PDA

View Full Version : Cpl

USC
16th November 2009, 10:34 AM
Has anyone shopped at CPL here before? They are the devil on earth I reckon - extremely bad customer service, non-existant warranty service, and on top of that .. mega Liars.

Had a faulty fan in a case, returned it, apparently it was working fine..but they did not want to show me. I decided to return the case cos I was sick of their dodgy service - they charge 10% restocking fee and $15 for checking the fan of a faulty case I had purchased the day before!

Fck those stoopid dodgy people - seriously they make me feel sick. Advise to you all - DO NOT SHOP AT CPL (cpl.net.au). They are very happy to take your money when you purchase something but they dont want to hear about warranty work. I have had much better customer sevice at MSY!

Ice
16th November 2009, 10:38 AM
hmm good to know....sound like a nice group of people....NOT !

InsaneAsylum
16th November 2009, 01:50 PM
bought a system for my old work and heaps of parts from them. they've never let me down. i also had to order 4 lcd's from them which had to come from the warehouse, they fulfilled the order without any problems and they're customer service has been great. the only reason they are number 2 on my list is that msy is cheaper albeit worse service. at the end of the day though i don't care because I know what I am getting. I also speak from experience at the nth melb shop, i've never been to the other cpl branch in notting hill or wherever.

Corsa_Rob
16th November 2009, 02:23 PM
For a number of years i've purchased all my PC gear from CPL, haven't had any problems. Having said that, i've stopped going there mainly because of the horrendous customer service, they certainly don't give a rats arse about customers. At least thats the feeling i've been getting.

I now shop at Centrecom, on Blackburn road and in Frankston.

stevedee3
16th November 2009, 05:03 PM
I buy stuff at CPL because they're close to being the cheapest and they always have things in stock. MSY are slightly cheaper but often don't have stock.

USC
16th November 2009, 06:43 PM
For those of you who bought stuff from CPL, I pray you never have to claim warranty. They are your best friend when you are throwing money at them....wait until YOU need their help with replacing /fixing a dodgy product.

From now on, I buy from independent shops - like Digiworld and Nexus in the city. Ill try Centrecom too. If they do not have the parts, they can always get them in within a day.

CPL certainly does not give a rats arse about any customers. They are rude to you and they dont give a damn after you have purchased the product. I remember when they used to be a small crappy place near monash uni in clayton. I am not racist but seriously..those rude as*&ns need to fck off back to their own country if they are gona operate a business in such a dodgy manner and the customer feels powerless.

InsaneAsylum
16th November 2009, 07:39 PM
centrecom are another good store as mentioned, just a bit out of the way for me.

Vectracious
16th November 2009, 09:09 PM
I remember when they used to be a small crappy place near monash uni in clayton.

Now they are a big crappy place near monash...

Have only bought a couple of Kyocera laser printers from them and bits and pieces along the way. have never had to return anything to them - good to know their returns procedures are crap.

MSY FTW!

InsaneAsylum
17th November 2009, 08:02 AM
lol before msy branched out into the western suburbs, I had to drive to malvern to line up out the freaking door. it was ridiculous! the brooklyn store is great, decent staff there too. i've heard cheltenham are pretty good too.

hazrd
17th November 2009, 09:38 AM
never had any problems with CPL

bought a 320gb notebook HDD... wouldnt spin up, took it back same day, the guy just gave me a new one

USC
17th November 2009, 03:49 PM
never had any problems with CPL

bought a 320gb notebook HDD... wouldnt spin up, took it back same day, the guy just gave me a new one

You must have been lucky - that was clearly dead on arrival - where they can cheat, they will. The fan controller switch would not work on High...and they denied it and said it was working as it worked on the other two settings...they didnt want to show that it worked in front of me!

Well, for me, I have crossed them out of my shopping places. Will be shopping at MSY, CentreCom, Nexus and other small places as from now on..oh and a couple of very good online shops.

poita
17th November 2009, 09:34 PM
calibrated technologies?

USC
17th November 2009, 11:54 PM
calibrated technologies?

Yep! Where is Calibrated Technologies? Any online store?

poita
18th November 2009, 12:07 AM
dont think ash has a site set up as of yet.

but just shoot him a pm, or ring him and harass him when your bored at work like i do :lol:

Calibrated
18th November 2009, 06:02 AM
Yep! Where is Calibrated Technologies? Any online store?
i'm in the process of having the online store built.

dont think ash has a site set up as of yet.

but just shoot him a pm, or ring him and harass him when your bored at work like i do :lol:

while im driving :p
did you get my pm last night?

USC
19th November 2009, 03:05 PM
hehe..yeah I googled it and it wasnt ready yet.