PDA

View Full Version : Astra G "mine"

Jeenous
27th November 2009, 06:56 PM
:yikes: Hey all

I came across a TS with 54000k on the clock and right price so i splurged and gots it...

MY03 TS (Astra G) 2ltr Turbo Convertible

No pics as yet as its spending weekend in workshop getting 60K Major service done as i requested to be done as part of Purchase Deal.

Other than showing off im curious to

*things i should look out for with the car
*tips to getting most out of it , e,g KN air Filter etc
*etc

thanks

file:///H:/DCIM/100OLYMP/P1010186.JPGhttp://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh218/jeenous/astra/a1.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh218/jeenous/astra/a2.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh218/jeenous/astra/a3.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh218/jeenous/astra/a4.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh218/jeenous/astra/a5.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh218/jeenous/astra/a6.jpg

CNBLU
27th November 2009, 07:45 PM
Congrats on your new purchase. Enjoy it!!

mania
27th November 2009, 07:48 PM
Nice buy! - as for mods, get it remapped and you'll be right :)

hazrd
27th November 2009, 09:18 PM
please tell me u didnt trade the cali-t :yikes:

but still... top buy dude

Ice
28th November 2009, 12:41 AM
very nice buy :)

well in answer to your question it really depends how deep your pockets are and how deep your hands want to go..... alot easier with a turbo too :) drive it round, get used to it and when your bored, then start looking at tuning it :) and then on and so forth.....

auzvectra
28th November 2009, 10:03 AM
welcome to the site, make sure they change the waterpump for the service too ;).

glider
28th November 2009, 11:30 AM
please tell me u didnt trade the cali-t :yikes:

but still... top buy dude

Hope u didn't either, but tbh u'd have less issues with a vert

imay
28th November 2009, 01:03 PM
Yay! Another one joining the topless crowd.

As has been mentioned, drive it and give it a good check over before you get too involved in mods. Remember, turbo or not, this is not a "performance" car but more a tourer. There's a few of us vert owners on here now, so there's plenty of information (and opinions) around on what and what not to do. In the end it's no different from most other Astra G, other than from the waist up.

Get up some pix asap. Congrats!

Jeenous
28th November 2009, 05:26 PM
Holden inform me that the Water Pump Will not be Changed as part of the 60K service and i cant make them. However the idlers have been inspected as noisy and will be changed but good old holden did not have them in stock and my baby is spending this weekend on the hoist....

Get it Remapped? AS in get Holden to plug Comp into it or???? I just dont like how the power dies after 3200rpm especially when im used to the Cali which pulls hard to 4500 in every gear...

Trade the Cali.. Dont be silly...i still got it :)

auzvectra
28th November 2009, 08:44 PM
get them to change it at the same time, even buy the pump, from where they r to do the timing, it's only 3 bolts, otherwise like 2 hrs labour!

if it has hit 60K without die'n u may be lucky, but most die at 55-58K.

remap, as in 3rd party pluggin a module in and loading a better file :).
like me, or gman in sydney.

hazrd
28th November 2009, 10:13 PM
glad u kept it :D

there is a tuner in vic too isnt there?

auzvectra
29th November 2009, 11:00 AM
there was, but wayne is no longer doing it. for ne tuneing needed i have just been sending the module down to nuggz and doing it that way.

Jeenous
29th November 2009, 03:35 PM
only done 55k :) so pleased it has not let go

I did some homework and noticed REGAL do phase kits for the z20let.. Anyone had any experience with them? I useds EDS chips + FMIC in the cali and made a huge difference running PH2.

CNBLU
30th November 2009, 12:36 AM
No one on here is running the IPF on a G but from what ive heard there a great unit.

btm
30th November 2009, 09:03 AM
nice pick up mate, congrats!

what colour?

Wraith
30th November 2009, 01:41 PM
:yikes: Hey all

I came across a TS with 54000k on the clock and right price so i splurged and gots it...

MY03 TS (Astra G) 2ltr Turbo Convertible

No pics as yet as its spending weekend in workshop getting 60K Major service done as i requested to be done as part of Purchase Deal.

Other than showing off im curious to

*things i should look out for with the car
*tips to getting most out of it , e,g KN air Filter etc
*etc

thanks

Congrats and welcome to the almost exclusive OpelAus TS turbo vert club :thumbs:

I believe there have only ever been a handful of us here beginning with myself back in '04 :)

ATM I believe it's just you and me, there were 1 or 2 others but AFAIK they've moved on...

There are also a hanful of TS 2.2 owners, so always some peeps to ask questions to if need be :)

Enjoy your new car, they are a very charismatic vehicle :)

Jeenous
30th November 2009, 07:32 PM
Its Silver, would of loved black but price was good and silver stays clean easier where i am so no complaints.. Got it back from Holden today :)

btm
1st December 2009, 09:32 AM
good choice. i think the vert looks a bit strange in black

Wraith
1st December 2009, 12:53 PM
Its Silver, would of loved black but price was good and silver stays clean easier where i am so no complaints.. Got it back from Holden today :)

Congrats again, mine too is silver...also have the red leather interior - what's the colour of your interior, red or black ??

good choice. i think the vert looks a bit strange in black

How so ?? maybe because the soft top dosn't stand out :)

I love the TS verts in black, but much prefer silver as IMHO star silver colour makes them look more classier and expensive compared to black and the black fabric top looks fantastic contrasting against the silver also, whereas it's lost on the black verts...silver is also way better to keep clean and surface longevity, black is a nightmare to keep in prestine condition on any car...

btm
1st December 2009, 01:04 PM
yeah, i think its cause the top doesnt stand out. mates mum has one and it just looks a bit strange

silver ftw :D

Jeenous
1st December 2009, 06:42 PM
trust me the silver has grown on me for sure.. and yes it has the Red and black leather interior :) seems to go heaps better now it has had its major service :) haha thanks for all the pos comments

chrissn89
1st December 2009, 06:45 PM
trust me the silver has grown on me for sure.. and yes it has the Red and black leather interior :) seems to go heaps better now it has had its major service :) haha thanks for all the pos comments
Did you end up getting the water pump changed?

imay
1st December 2009, 07:42 PM
Here we go again . . .

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm268/imxgu/worthless.gif

guy 27
1st December 2009, 09:10 PM
and yes it has the Red and black leather interior :)

sounds like you picked up a linea rossa.

Jeenous
1st December 2009, 10:12 PM

linea rossa?

um water pump not changed but upon opening the holden service book i found receipts for pump being changed under warranty at 40000klm... It also notes that timing belt kit was fitted.. Now i find it a lil alarming that the holden dealer i bought it from said it had not been done and then my local lion said that the pulleys were found to be noisy and replaced 15000klm later....

from what i know all these details are kept on holdens system so they should of told me as such details....

guy 27
1st December 2009, 10:20 PM
linea rossa was a special edition. only difference is the interior leather was designed by linea rossa who works closely with prada. the red in your interior is slightly brighter in color than the standard blood red offered in other astra convertible (or my car).

btm
2nd December 2009, 08:02 AM

but werent all linea rossas red in colour?

CNBLU
2nd December 2009, 09:27 AM
:yesnod: sure were BTM

guy 27
2nd December 2009, 10:36 AM

nope.

Choice of firey Flame Red or optional scintillating Silver Lighting colour
source: here (http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2109&page=5)

or from GM press release

The Astra Coupé “Linea Rossa” is available in five colors (Star silver, Light Silver, Magma Red, Chianti Red and Carbon Black).

source: here (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1CHMI_enAU310AU310&q=astra+linea+rossa+media+information&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=)

CNBLU
2nd December 2009, 10:38 AM
hmmm cant recall seeing any linea rossa's in any other colour.... you got any pics guy?

guy 27
2nd December 2009, 10:48 AM
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v157/83/20/501689132/n501689132_181290_1108.jpg

there are a couple on AOC

btm
2nd December 2009, 11:08 AM
hmmm cant recall seeing any linea rossa's in any other colour.... you got any pics guy?
me neither... even if you google pictures, it only comes up with red

Wraith
2nd December 2009, 12:58 PM

I think he's describing the red/black combination on the door and rear quarter panel cards, not the red/black combination interior of the linea rossa...

linea rossa?

These were a limited number (200) of red TS verts brought into Aust. from the European linea rossa range, they feature a combination red/black leather interior with a ribbed pattern on the inner red seat portion...however in Europe they were available in more colours than just red (magma red) and no linea rossa vehicles here are turbos either, they're all N/A 2.2ltr...

linea rossa was a special edition. only difference is the interior leather was designed by linea rossa who works closely with prada. the red in your interior is slightly brighter in color than the standard blood red offered in other astra convertible (or my car).

As above, but...interior red colour is actually brighter/lighter on the linea rossa variants...the colour name for the red leather interior on the 'non' linea rossa verts is magma red not blood red...

Also the red leather interior colour was only available on convertibles and not on other TS Astra variants here in Aust. All other variants were only offered with black leather interiors...

There was also a cream leather interior colour option available through certain MY production, again only available on the TS convertible variant...

Here in Aust. yes, but as mentioned above, in Europe the linea rossa range featured many exterior colours...

:yesnod: sure were BTM

As above, here in Aust. only...

Your right there too...

me neither... even if you google pictures, it only comes up with red

As above...

The other thing to know regarding red TS Astra convertibles is that after the linea rossa range was delivered, GMH brought in 'regular' TS verts in red exterior colour duco...

These however featured an all black leather interior and that along with last MY production rims differentiates them from the red linea rossas...

Again none of the red TS verts whether they be linea rossas or regular variants are turbos here in Aust. TS turbo verts were only brought here in 2 exterior colours - star silver or sapphire black...

imay
2nd December 2009, 01:32 PM
Simple solution to sorting out what's what . . .

POST UP SOME PIX!

. . . and we'll soon let you know what it is that you have.

But, yeah, Holden only provided us with the Linea Rossa in red, the rest of the world got the choice of colors, engine (1.8, 2.2, 2.0T or 2.0D) and transmission (auto/manual).

sadavidsriturbo
2nd December 2009, 01:50 PM
there was, but wayne is no longer doing it. for ne tuneing needed i have just been sending the module down to nuggz and doing it that way.

How and why people still recommend that douche bag (WAYNE) is beyond me after ripping of 2 AH SRI-T owners and my self stay away from him is all i say.....

sooty
2nd December 2009, 02:02 PM
OMG....ANGE MULTIQUOTED :yikes::D:yikes::D

caps caps caps

hazrd
2nd December 2009, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=sooty;520617]OMG....ANGE MULTIQUOTED :yikes::D:yikes::D

+1 !!!

damn you ain :p
saw his multiquotes and then screamed to the bottom and saw yours!

and yes... i believe pics are in order now u have it back !!!!

guy 27
2nd December 2009, 04:10 PM
.interior red colour is actually brighter/lighter on the linea rossa variants...the colour name for the red leather interior on the 'non' linea rossa verts is magma red not blood red...

Also the red leather interior colour was only available on convertibles and not on other TS Astra variants here in Aust. All other variants were only offered with black leather interiors...

so i have a magma red leather interior? i always thought it was called blood red and the LR edition was the magma red.

Wraith
3rd December 2009, 01:12 PM
OMG....ANGE MULTIQUOTED :yikes::D:yikes::D

caps caps caps

[QUOTE=sooty;520617]OMG....ANGE MULTIQUOTED :yikes::D:yikes::D

+1 !!!

damn you ain :p
saw his multiquotes and then screamed to the bottom and saw yours!

and yes... i believe pics are in order now u have it back !!!!

Hahaha LOL and here I am doing it again

As mentioned to you after you educated me on it Ain, I'm trying to use it where ever applicable/better for it...that post above is so far the longest one, others have been only a few or couple like this one...

And this way, you all have a better chance to catch up to my (and BTM's) post count :p

Wraith
3rd December 2009, 01:15 PM
so i have a magma red leather interior? i always thought it was called blood red and the LR edition was the magma red.

Not sure what it's called in the linea rossas Guy, but it's definitely magma red in the regular convertibles and it is more towards a burgandy red colour, rather than the bright light red of the linea rossas...

FYI just be wary of info from AOC and other O/S forums as over there the specifications/names of colours etc. may vary from what they're specified as over here by GMH :)

btm
3rd December 2009, 01:43 PM
And this way, you all have a better chance to catch up to my (and BTM's) post count :p
NEVER!!!! :p

Jeenous
3rd December 2009, 10:26 PM
Well im not sure about other vert's but i def have all the features listed like
*cruise
*steering wheel controls
*black wheel with red stitching
*red seats with red and black trim
*heated seats
*front + rear fog lights

poita
3rd December 2009, 10:27 PM
get on with the pics already :p :p :p

btm
4th December 2009, 07:34 AM
you said it pete!!

:nopics1:

Wraith
4th December 2009, 12:56 PM
*cruise
*steering wheel controls
*heated seats
*front + rear fog lights

You should also have climate control and everything else as well as you have the turbo variant...or do you ?? some of those items you've described above belong in the linea rossa vert. and are not part of the turbo vert interior ??

The TS convertible variant delivered to Aust. featured the full options list, ie. top of the range spec including the engine, the 2.2ltr unit...

GMH didn't bother with the lower spec variants with the convertible like they did with the rest of the TS range...

The range topper, which is the turbo variant was a limited run with all the goodies fitted standard...the only feature not fitted was traction control (why who knows ??) as this is fitted to the turbo hatch and coupe variants...

What a shame we didn't get the coupes - bloody GMH !

Anyway as others have said - some pics please, that should sort out exactly what you have :)

This site is a popular and very easy to use pic hosting web site: http://tinypic.com/

imay
4th December 2009, 01:13 PM
*cruise
*steering wheel controls
*heated seats
*front + rear fog lights

Sounds like a standard GMH variant Turbo 'vert with either a re-trim or a Linea Rossa interior from a wreck . . . either way good score!

Wraith
4th December 2009, 01:18 PM
Sounds like a standard GMH variant Turbo 'vert with either a re-trim or a Linea Rossa interior from a wreck . . . either way good score!

Exactly what I was thinking Ian, if it is a turbo, it has the linea rossas interior...

Or can it be a full import linea rossa vert turbo ???

Good one Jeenous keeping us in suspense :skep:

Have to say though the standard turbo vert interior (red version) is IMHO nicer than the linea rossas interior, in my eyes anyway :)

imay
4th December 2009, 01:27 PM
Also, in response to earlier post, the red/black leather in the Linea Rossa is a different red to the standard all red leather. Having said that, there was 2 different color reds available over the model range also. The earlier model had more a wine red leather, the later one (like yours Ange?) had a darker red.
Somewhere I've got a list of all the leather (and cloth) colors that came out of Europe . . . I'll try to track it down and post up a copy.

Wraith
4th December 2009, 01:51 PM
Also, in response to earlier post, the red/black leather in the Linea Rossa is a different red to the standard all red leather. Having said that, there was 2 different color reds available over the model range also. The earlier model had more a wine red leather, the later one (like yours Ange?) had a darker red.
Somewhere I've got a list of all the leather (and cloth) colors that came out of Europe . . . I'll try to track it down and post up a copy.

Yes that's true, have touched on that point, that the linea rossas red interior colour is different, most definitely lighter/brighter red...

And yes also there was a change in the red leather from earlier to later MY production, the earlier ones were a little lighter and much smoother (almost entirely smooth) finish as opposed to a darker and more grainy/wrinkle textured leather surface finish to the later ones...

The red internal door card trim inserts were also different, the later ones like mine were given a distinct corrugated finish, whereas earlier ones were almost smooth and flat...

btm
4th December 2009, 02:02 PM
didnt redred retrim his linear rossa? maybe this vert has the linear rossa interior out of redreds

Wraith
4th December 2009, 02:27 PM
didnt redred retrim his linear rossa? maybe this vert has the linear rossa interior out of redreds

Maybe ?? but we won't know anything for sure until jeenous chimes in :)

Jeenous
4th December 2009, 10:06 PM
the trim is the corrugated type for sure... Ill try get some photos up tomorrow after work and after i atleast wash it..

ITs a two owner car, first 40000k by a woman in melb area and 14000k by an older bloke in 30s so dunno. The rekn its a std vert as the chrome trims under door are only plain with turbo sticker no other symbols...

To add to further doubts the seats are only smooth and plain not corrugated like the linea rossa ones i have seen pics off. if anything its just a turbo vert which is fully decked out.. like i said was a woman who bought it orig and prob wanted all the features :)

Wraith
7th December 2009, 01:05 PM
the trim is the corrugated type for sure... Ill try get some photos up tomorrow after work and after i atleast wash it..

ITs a two owner car, first 40000k by a woman in melb area and 14000k by an older bloke in 30s so dunno. The rekn its a std vert as the chrome trims under door are only plain with turbo sticker no other symbols...

To add to further doubts the seats are only smooth and plain not corrugated like the linea rossa ones i have seen pics off. if anything its just a turbo vert which is fully decked out.. like i said was a woman who bought it orig and prob wanted all the features :)

The above still dosn't make sense jeenous...as said the turbo verts came here 'fully featured' or decked out as you've put it with nothing to add options wise on the interior side of things, (except the turbo floor mats) and you had a 2 colour leather choice - all black, or all red...

If your seats are smooth (and single colour) and you have corrugated door card inserts, then it sounds like the standard interior (later production like mine) so not a linea rossa interior...

Pics will resolve everything :)

imay
16th December 2009, 12:56 PM
This query been resolved yet, or are we . . .

STILL WAITING FOR PIX!!!

btm
16th December 2009, 01:31 PM
:nopics1:

hazrd
16th December 2009, 11:06 PM
^^

what he said

Wraith
18th December 2009, 12:48 PM
Yep what they said ^^^^

ie: :nopics1:

Come on jeenous get those pics up, we're all curious - especially me being a fellow TS turbo vert owner :cornut:

Use the info on how to/hosting site from previous pages on this thread :)

Jeenous
18th December 2009, 07:26 PM
haha me think its similar to yours.. Missus and i washing it tomorrow so i will take pics and suspense over haha...

maloo97
20th December 2009, 12:30 AM
:nopics1::picsorban:

Jeenous
21st December 2009, 09:28 PM
pics on first page....

hazrd
21st December 2009, 09:30 PM
about bloody time !!! :p

very nice mate.. i hope the cali still gets some lovin...

guy 27
21st December 2009, 09:31 PM
nice ride. its a normal turbo vert. not the linea rossa edition. problem solved.

Jeenous
21st December 2009, 09:41 PM
cali has got new lights on the way and will get more lovn as soon as i source the noise from right had front...pics have been up since sat.. you guys/gals should look :P

imay
21st December 2009, 09:45 PM
Nice one mate! Happy with it?

By the way . . . looks like the standard Holden TS Astra Turbo Convertible Star Silver/red leather combo.
Still nice but!:)

Jeenous
22nd December 2009, 12:15 AM
happy with the car but not happy with the std performance. wish you could turn the traction control off.. i like to be in control....

the cali pulls so much harder throughout the rev range.. im gunna have to do something with the vert :)

Shay
22nd December 2009, 02:50 AM
looking pretty sexy...

plz plz plz plz plz take off the bonnet protector...
oh and opelising on the cards?

im thinking some zennetti 19's, available in the OA for sale section would look MINT!!!!!

btm
22nd December 2009, 08:58 AM
dammit, all this time waiting for pics and they are blocked :(

maloo97
22nd December 2009, 10:53 AM
Awesome Mate.

Congratz

Wraith
22nd December 2009, 12:52 PM
About bloody time jeenous :cornut:

Yes as others have already said, it's a bog stock late turbo vert (exactly the same as mine when it was stock) - no linea rossa influence or parts added there, where did that all come from in the 1st place LOL :)

And you also have a Calibra...don't tell me it's a red V6 LOL, if so you must be my long lost duplicate twin or something LOL :lol:

btm
22nd December 2009, 12:56 PM
if so you must be my long lost duplicate twin or something LOL :lol:
not sure about lost twin... maybe lost son or something :lol:

Wraith
22nd December 2009, 01:03 PM
not sure about lost twin... maybe lost son or something :lol:

Or maybe a younger version of me from an alternate reality LOL :lol:

Good to see car tastes/interests remain exactly the same :cornut:

imay
22nd December 2009, 01:06 PM
Yep, similar to yours Ange . . .

http://i36.tinypic.com/mh9cgo.jpg

but he obviously has longer legs because his hasn't been chopped . . . :D

hazrd
22nd December 2009, 02:44 PM
And you also have a Calibra...don't tell me it's a red V6 LOL, if so you must be my long lost duplicate twin or something LOL :lol:

Green '94 Turbo on 18s ;) (i think)

Wraith
23rd December 2009, 10:56 AM
Green '94 Turbo on 18s ;) (i think)

Ah well...almost :)

Still very similar combination of TS turbo vert and a Cali makes us a pair :)

Jeenous
23rd December 2009, 07:59 PM
Ah well...almost :)

Still very similar combination of TS turbo vert and a Cali makes us a pair :)

hazrd is right.. green 94 turbo with eds phase 2 throughout..

bonnet protector is coming off soon i dont like it either and i seen what it does to the paint too thanks to sun..

imay
3rd January 2010, 11:34 AM
Promised this upholstery code guide ages ago . . . sorry, only just remembered and managed to find where I had filed it.
Hope it comes in handy for anyone wanting to know their upholstery color/code.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm268/imxgu/HeadrestsVauxhall.jpg

Jeenous
17th May 2010, 07:39 PM
Time for an update i think.

I got some new wheels for it and i lowered it with King Springs
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh218/jeenous/astrawheels.jpg

Wraith
18th May 2010, 12:53 PM
Oh noooo, not Kings...jk.

Don't worry Jeenous I'm sure it'll be fine :)

Looks great with the mods, it's amazing how a 'nice' lowering and set of mags makes any car look so much better, well done :thumbs:

Jeenous
21st May 2010, 08:02 PM
its hard not to use kings when i have access to them through work. nah i have sold heaps of them including to my mates and none of us have been dissapointed. teh astra handles better and still really comfortable as compared to the cali which feels almost eveything lol

Wraith
25th May 2010, 01:04 PM
its hard not to use kings when i have access to them through work. nah i have sold heaps of them including to my mates and none of us have been dissapointed. teh astra handles better and still really comfortable as compared to the cali which feels almost eveything lol

You should fit alternative lowered springs on the Cali as well :)

Got Eibachs on both my vert and Cali - ride is fantastic compared to stock on both :)

Jeenous
25th May 2010, 06:38 PM
funny u mention the cali because i infact have a set of kings atm that i put in and have sat it on its ass but unfortunately they only have like 20mm of travel before the spring is solid so i rang king yesterday and told them the situation and they have recommended others and letting me return the ones i got too them. ill see how they go but i wont be bragging if they suit as they are orig from a daewoo lanos/ nubira lmao

only lowering it in the rear aswell because compared to many other calis i have seen mine sits just above the tyre on the front but sits like 50mm above at the rear i just want it level.

i have never tried eibachs but as for shocks teh astra is STD and the cali has KYBS

hazrd
26th May 2010, 01:07 AM
slightly OT, but... how do u find the KYBs in the cali mate?

coz i have them in mine, and they are rough as hell

Wraith
26th May 2010, 01:09 PM
funny u mention the cali because i infact have a set of kings atm that i put in and have sat it on its ass but unfortunately they only have like 20mm of travel before the spring is solid so i rang king yesterday and told them the situation and they have recommended others and letting me return the ones i got too them. ill see how they go but i wont be bragging if they suit as they are orig from a daewoo lanos/ nubira lmao

only lowering it in the rear aswell because compared to many other calis i have seen mine sits just above the tyre on the front but sits like 50mm above at the rear i just want it level.

i have never tried eibachs but as for shocks teh astra is STD and the cali has KYBS

If you ever do go with Eibachs or say H&R springs, you'll never go back to anything else...the difference is that much !

glider
26th May 2010, 01:15 PM
If you ever do go with Eibachs or say H&R springs, you'll never go back to anything else...the difference is that much !

can you still get eibach for the cali?

Wraith
31st May 2010, 12:56 PM
can you still get eibach for the cali?

I'm sure you can !!!

Calibra modifying is still going on in Europe, Eibach should be stocked with springs for them...

Do a search or ask in the Cali/technical section and I'm sure people will put you onto someone here who can help you out if you need a set :)

Jeenous
31st May 2010, 07:20 PM
slightly OT, but... how do u find the KYBs in the cali mate?

coz i have them in mine, and they are rough as hell

with the 18s it was pretty rough in fact i think thats why teh low prof tyres kept blowing balloons on the inside. However with the sri wheels on it 17" its pretty damn smooth

Wraith
1st June 2010, 09:21 PM
with the 18s it was pretty rough in fact i think thats why teh low prof tyres kept blowing balloons on the inside. However with the sri wheels on it 17" its pretty damn smooth

You serious ?? sounds like dodgy tyres to me jeenous :skep:

I've never heard or seen that happen with any 18's I know even on some pretty wild cars...I've only seen that happen on some near side wall puncture repaired tyres...

Got 20's on mine with only 30 series profile rubber and although it dosn't get driven alot, I've covered around the better part of 10,000km now with the 20's on all sorts of roads and all is good, the tyres are just average too - Nenkangs...

Jeenous
5th June 2010, 04:50 PM
the cali has had 3 sets of tyres and 2 diff brands tried. had 2 blow out and leave me stranded with no spare and the others got to the stage that i had mass vibrations in the car and steering wheel. out the 17's of the astra on it and all problems solved

Wraith
7th June 2010, 12:50 PM
the cali has had 3 sets of tyres and 2 diff brands tried. had 2 blow out and leave me stranded with no spare and the others got to the stage that i had mass vibrations in the car and steering wheel. out the 17's of the astra on it and all problems solved

In that case sounds like dodgy rims, or somehow not centred and/or balanced properly ??

One of my sets of wheels (Momo 17's) also has a vibration issue and it's due to them not being centred properly...

The cause is from the Momo supplied CBL's (centre bearing locators) which has a loose rather than tight tolerance and that slight gap is enough to cause the vibration...

This can happen with after market rims unless the CBL's are tight fitting on both the wheel/disk hub centre and rim hub...

Jeenous
8th June 2010, 07:25 PM
may possibly have been but those rims are gone now and no more issues so maybe one i maybe on my next car i decide to put big rims on i may give it a go..

Wraith
9th June 2010, 01:11 PM
may possibly have been but those rims are gone now and no more issues so maybe one i maybe on my next car i decide to put big rims on i may give it a go..

They don't have to be big rims, if the CBL's arn't the right fit it'll cause vibration issues as was/is the case with my 17" Momo's, they're only 17's afterall...

Also the rims must be balanced properly and not distorted or warped...I've also seen these kind of issues with slightly warped/distorted rims, but if the rims and CBL's are all good regardless of size they should work well...

As mentioned got 20's on my vert jeenous and no such problems what so ever :)

Jeenous
2nd August 2010, 09:25 PM
Ive reached a fork in the road in which i need to make life choices and one of those is sell the cali or the vert and unlike many im keeping the cali although it has 4* times the k's and paint is startin to get rough.

Price $25000 with the current wheels pictured on page"6" which have done 3000klms no marks
price $24000 ONO without rims but with std SRI page "1" wheels Road Worthy tyres some slight marks

Full Holden Service History and since i have had it serviced every 7500klms with penrite sin oil and genuine filter. last done at 62600k's
63000klms
Timing belt kit and water pump done at 55000 by Holden
Lowered 30mm on King Springs front and rear. "Std springs can be supplied to buyer if wanted"
Only engine mods are the "breather box mod" & "Banjo bolt mod for turbo"
Interior - Black dashmatt (not pictured but is in car)
Car will come with RWC and REG.
Everything works interior is mint only thing againt exterior is a couple of stone chips at front.
car located in "Sale Victoria"
any further questions msg or call me 0424861100

thanks

Wraith
4th August 2010, 01:37 PM
Ive reached a fork in the road in which i need to make life choices and one of those is sell the cali or the vert and unlike many im keeping the cali although it has 4* times the k's and paint is startin to get rough.

Price $25000 with the current wheels pictured on page"6" which have done 3000klms no marks
price $24000 ONO without rims but with std SRI page "1" wheels Road Worthy tyres some slight marks

Full Holden Service History and since i have had it serviced every 7500klms with penrite sin oil and genuine filter. last done at 62600k's
63000klms
Timing belt kit and water pump done at 55000 by Holden
Lowered 30mm on King Springs front and rear. "Std springs can be supplied to buyer if wanted"
Only engine mods are the "breather box mod" & "Banjo bolt mod for turbo"
Interior - Black dashmatt (not pictured but is in car)
Car will come with RWC and REG.
Everything works interior is mint only thing againt exterior is a couple of stone chips at front.
car located in "Sale Victoria"
any further questions msg or call me 0424861100

thanks

Most definitely unlike you on this one jeenous :)

I'd keep the vert, even if it was stock...but each to their own will be sad to see a TS vert go but totally understand if the 'bigger' car sale needs to go to more suitable financial commitments...

All the best with the sale :)

Jeenous
4th August 2010, 06:49 PM
thanks i just chose to advertise here too members so hopefully it could stay within the club.

Wraith
5th August 2010, 01:05 PM
thanks i just chose to advertise here too members so hopefully it could stay within the club.

Put it in the for sale section - if you already havn't :)

And IMHO also put it anywhere else you can advertise it as well...trading post, car sales etc. etc.

S/H cars of most types can be hard to 'flog off' these days unless your giving them away for well below market value, so get in there with as much chance as pssible... :)