PDA

View Full Version : K & N Filters YAY OR NAY??

ROCCO
6th December 2009, 09:41 PM
Well i'm wanting to know if I should put a K & N panel filter into the H?? will it fark my MAF sensor or will it be ok assuming I don't over oil it when its due to be recharged??

(mods if this is in the wrong section please move I posted here as I wanted to hear everyones opion not just astra owners)

kabel
6th December 2009, 09:43 PM
I have 2 "h"`s fitted with K & N filters....no dramas so far.

ROCCO
7th December 2009, 11:27 AM
Do K & N filters come pre oiled or do you need to oil prior to fitting?

oneightoo
7th December 2009, 12:01 PM
they come pre-oiled..

mania
7th December 2009, 12:02 PM
Apparently they nearly all (http://www.knfilters.com/faq.htm#10) come preoiled. Yknow, I never knew that..

Ice
8th December 2009, 08:10 AM
can you get filters which arent oiled ?

CNBLU
8th December 2009, 10:29 AM
yes fritz, theres paper filters out there too. Oiled filters last.. well a very long time whereas paper filter needs to be replaced when dirty.

I have a paper filter (3A Racing) and it actually outflows anything else on the market.

mania
8th December 2009, 12:15 PM
I always try to bite my tongue against speaking out against conventional thinking - but time and time again it's been proven that the filter isn't really a restriction at all. Removing it gives sfa gains even on a hub dyno - so the difference between a $5 paper one and a $100 exotic popesweat oiled cotton one can only possibly be even less. Makes sense when you consider the surface area of the filter... real gains can only be had from changing the piping or airbox itself (so I'm not talking about pods here - just aftermarket panel filters).

Oops. :o