PDA

View Full Version : Introducing TURBOGRINS Perth Northern 'burbs

TURBOGRINS
3rd December 2009, 12:42 PM
G'day All,

Just a note to say Hello!
noob in here:yikes:,
Based in Perth's Northern Suburbs

Definition of TURBOGRINS = An Involuntary facial expressions generated by a turbine assited acceleration

Just upgraded from a 1996 2.0 Astra GSi to an MY06.5 2.0l SRi TURBO,
(currently 3 astra's in the stable)

Loving the Astra always a sweet little thing, aspiring to a RWD V8 Astra Tourer, ahhh what it is to have dreams.
Would settle for a VXR in between...

until next time!

Nurb608
3rd December 2009, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the site ;)

btm
3rd December 2009, 01:44 PM
g'day bud and welcome to the site :)

CNBLU
3rd December 2009, 02:00 PM
LOL @ definition. Welcome buddy:)

ChrisMaz
3rd December 2009, 02:20 PM
Welcome mate.

Good to see another Turbo in perth.

Check out the cruise thread for a track day we're setting up for next year. Think there might be a spot left.

mania
3rd December 2009, 02:31 PM
G'day mate. What colour is it? ;)

guy 27
3rd December 2009, 02:45 PM
welcome

gmonkey
3rd December 2009, 02:45 PM
g'day mate..

you dont live in Quinns by anychance do u?? :p there is a carport across from my misses place with a GSi, SRi-T and a CDX :p

kabel
3rd December 2009, 09:11 PM
Welcome !

hilary_1987
4th December 2009, 12:25 AM
Welcome :D

ChrisMaz
4th December 2009, 03:26 AM
You don't by any chance live around the duncraig area?

btm
4th December 2009, 07:44 AM
you dont live in Quinns by anychance do u?? :p there is a carport across from my misses place with a GSi, SRi-T and a CDX :p
imagine if this was correct... small world! :D

SKM_87
4th December 2009, 10:45 AM
that would be perth for ya, welcome mate

TURBOGRINS
6th December 2009, 10:23 PM
g'day mate..

you dont live in Quinns by anychance do u?? :p:p

Well as it happens by chance, yes I do and, yes that is in fact me!
Also by chance the GSi has to go :( as there no more space for GSi :mad: if anyone wants to get their hands on a classic?

Cheers for the welcome!

kabel
6th December 2009, 11:34 PM
Arden Blue VXR in Joondalup if you spot me wave out !
P.S
On occasion I may be in a Red VXR(my girlfriends)...wave out also !:D

TURBOGRINS
7th December 2009, 02:13 AM
Arden Blue VXR in Joondalup if you spot me wave out !
P.S
On occasion I may be in a Red VXR(my girlfriends)...wave out also !:D
Yip Yip,
Black SRI TURBO - Same goes..
ps don't be surprised if a guy on a motorbike with a blue visor waves out too - that may be me also.

gmonkey
7th December 2009, 02:16 AM
Well as it happens by chance, yes I do and, yes that is in fact me!
Also by chance the GSi has to go :( as there no more space for GSi :mad: if anyone wants to get their hands on a classic?

Cheers for the welcome!
Bahahah im guessing the site of 2 opelized astras in one driveway and my massive opelaus.com sticker gave the site away to ya :p

dont get rid of the GSi every time i drive down the street i look at it, i love that car ahah get rid of the CDX ya know you want to!

Shay
7th December 2009, 03:04 AM
welcome mate, hope to see ya round.
another ****ing monochromatic perth opelaus member, haha :lol:

gmonkey
7th December 2009, 03:13 AM
wat can we say... black is the best :p even if myn is trying to be michael jackson and go white slowly

TURBOGRINS
7th December 2009, 04:20 AM
Bahahah im guessing the site of 2 opelized astras in one driveway and my massive opelaus.com sticker gave the site away to ya :p

dont get rid of the GSi every time i drive down the street i look at it, i love that car ahah get rid of the CDX ya know you want to!

Well yes I must admit that the sight of your DRL's the other night was a little different, that and I had picked a change in the exhaust note of the one I will now affectionately rename "the burger ringer". if you are going to go all out with the mods i would encourage you to not hold back and go with a full DTM kit...

;);) have to let you into a little secret, there's no CDX in the stable just 2 of the little turbine assisted variety.;);)

My GSi is still around at the moment but it's gotta go, no more space for it,

Mate I love the GSi it's kinda like a first crush, you never want to leave it, but really you know you don't have a choice!
:mad:

gmonkey
7th December 2009, 09:54 AM
lol @ the burger ringer

and ohhh two turbos!!:D coulda sworn i keep seeing a dark blue 5dr :p aint seen other turbo wat colour is that one? If its black that might be why ive never seen it :p well now that makes sence why the GSi would get the boot out of the 3 to choose from

gmonkey
7th December 2009, 09:58 AM
oh yeh trackday 8th of jan 2010 come along if you want mate. We are hiring out AHGs track near the airport for a few hours

TURBOGRINS
7th December 2009, 11:11 PM
oh yeh trackday 8th of jan 2010 come along if you want mate. We are hiring out AHGs track near the airport for a few hours

what are we looknig at dollars wise for the day then?
never done a track day so could be fun:yikes: fun:yikes: fun:yikes: in the sun sun sun.

would be nice to see what the turbo can do legally...

mania
7th December 2009, 11:51 PM
Around $60 ;)

gmonkey
8th December 2009, 12:12 AM
And around 240km/h if memory serves me correctly is wat limit is

chrissn89
8th December 2009, 12:20 AM
And around 240km/h if memory serves me correctly is wat limit is
Correct a remapped turbo G can easily do 240km/h, the only limiter on these cars is your redline eg. remapped is 7,200rpm. Which will see you around the 250km/h-260km/h, thats if you dont run out of puff.

ChrisMaz
8th December 2009, 06:55 AM
and around 240km/h if memory serves me correctly is wat limit is

:d

kabel
9th December 2009, 10:45 PM
Yip Yip,
Black SRI TURBO - Same goes..
ps don't be surprised if a guy on a motorbike with a blue visor waves out too - that may be me also.
Was that you on the MB giving me the thumbs up on the Mitchell yesterday and today just before 7.00am as you went past ?

gmonkey
10th December 2009, 01:00 AM
i think i saw ur misses today in the Red VXR kabel getting on the mitchell freeway at erindale road around 3-4pm?? (im guessing cause u dont see many females driving vxrs even though i did see 2 today another in a black one...)

kabel
10th December 2009, 09:12 AM
i think i saw ur misses today in the Red VXR kabel getting on the mitchell freeway at erindale road around 3-4pm?? (im guessing cause u dont see many females driving vxrs even though i did see 2 today another in a black one...)
She works in that area,so more than likely would have been her.
Blonde lady.
Wave out next time.....freaks her out.
Guys come up and ask her questions about the car at petrol stations,she never knows if they are interested in the car or her !

poita
10th December 2009, 10:29 PM
:nopics1:

oh wait, its your misses. never mind.......... (just kidding dude)

kabel
10th December 2009, 10:42 PM
:nopics1:

oh wait, its your misses. never mind.......... (just kidding dude)

Oh wait, I was just about to add them.........but nevermind ! :p ;)

poita
10th December 2009, 10:48 PM
hahhaaha tease

TURBOGRINS
12th December 2009, 01:29 PM
Was that you on the MB giving me the thumbs up on the Mitchell yesterday and today just before 7.00am as you went past ?

maybe - if t'was a yellow bike,
Generally if you make a little space for "lane change" in traffic then yes, would have noted and acknowledged with a big old thumbs up!
Just before 7 sounds a touch early for me though!
what u driving? - Oh that's right my favourite colour Arden VXR - always gonna give one of those a little wiggle on the way past, who wouldn't!

EL BURITO
13th December 2009, 01:53 PM
may have been me,

what's the bike Turbo ?

TURBOGRINS
27th December 2009, 02:44 AM
i gots a HYO GT250R at the moment...
Yellow one, looking to get a CBR600RR next, kinda soon ish...
I'm sure i've seen the burito around the place if you got custom plates nad blue / white XR4..

Shay
27th December 2009, 02:45 AM
yeah thats his, mate.

gmonkey
27th December 2009, 04:41 AM
hows selling the GSi going?? notice you had it out on the main road the other day.. anyone called up about it?

TURBOGRINS
29th December 2009, 02:44 PM
hows selling the GSi going?? notice you had it out on the main road the other day.. anyone called up about it?
S L O W L Y,
It's just such a shame I don't have a big shed to wrap it up in cotton wool and love it for a little while longer, this would be a cool car to keep and look after for ever... so needs must i sp'ose
Not like I really advertised it yet though, need to get some notice boards done for it and get it shifted...

TURBOGRINS
29th December 2009, 02:46 PM

and yes had a few calls about it and couple people looked, no takers just yet, but only takes one...

might look at dropping the price a bit, :o

gmonkey
29th December 2009, 03:00 PM
What price u got it at? Just park it and leave it my misses' verge ;) lol

TURBOGRINS
29th December 2009, 05:45 PM
What price u got it at? Just park it and leave it my misses' verge ;) lol

just under 5, but can talk about that...

gmonkey
14th January 2010, 06:36 PM
congrats on the sale of the GSi mate! did you get what you were asking for it roughly??

shame i enjoyed seeing that car when driving up that way :p

TURBOGRINS
18th January 2010, 02:31 PM
Ahhh, I know now it's GONE... I kinda enjoyed having that car, was a boyhood dream fulfilled!
need to move on though, NEXT...

gmonkey
18th January 2010, 02:38 PM
next car... import a VX220/opel speedster