PDA

View Full Version : Tivo

Vectracious
21st November 2009, 09:41 PM
Should I get one?

Cancelled my Foxtel subscription last week because it was $60odd a month and we just didnt watch it because they just play the same stuff over and over again - and now with ONE HD, GO! and Seven TWO + all the others, free to air is enough.

mate has one and he loves it, just wondering if anyone else has one?

With internode and they offer unmetered Tivo service and downloads so all good there.....

guy 27
21st November 2009, 10:04 PM
My bro in law and sis have had one for several years. They love it but they have foxtel. I would recommend it if you had foxtel but foxtel iq is better in my opinion. Without foxtel why not look at getting a media centre setup, hdr or possibly a ps3 with play tv.

Vectracious
21st November 2009, 10:17 PM
My bro in law and sis have had one for several years. They love it but they have foxtel. I would recommend it if you had foxtel but foxtel iq is better in my opinion. Without foxtel why not look at getting a media centre setup, hdr or possibly a ps3 with play tv.

I thought Tivo was only for Freeview and Free to air, not cable????? DOesnt say anything about interfacing with Foxtel on the website.

Spending the money on a decent media centre set up is another idea. I'm guessing TV cards come with programs that can record programs from the electronic program guide?

The movie downloads with Tivo (especially that they are unmetered) are pretty good though.

Have a PS1, PS2 and Wii and none of them ever get used. If I suggested buying a PS3 I'm dead bascically!!!!

Nem
21st November 2009, 10:26 PM
Freeview == no ad skipping, which is one of the major features in buying a PVR for me. Buy a non FV device whatever you buy.

shoey85
21st November 2009, 10:54 PM
have a Tivo love it! dont have 2 worry bout when 2 watch tv ne more its there when i want it.

ROCCO
21st November 2009, 11:25 PM
I thought Tivo was only for Freeview and Free to air, not cable????? DOesnt say anything about interfacing with Foxtel on the website.

Spending the money on a decent media centre set up is another idea. I'm guessing TV cards come with programs that can record programs from the electronic program guide?

The movie downloads with Tivo (especially that they are unmetered) are pretty good though.

Have a PS1, PS2 and Wii and none of them ever get used. If I suggested buying a PS3 I'm dead bascically!!!!

Never used a TIVO have a HTPC since Windows XP Media Centre. I have tried all the media centres to date and Windows 7 MC is by far the best ever.
EPG works no probs. I have 1 x dual digital PCI Express tv tuner in the system letting me record one show and watch antoher at the same time. I can also play movies music, surf the net etc etc all from the comfort of my leather lounge hehe.

PO15KA
22nd November 2009, 08:41 AM
check this out; http://www.mediaplayersandmore.com.au/dvico-tvix-m6600nt441-dual-tuner-p-458.html

DVICO TVIX M6600N+T441 Dual Tuner, its what im getting... has wireless and LAN, you can upgrade the HDD at any time...looks good and definiately FREEVIEW free :)

Neeko
22nd November 2009, 03:53 PM
Tivo - it'll change ur life (in a bad way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J47EiokaXwU

"love you tivo"

poita
22nd November 2009, 04:32 PM
Never used a TIVO have a HTPC since Windows XP Media Centre. I have tried all the media centres to date and Windows 7 MC is by far the best ever.
EPG works no probs. I have 1 x dual digital PCI Express tv tuner in the system letting me record one show and watch antoher at the same time. I can also play movies music, surf the net etc etc all from the comfort of my leather lounge hehe.

+1 buy a media centre

tivo is over rated. if it came to oz 5 yrs ago before media centre then yer would of been great.
but its waaaay to late in aus

HappySlapper82
22nd November 2009, 05:32 PM
Extremely overpriced. Waste of money

Vectracious
23rd November 2009, 08:43 PM
thanks guys, will look at spending the money on a HTPC :D

ads
23rd November 2009, 09:39 PM
My inlaws love TiVo, they think it's the best thing ever!

On a side note, I think it’s funny / ironic that the guy who made that video in the link there used TiVo. Hehe

You can download movies onto TiVo too. =)

gmonkey
24th November 2009, 01:46 AM
i got a beyonwiz PVR its great, except now shows ive set to record that have been canceled or off air it still tries to record for me and ends up recording crap like NCIS or Bones or something. Tivo is just a brandname with same Tech as everything else pretty much.. not worth the $$$