PDA

View Full Version : Thinking aloud: upgrading to VXR(?)

BEK-46P
5th December 2009, 11:34 AM
So I've been getting a little car clucky at the moment. Not that I don't love my 2.2 (I do) but after something with a bit more grunt, performance, better looks, etc.

I was originally interested in the BMW 1 Series but got turned off at their cost. Then I started to get suckered into the massive "hype" of the new Golf GTIs (or R20s). While I think they're great cars, they are extremely metrosexual and honestly are very bland looks-wise (I think the AH SRi give it a run for its money looks-wise).

Which now I think I'm going full circle and thinking about trading up to a arden blue VXR. Been checking out carsales.com and there's some fairly attractive prices going on. At this point, I'm just wishing but I am interested to know the difference in running costs, insurance, etc. I've only done about 19K on my '07 SRi and still about 18 months warranty left.

Is it worth upgrading at this point? Thoughts?

rjastra
5th December 2009, 03:53 PM
So I've been getting a little car clucky at the moment. Not that I don't love my 2.2 (I do) but after something with a bit more grunt, performance, better looks, etc.

I was originally interested in the BMW 1 Series but got turned off at their cost. Then I started to get suckered into the massive "hype" of the new Golf GTIs (or R20s). While I think they're great cars, they are extremely metrosexual and honestly are very bland looks-wise (I think the AH SRi give it a run for its money looks-wise).

Have you actually test driven a Golf GTI (VI)? Sit in one, the interior quality is a large step above anything else in the class. And the way everything gels when you drive suggests that alot of effort has been put into the whole car's design. Yes, it does look moderately non-descript.

USC
5th December 2009, 06:21 PM
I have sat in a Golf Gti V and it did not turn me on. Interior feels like it was made with quality material but looks kinda boring. And the non leather seats look like tea towels.

Dont upgrade to a VXR... You ll have pretty much the same care except for the two doors and the turbo engine. Have you thought about the Ford Focus XR5? and the Subaru WRX hatch?

tomtom
5th December 2009, 08:39 PM
I have sat in a Golf Gti V and it did not turn me on. Interior feels like it was made with quality material but looks kinda boring. And the non leather seats look like tea towels.

Dont upgrade to a VXR... You ll have pretty much the same care except for the two doors and the turbo engine. Have you thought about the Ford Focus XR5? and the Subaru WRX hatch?

I drove the mk5 GTI - steering feels absolutely bland and uncommunicative. Clutch (dont know if it was just my mate's one) was stickier than a...

Boost is nice tho.

mania
5th December 2009, 09:58 PM
But if he likes his current car and feels only that it needs more power... then isn't a VXR the perfect upgrade? ;)

guy 27
5th December 2009, 11:03 PM
supercharger an option?

CNBLU
5th December 2009, 11:56 PM

That is so far from the truth its not funny.

Its a completly different car to drive, so much more fun. Sorry but a 2.2 and 2.0 Turbo dont even compare...

USC
6th December 2009, 12:12 AM
That is so far from the truth its not funny.

Its a completly different car to drive, so much more fun. Sorry but a 2.2 and 2.0 Turbo dont even compare...

yeah..completely uncontrollable around corners and in the wet. anyways, lets not go there. If I upgrade and spent a fair bit of money, I would want something that also looks different.

If he is after more power, then VXR would be the perfect choice;)

Trust me...for an average person, the AH VXR, SRIT, and SRI all looks the same.

CNBLU
6th December 2009, 12:22 AM
yeah..completely uncontrollable around corners and in the wet. anyways, lets not go there. If I upgrade and spent a fair bit of money, I would want something that also looks different.

i know where your coming from having had an SRiT but he has a 2.2lt

speking from experience when i upgraded from a 2.2 to my current car, well let just say its not even close with the performance side of things.

judging by his curent car i dont think BEK will keep his next car stock so a little suspension upgrade will get rid of those 'uncontrolable corners' and make the car a pleasure to drive in the wet or dry.

plus the VXR had so much more potential than a 2.2lt.... Just ask Rory:p

kabel
6th December 2009, 01:15 AM
After living with a VXR for three years coming from a 2.2 ,insurance costs are obviously higher.

Fuel costs are neither here nor there if you drive sensibly

Tyres cost considerably more.

Serving is still about the same,only now I have intermediate services to supplement the book service.

If you do purchase,add a set of decent springs and a RARB before anything else.

Cheers

BEK-46P
6th December 2009, 05:43 AM

Ford and Subaru :spew:

BEK-46P
6th December 2009, 05:54 AM

I get what you mean about upgrading to something that looks different, but IMO, I think you're hard-pressed coming across a sexier looking $25K-$35K vehicle than an arden blue VXR. Probably my other option would be a S2000 but since it's a Honda, I might skip on that one.

What are the differences between the 07, 08 and 09 VXRs (if any)?

KingOfAstras
6th December 2009, 09:15 AM
06.5/07 came out with the dark carbon trims and silver console.
08's came out with all silver consoles and trims.
09's came out with piano black :-)

Other than that i'm not sure what other differences there would be :-)

kabel
6th December 2009, 05:15 PM
As above,only differances are interior trim treatment between model years.
Of course there is the Nurburgring Edition if you can find one !

chrissn89
6th December 2009, 05:34 PM
Didnt the VXR rims change to a slightly darker silver in one of the MY0x years

mania
6th December 2009, 07:32 PM
Yep, no idea which one but at some point they became two tone. Also only the later models stacker's will play mp3s.

kabel
6th December 2009, 08:09 PM
Didnt the VXR rims change to a slightly darker silver in one of the MY0x years
Correct you are !
Forgot that one..................

OPC
6th December 2009, 09:08 PM
after something with a bit more grunt, performance, better looks, etc.

Dont upgrade to a VXR... You ll have pretty much the same car except for the two doors and the turbo engine.

You didnt read what BEK was after did you...

more grunt compared to a 2.2? omg yes

performance compared to a 2.2? oh yeah baby

better looks than a 2.2? holy crap yes

i think you just have something against VXR`s

CNBLU
6th December 2009, 09:16 PM
or maybe just AH's in general

USC
7th December 2009, 12:57 AM
You guys are are HILARIOUS - like school kids. I have nothing against the AH. If you have spare cash lying around, please go for it.

As I said before, to the average eye, The VXR looks no different to a normal Astra AH - except for alloys.

If you desparately need more grunt, mediocre handling and a chassis that feels as tough as concrete, VXR is the perfect choice.

mania
7th December 2009, 01:22 AM
Anyone with the slightest interest in cars will at least notice the HSV badge. And even those without'd notice the Arden paint job. So I'm not quite sure what you're getting at there :p.

I'm also curious, if the vxr has mediocre fwd hot hatch handling, may I ask what reaches "exceptional" in your books USC? ;)

rjastra
7th December 2009, 07:40 AM
I'm also curious, if the vxr has mediocre fwd hot hatch handling, may I ask what reaches "exceptional" in your books USC? ;)

yes, he is weird. He calls the Golf interior ( the old model of course) bland yet suggests the WRX and XR5... the two crappiest interiors around. :)

Wraith
7th December 2009, 12:55 PM

Which now I think I'm going full circle and thinking about trading up to a arden blue VXR. Been checking out carsales.com and there's some fairly attractive prices going on. At this point, I'm just wishing but I am interested to know the difference in running costs, insurance, etc. I've only done about 19K on my '07 SRi and still about 18 months warranty left.

1st things 1st when you come to being in a situation like the above - most important step is to set your budget 1st off and go from there :)

If the 1 series is too pricey then forget about the upcoming Golf R20 as I doubt it'll start from anywhere below 60-65k unless you wait longer term and try picking one up S/H...

Normal MK6 Gti will require at least 50k+ to get a half decent equipped example new, so you may have to wait longer term for one of those too, ie. if you wanted one despite what you've said above that you don't really like them anyway...

I'd say from reading your thoughts above, a S/H VXR is a good way to go, they've dropped in price considerably from new (when still available) and that's driven the S/H price down also...

They are a niche car, so people trying to offload them have to hope to find an interested buyer in the type, this could give you more negotiating power to score one for a top price...

As for owning costs, obviously expect to pay more on insurance and fuel costs compared to your current 2.2 Astra...

Depending on your driving style, fuel consumption will be at least 15-20% up and as much as 50% up if you fang it all the time and/or get bitten by the power tuning bug compared to your N/A Astra...

For insurance costs, enquire with the insurance company themselves and you'll know exactly how much more you'll be up for with that one...

All the best with it and if it's what you really want and the all associated costs are ok by you - go for it :)

Edit:

Just found this :http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7888172&__sid=11EB54981319&__Qpb=true&Cr=6&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_D ecimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Mod el_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965530% 204294897099&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=19&silo=1011

I know your in Sydney, but you could 'probably' score this Nurb for around 30k if this sellers keen to move it...

Ice
7th December 2009, 01:27 PM
that Nurb Wraith is talking about.....ive seen it in Montmorency and been right up close to it and its still mint. Take it :) they are hot !

CNBLU
7th December 2009, 03:36 PM
You guys are are HILARIOUS - like school kids. I have nothing against the AH. If you have spare cash lying around, please go for it.

As I said before, to the average eye, The VXR looks no different to a normal Astra AH - except for alloys.

If you desparately need more grunt, mediocre handling and a chassis that feels as tough as concrete, VXR is the perfect choice.

Mate its a public forum, if you cant back up your statements then dont say anything. Think before you hit SUBMIT REPLY

Red AH SRI T
7th December 2009, 06:01 PM

Mate its a public forum, if you cant back up your statements then dont say anything. Think before you hit SUBMIT REPLY

I agree with you totally CNBLU.

USC, what are you even doing here anymore? You had an SRI T, did nothing but bitch about it when you did have it and now you don't have it and yet your still here bitching...........

Red AH SRI T
7th December 2009, 06:02 PM
Yep, no idea which one but at some point they became two tone. Also only the later models stacker's will play mp3s.

Your right about the wheels, but they never had MP3 compatible CD players as they use the Opera 40 Sound System

mania
7th December 2009, 06:55 PM
But all Opera 40s made after 2007 or so support MP3 ;) - the one in my car is proof of that. Good player too, lets you browse folders, remembers name of each cd in the stacker, etc.

I have no idea which MY that came in on though..

USC
7th December 2009, 07:48 PM
I agree with you totally CNBLU.

USC, what are you even doing here anymore? You had an SRI T, did nothing but bitch about it when you did have it and now you don't have it and yet your still here bitching...........

haha true mate - im saving people`s lifes ...DO NOT BUY SRITs or VXRs - they are rubbish trolley cars.

USC
7th December 2009, 07:51 PM
yes, he is weird. He calls the Golf interior ( the old model of course) bland yet suggests the WRX and XR5... the two crappiest interiors around. :)

I suggested WRX and Focus to be different...

I love hearing you guys bitch..please give me some more bitching...im waiting for it. I m refreshing every 5 secs.

gmonkey
7th December 2009, 07:55 PM
ive test driven a VXR and i can say it was far from a shopping trolley. Ive also test driven a GTi and also can say i would take a VXR over it in a heartbeat no second thoughts.. the GTi was well crap in everyway to me.. it didnt look sporty, didnt feel sporty, didnt feel comfy, handling was on par with VXR, power was on par with VXR... and ive also driven in previous series WRX and this series' RX and again felt cheap looked cheap and wasnt any quicker..

id take a Renault Megane 225 Sport in the end anyway but!

USC
7th December 2009, 07:59 PM
ive test driven a VXR and i can say it was far from a shopping trolley. Ive also test driven a GTi and also can say i would take a VXR over it in a heartbeat no second thoughts.. the GTi was well crap in everyway to me.. it didnt look sporty, didnt feel sporty, didnt feel comfy, handling was on par with VXR, power was on par with VXR... and ive also driven in previous series WRX and this series' RX and again felt cheap looked cheap and wasnt any quicker..

id take a Renault Megane 225 Sport in the end anyway but!

Gti vs VXR - I would get the GTi anyday. But the Megane does look sexy :)

mania
7th December 2009, 08:06 PM
Don't feed the troll guys ;)

BEK-46P
7th December 2009, 08:07 PM
1st things 1st when you come to being in a situation like the above - most important step is to set your budget 1st off and go from there :)

If the 1 series is too pricey then forget about the upcoming Golf R20 as I doubt it'll start from anywhere below 60-65k unless you wait longer term and try picking one up S/H...

Normal MK6 Gti will require at least 50k+ to get a half decent equipped example new, so you may have to wait longer term for one of those too, ie. if you wanted one despite what you've said above that you don't really like them anyway...

I'd say from reading your thoughts above, a S/H VXR is a good way to go, they've dropped in price considerably from new (when still available) and that's driven the S/H price down also...

They are a niche car, so people trying to offload them have to hope to find an interested buyer in the type, this could give you more negotiating power to score one for a top price...

As for owning costs, obviously expect to pay more on insurance and fuel costs compared to your current 2.2 Astra...

Depending on your driving style, fuel consumption will be at least 15-20% up and as much as 50% up if you fang it all the time and/or get bitten by the power tuning bug compared to your N/A Astra...

For insurance costs, enquire with the insurance company themselves and you'll know exactly how much more you'll be up for with that one...

All the best with it and if it's what you really want and the all associated costs are ok by you - go for it :)

Edit:

Just found this :http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7888172&__sid=11EB54981319&__Qpb=true&Cr=6&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_D ecimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Mod el_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965530% 204294897099&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=19&silo=1011

I know your in Sydney, but you could 'probably' score this Nurb for around 30k if this sellers keen to move it...

That's good info, thanks mate :)

Not a fan of the Nurbs - specially the wheels (sorry tom!). Arden Blue VXR for me!

dug74
7th December 2009, 08:13 PM
Gen 1 Mazda 3MPS maybe......

They are going for around $25K

Happy Motoring
duglet

gmonkey
7th December 2009, 08:14 PM
not a fan of the nurbs?? WHAT!!! nurb > arden blue IMO

and the wheels are best part!

Red AH SRI T
7th December 2009, 09:53 PM
But all Opera 40s made after 2007 or so support MP3 ;) - the one in my car is proof of that. Good player too, lets you browse folders, remembers name of each cd in the stacker, etc.

I have no idea which MY that came in on though..

oh, i never knew that. Maybe I need to see how much for a later model Opera 40 with the MP3 compatability

poita
7th December 2009, 10:08 PM

listen to him ppl

CNBLU
7th December 2009, 11:11 PM

listen to him ppl

lol:out:

TURBOGRINS
7th December 2009, 11:27 PM

Ignore this comment until you have driven one for yourself,

reasons to buy VXR in Arden Blue
1. turbogrins:D:D:D x too many
2. that colour is the sexiest available on a car with wheels anywhere in the known universe.
3. turbogrins:D
4. the sound of that turbo is IMMENSE and makes you think the whole world will implode and get sucked into the block the first time you open up the throttle, (but don't worry, it didn't happen to me when i took one out with the dealer)
5. turbogrins:D
6. because you have already planted the seed, and we are all just nurturing the growth of the idea.
7. turbogrins:D x lots more
8. if you can get your mitts on a clean one, and afford the insurance, then why the cluck would you not?

then ask youself this question,
Do i really really want it?
Problem solved...

answer is..... up to your sound judgement

mania
7th December 2009, 11:46 PM
lol:out:

Haha, I think poita meant listen to me. ;)

gmonkey
8th December 2009, 01:48 AM
2. that colour is the sexiest available on a car with wheels anywhere in the known universe.

i choose to disagree.. i think the focus st has the best 2 colours for hot hatches atm :p if my astra ever gets scratched up or paint removed im respraying it one of these colours :p just to be unique ahah
http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/07/2009-Ford-Forcus-RS.jpg

http://fordnewsblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/ford-focus-rs-blue.jpg

Nurb608
8th December 2009, 08:37 AM
i choose to disagree.. i think the focus st has the best 2 colours for hot hatches atm :p if my astra ever gets scratched up or paint removed im respraying it one of these colours :p just to be unique ahah
http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/07/2009-Ford-Forcus-RS.jpg

http://fordnewsblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/ford-focus-rs-blue.jpg

I like the green, but that blue doesn't even compare to the Arden Blue on the Opels.

cashie
8th December 2009, 09:41 AM
I like the green, but that blue doesn't even compare to the Arden Blue on the Opels.

Agree, the blue looks a bit "garden variety" compared to Arden Blue...

On another note, will Ford ever bring the RS over... :confused:

CNBLU
8th December 2009, 10:24 AM
ARDEN BLUE FTMFW!!!!!!!!:cornut:

tomtom
8th December 2009, 03:02 PM
Not a fan of the Nurbs - specially the wheels (sorry tom!).

youre dead to me.

:p

sadavidsriturbo
8th December 2009, 03:14 PM
Buy my car :rolleyes:

dug74
8th December 2009, 07:45 PM
Agree, the blue looks a bit "garden variety" compared to Arden Blue...

On another note, will Ford ever bring the RS over... :confused:

The answer is simply

NO

The Focus RS will never be sold in australia....they dont want it as a FPV.

I think they learnt from when HSV tried to make a 4cyl variety....it didnt work.

And it would be too expensive....around $60K ...ppl would just buy a FPV instead.

Happy Motoring
duglet

adam_92
8th December 2009, 07:53 PM
The answer is simply

NO

The Focus RS will never be sold in australia....they dont want it as a FPV.

I think they learnt from when HSV tried to make a 4cyl variety....it didnt work.

And it would be too expensive....around $60K ...ppl would just buy a FPV instead.

Happy Motoring
duglet

out of a golf r32 a focus rs and a audi s3 i know which 1 i would rarther have for that sort of money and it wouldnt be the audi or golf

dug74
8th December 2009, 08:08 PM
Well the R32 is no longer available....as R20 is the R32 replacement.

I dont think many ppl will pay $60K+ for a 2.0L Golf VI GTI with AWD and a few other gimmicks.

Audi A3..over priced and basically the same as a new R20 just with 4 rings on the front.

Focus RS....certainly a great car but like other makes..its just a Focus ST with a little more power for $20K more.

Australians just wont pay $60K+ for a small performance fwd hatch...so the market is small and not really worth sending over these cars.

Personally....my next car is a Renaultsports Megane R250

Around $50K and will beat any fwd performance car on handling.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_679/car_photo_339565_25.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_679/car_photo_339556_25.jpg

Happy Motoring
duglet

adam_92
8th December 2009, 08:13 PM
shit thats nice. iv never really looked at renaults tbh and is that how the car is or is that the concept ?

Red AH SRI T
8th December 2009, 08:25 PM
I agree with Dug. I'm thinking about the new RS Megane too ;-)

and dobba, thats the production car, not the concept. WOOT!!

cashie
8th December 2009, 08:36 PM
How hot does that RS Megane look!!!!!!!

dug74
8th December 2009, 08:57 PM
Stand well back – it’s the latest firecracker from France! The new Renaultsport Mégane R250 is the firm’s blazing response to the growing band of hot hatches hitting the market – and it’s certainly packing enough heat to frighten its rivals.

The company systematically improved the previous generation over the course of its five-year existence – culminating in the extreme, stripped-out R26.R version, which replaced the back seats with a roll cage and the glass rear screen with a sheet of plastic. Practical it wasn’t, but the swansong of the range was one of the best drivers’ cars money could buy.

This newcomer is nowhere near as radical as that, yet the look is still very striking. It takes the Mégane Coupé as a base, and the rakish shell is transformed with performance cues such as flared wheelarches, side skirts, an F1-style front ‘blade’ and a huge central tailpipe that sits inside an aerodynamic air diffuser. The styling is completed by 18-inch alloys as standard, or buyers can specify the polished 19-inch rims finished in black and silver, as shown here.

Inside, it’s not so dramatic, although there’s a distinctly yellow theme: the rev counter, seatbelts, steering wheel and gearlever stitching, plus some of the trim on the leather seats, are all a shade of lemon. But otherwise, it’s standard Mégane Coupé fare, and can’t match the exterior’s visual impact.

However, under the bonnet, it’s definitely not short on punch. The 2.0-litre turbocharged engine is a heavily revised version of the unit found in the previous car, boosted to give a mighty 247bhp and 340Nm of pulling power. It’s not the most tuneful four-cylinder in the world – despite whooshing loudly at high revs – but makes up for this with potent acceleration.

Power delivery is strong from as low as 1,500rpm, and never lets up until the needle hits the red line. The Renault sprints from 0-62mph in only 6.1 seconds, and even though all that grunt is transmitted through the front wheels, there’s no grappling with torque steer to keep the car in a straight line – it piles on the speed with remarkable composure.

The traction control has three modes, with the middle Sport setting (between on and off) dialling down the interference of the electronic safety systems without turning them off fully. Sport and off modes also sharpen throttle response and increase engine noise in the cabin, for a more intense hot hatch experience.

This standard version of the Renaultsport Mégane has clearly been built with day-to-day usability in mind, though, so the suspension is set up to be comfortable and supple on rough roads. At the same time, it enjoys corners. The ride is beautifully balanced, body roll is kept to a minimum, the steering is weighty and precise, and there’s plenty of grip available. In other words, the compromise between comfort and agility is superbly judged.

Yet buyers who want something a little bit rawer needn’t worry. A more track-focused Cup version hits showrooms at the same time as this standard car. The Cup brings stiffened suspension, a limited slip differential for less wheel spin and dispenses with some of the regular Renaultsport’s luxury kit. It also swaps the standard front seats for a pair of deep Recaro buckets – plus it weighs in at £1,000 less.

However, if you want the best of both worlds, the Cup suspension, limited-slip diff and more supportive seats can be specified on the standard Mégane 250 for an extra £2,000.

http://www.duglet.com/dugfiles/R250_01.jpg

http://www.duglet.com/dugfiles/R250_02.jpg

http://www.duglet.com/dugfiles/R250_03.jpg

http://www.duglet.com/dugfiles/R250_04.jpg

http://www.duglet.com/dugfiles/R250_05.jpg

Now..if you dont like the std version...here is the Cup version.

Climbing to the top of the hot hatch league is tough – but Renault has already got the Cup wrapped up! The Renaultsport R250 Cup is an even more driver-focused version of the all-new performance Mégane, aimed at track day enthusiasts who favour thrills over comfort.

It ditches the leather sports seats in favour of a set of thin, tightly hugging Recaros. Plus, the Cup loses the standard car’s dual-zone climate control and automatic headlights – although this shaves £1,000 off the price in the process.

But the newcomer isn’t just a stripped-out version of the regular Renaultsport Mégane, because the engineers have sharpened it up, too. The suspension is 15 per cent stiffer, while thicker anti-roll bars and a limited-slip diff have been fitted. And the result is improved handling feel, reduced body roll and much faster cornering.

One feature that hasn’t been axed is the Renaultsport Dynamic Management button. Hit this, and the stability control doesn’t intervene so keenly, while throttle response is sharper, too.

The Cup sprints from 0-62mph in 6.1 seconds – the same as the standard car – but the changes to the chassis make for a far more engaging, raw driving experience, even at low speeds.

Just like the excellent Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup, the Mégane has immense grip, and corners quickly with precision. The step up in driver involvement between this and the regular car is huge.

To scrub off speed safely during intense track sessions, the brake discs are grooved. Plus, the calipers are painted red – and unless you climb into the driver’s seat, that’s the only way to tell the Cup apart!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_683/car_photo_341677_25.jpg

http://www.duglet.com/dugfiles/cup_01.jpg

http://www.duglet.com/dugfiles/cup_02.jpg

Happy Motoring
duglet

adam_92
8th December 2009, 09:19 PM
all i can say is WOW!! that is pure porn.

adam_92
8th December 2009, 09:22 PM
oh and whats the price difference between the standard and cup versions?

dug74
8th December 2009, 09:28 PM
oh and whats the price difference between the standard and cup versions?

Cup version is 1000 pounds less....minus some luxuries.

But you can get std model with all the cup extras...and keep your luxuries for 2000 pounds more.

Happy Motoring
duglet

adam_92
8th December 2009, 09:46 PM
Cup version is 1000 pounds less....minus some luxuries.

But you can get std model with all the cup extras...and keep your luxuries for 2000 pounds more.

Happy Motoring
duglet

damn u certainly know your stuff haha just read the info and realised that the cup version is more aimed towards a track car than evryday use but still very nice and what are parts like for these with it being a renault? are they expensive?

BEK-46P
8th December 2009, 10:09 PM
I'm sorry. I must be the only one that thinks that Megane is ugly as a mofo.

dug74
8th December 2009, 10:10 PM
damn u certainly know your stuff haha just read the info and realised that the cup version is more aimed towards a track car than evryday use but still very nice and what are parts like for these with it being a renault? are they expensive?

Just do my homework when looking to buy a new car :D

I was looking at R20 and the R250 Megane.....but R20 looks too bland.

Happy Motoring
duglet

rjastra
8th December 2009, 10:16 PM
Unfortunately any money you save on the price of the Megane 250 will evaporate in severe depreciate. A sad fact of renault ownership in Australia.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Renault-Megane-2.0T-Renaultsport-250/244208/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbDte_KSB7s

OPC
9th December 2009, 12:15 AM
I'm sorry. I must be the only one that thinks that Megane is ugly as a mofo.

nah make that 2

check out the dash,
its like they got a surfboard and whacked a few gadgets on it and called it styling

mania
11th December 2009, 02:33 PM
It looked good until I saw the video of it... maybe be ok if you put a bit more white on the front, should be an easy fix.