Adjustables same as Poita. Further improved the boats handling. Also have the eibachs. Although I have a feeling they are basically the same as the PI springs that you UK boys swear by.

kabel
12th January 2010, 09:20 PM
You can have mine when I decide to upgrade to coilovers...........and the Eibach`s too !

Nurb608
12th January 2010, 09:29 PM
Price on some good shocks to Aus Dan?

kabel
12th January 2010, 11:03 PM
Price on some good shocks to Aus Dan?
Another group buy Nurb608 ?................................................. ..................

Nurb608
13th January 2010, 08:23 AM
Another group buy Nurb608 ?................................................. ..................

lol, not for a while for me unfortunately :( Just need to start getting prices. Really like the FSD's, just too bloody expensive at the moment.