PDA

View Full Version : PS3 wifi problems

poita
11th November 2009, 10:26 PM
sooooo anoyed, the wifi on my ps3 decided to stop talking to my router again.

have 3 laptops, iphone, wifi, and htc which all connect no worries at all still.

keep coming up with error 8001000a, anyone else had this and been able to solve it?

ROCCO
11th November 2009, 10:31 PM
Bloody hell mate....tried google lately??? :-)

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=45952

ROCCO
11th November 2009, 10:32 PM
And i don't even have a PS3....just sell it and buy a kick ass PC :-)

poita
11th November 2009, 10:35 PM
tried that, dont work

i have tried about 7 different 'solutions' that dont work

anyone who has actually had the problem and solved it please feel free to reply

Vectracious
12th November 2009, 01:31 PM
I had a similar issue with connecting the Wii to my wireless router - it ended up being a channel problem - 6 instead of 11 - have you tried changing those?

MAD-16V
12th November 2009, 02:06 PM
You can check the channel of any near wi fi networks with a program called Vistastumbler , If you have any networks that use a channel that is close to your existing channel , then change it to something higher or lower and see if your signal improves.

It could also be a hardware issue with the ps3 itself , I have heard of the wi fi just simply dying in the console itself for no apparent reason.

Im sure that you have tried to manually enter the ssid and the wpa or wep key.

Where does the error occur ? Is it when you try to test the connection or is it straight after you enter the ssid or the network key?

The error codes 8001000a and 8001000b usually relate to a hardware issue , you can also receive these errors when trying to use external storage devices - Or it is just considered a general hardware fault code.

Is there anyway you can take it to another location where there is another available wi fi connection you can test the console on?

oneightoo
12th November 2009, 02:48 PM
we have a similar problem..

we play battlefield 1943 and we get drop outs every 8 seconds. turns out it's a particular type of router that doesnt work with the ps3 for game, as it should..

got a new one, and wollah, works perfect every time..

while your problem is different, the solution may be the same - ie. have you tried another router? get the same error?

ASTRAY
12th November 2009, 03:13 PM
i get drop outs when playing gta4
also, after just recently changing my internet to smellstra, when our home phone rings or we make a call the internet on our laptops drops out for about 30secs-1min.

MAD-16V
12th November 2009, 03:27 PM
Are all of your home phones filtered ?
We have an old school wallphone at my house and it is hard wired to the central phone line , whenever we pick it up it cuts the internet off.

You need to have every phone line with attached equipment in the house filtered.

ASTRAY
12th November 2009, 03:37 PM
We have an old school wallphone at my house and it is hard wired to the central phone line , whenever we pick it up it cuts the internet off.

You need to have every phone line with attached equipment in the house filtered.
our wall socket has a hardwired wire coming out of the back and plugged into the phone, no filter,
and the internet cable plugged into the front socket running to a filter then to the modem/router.
never had any problems like that with optus net using siemens modem and dlink router.
when i changed to telstra they sent me a thompson all-in-one modem router. its only after i joined telstra and using this thompson that weve had troubles.

i have just now changed the way the phone and net are plugged in, all running through filter so ill see how that goes.

i didnt try using the siemens and dlink with telstra net. will be my next option if things dont improve.

ps, sorry ain for the hijack.

sooty
12th November 2009, 04:02 PM
ps, sorry ain for the hijack.

not my thread, god's :p

ASTRAY
12th November 2009, 04:23 PM
not my thread, god's :p
ooops, im an athiest, so need for an apology then lol

poita
12th November 2009, 05:52 PM
I had a similar issue with connecting the Wii to my wireless router - it ended up being a channel problem - 6 instead of 11 - have you tried changing those?

havent tried the channels actually, one thing i didnt think of.

You can check the channel of any near wi fi networks with a program called Vistastumbler , If you have any networks that use a channel that is close to your existing channel , then change it to something higher or lower and see if your signal improves.

there is only one other wireless network near me, but i will try that also

It could also be a hardware issue with the ps3 itself , I have heard of the wi fi just simply dying in the console itself for no apparent reason.

yer same :(

Im sure that you have tried to manually enter the ssid and the wpa or wep key.

yep

Where does the error occur ? Is it when you try to test the connection or is it straight after you enter the ssid or the network key?

manually enter in ssid, network, then tries to test connection and errors.
even if i go auto, and let it scan and find the network it finds it, but wont connect

The error codes 8001000a and 8001000b usually relate to a hardware issue , you can also receive these errors when trying to use external storage devices - Or it is just considered a general hardware fault code.

Is there anyway you can take it to another location where there is another available wi fi connection you can test the console on?

could take it into work and test it there i guess, just a pita :lol:

we have a similar problem..

we play battlefield 1943 and we get drop outs every 8 seconds. turns out it's a particular type of router that doesnt work with the ps3 for game, as it should..

got a new one, and wollah, works perfect every time..

while your problem is different, the solution may be the same - ie. have you tried another router? get the same error?

yer this is the 3rd router i've had in last 12 mths, 2 belkins and a d-link.
same thing each time

yer every line is filtered, i ahve recently bught all brand new filters and phone lines to no change.

i ahve even tried it with nothing but the modem connected up, removed all phones, and still the same thing

poita
13th November 2009, 09:54 PM
now also getting 8001000C error.

think i might send it away to be repaired

poita
13th November 2009, 10:22 PM
ok got a new error lol

8013013D

i swear im gonna throw it through the front window

hazrd
13th November 2009, 11:37 PM
*waits patiently outside petes window*

ASTRAY
14th November 2009, 06:24 AM
*waits patiently outside petes window*
*sits down beside adam* gday mate, you hungry? ive brought some popcorn along.
say, i know wheres theres an unguarded cali atm, you can have the cali bits and ill take the stereo bits and wheels,,, hehe

melave
14th November 2009, 08:35 AM
http://www.myps3.com.au/NewsDetail.aspx?id=1076

8013013D - "A connection error has occurred" - May be to do with the SSID of the Router or signal strength if the conneciton drops Putting the PS3 into DMZ may help - otherwise check WPA key Ps3 can't handle WPA2 only WPA or none.

-2147418100 (8001000C) The client (caller) cannot unmarshal the return
data - low memory, etc.

can you see on your router, the ps3 trying to connect?

MAD-16V
14th November 2009, 03:21 PM
otherwise check WPA key Ps3 can't handle WPA2 only WPA or none.

Wrong , Fully supports WPA2-PSK

poita
14th November 2009, 07:24 PM
http://www.myps3.com.au/NewsDetail.aspx?id=1076

8013013D - "A connection error has occurred" - May be to do with the SSID of the Router or signal strength if the conneciton drops Putting the PS3 into DMZ may help - otherwise check WPA key Ps3 can't handle WPA2 only WPA or none.

-2147418100 (8001000C) The client (caller) cannot unmarshal the return
data - low memory, etc.

can you see on your router, the ps3 trying to connect?

tried every type of wifi security, sill nothing.
in the normal spot has 40% constant signal.
have moved them into same room, gettin 100% and still no connection

indeedly doodly

melave
14th November 2009, 08:34 PM

what!!! you saying the internet is wrong!! noooooo!!!!!! :(

ok well thats my limit of knowledge with hardware problems :( sorry