PDA

View Full Version : hi all ..... another newbie

melave
11th November 2009, 08:40 AM
Hi all

I joined a week ago and have been lurking and thought i better introduce myself :)

i have 2006 astra cdti. I love my little car but it does have a few bugs i am trying to sort out

I haven't been one for modifying a car in the past, but i can see that changing with all the stuff i have been reading on here :) At the moment it is just a stock standard, though the OH just bought me a VXMMI for my b'day thanks to the reviews on this forum. Waiting for that to come from england

this is the only pic i have of my car at the moment. We went for a cruise to collie on the weekend, so she needs a wash then i'll take some more pics

This forum is great, and i have spent hours trawling through all the posts. Look forward to reading more :)

btm
11th November 2009, 08:54 AM
g'day mate and welcome to the site

all the other oilers on here will tell you to definitely greenbox her :)

Nurb608
11th November 2009, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the site mate.

When you get your head unit in, let us know what it's like, it should be the version 2 with the better screen and most of the bugs worked out ;)

hazrd
11th November 2009, 11:18 AM
another oiler! welcome!

guy 27
11th November 2009, 11:21 AM
Welcome.

mania
11th November 2009, 11:30 AM
Yep, would love to know how you find the VXMMI ;) one's been on my wish list for a while..

Welcome.

melave
11th November 2009, 01:00 PM
thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

will definetely let you know how the vxmmi goes. will be awhile, only ordered it monday.

Just been researching the green box........ you guys are a bad influence!! :p

mania
11th November 2009, 01:06 PM
Do itttt :p 30% extra power for that price... how could you not?

Jerram
11th November 2009, 01:15 PM
hey man, welcome to the site

ChrisMaz
11th November 2009, 06:19 PM
Welcome mate. Always good to see another Perth Member.

Shoey is selling his CDTi and will be trying to sell his greenbox. After test driving his without the greenbox and then with, you wouldn't believe the difference it makes. Contact him here. (http://www.opelaus.com/forums/member.php?u=2147)

melave
12th November 2009, 09:27 PM
i sent him a pm. Thanks Chris

cdti
12th November 2009, 11:56 PM
Hi there,

Is yours manual or auto? I love mine, it is so much fun to drive. I just got a greenbox just over a week ago, and yes, it is great fun... Buy Shoey's so he feels that he's getting something back, and you should get a good deal.

If you haven't had your alternator changed under warranty, you'd better get it looked at before your warranty runs out (unless it has already). Have a look in the Astra Diesel section for the "diesel issues" thread. Out of 20 something diesels on here, probably 6 to 8 of us have had it changed.

Enjoy the site and loving the torque!

UnKnOwN
13th November 2009, 12:05 AM
hi, yay another wa member =) welcome

shoey85
13th November 2009, 12:15 AM
Welcome! can have a play b4 i sell it :P

delemonte
13th November 2009, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the site mate! ;)

melave
13th November 2009, 06:36 AM
thanks all

mines an auto. I went lazy with this car. city driving annoys me too much to have a manual :)

i do love my car. I can't get over all the features. I can move my headlights!!!! i was reading one of the threads in here and learnt more stuff this car can do! it's great. it kicks butt over the OH fairmont :)

I have a few issues with the car at the mo. Paintwork ( which i am gonna work on today). i think i have an ignition problem. plus the coolant warning keeps coming on. I read all the issues with the alternator, so i will get that checked too. it's out of warranty now, but holden servicing were the worse (2 different ones) so now i need to find a good mechanic. Any recommendations?

cdti
14th November 2009, 03:54 PM
Pity about the auto, they put a completely different engine in those, and there's a considerable difference in performance.

I hope you get your issues sorted out. If it's overheating, you can check the engine temperature by holding the 'settings' button down with the radio on until it beeps. When you then press the "BC" button repeatedly, you go through the readouts from the computer. about six readouts in, there's one with V ### T ### across the bottom line, where ### is numbers. The V is your digital speedo, and the T is the temperature. Have a look at what temperature is being recorded. You may have a blockage in the cooling system.

Add yourself to the register of Astra Diesels in the diesel section (maybe hidden, it's a couple of months old now)

gmonkey
14th November 2009, 04:40 PM
Welcome maam :p there's a track day being organised check out wa cruise section if interested

melave
14th November 2009, 05:02 PM
i know i love manuals. this is my first auto. but since i have to drive down orrong rd every day with stop/start and cr@p drivers i fugured i was better with an auto

i don't think it's the engine overheating. It comes up with low coolant but there is heaps. Last time holden "fixed it" there was gunk on the sensor they told me. I need to work out where it is and look at it

the other thing it does, on hot days (30+) the cd player won't turn off and doors won't lock from the key. I have 2 error msgs
161600 CIM (Steering Column module) wrong environment indicator Immobilizer B-006
Replace P1620 controller error
and

161450 Wrong transponder immobiliser key B-006

does this mean my keys playing up??

i've been reading the thread on the track day... does sound like fun....... :)

sooty
14th November 2009, 05:07 PM
hmmm, does it do it with the spare key too?

melave
14th November 2009, 05:13 PM
pretty sure it does. I grabbed the spare key last time and it still wouldn't lock....... was going to get engine temp next time to see if thats the problem, but those error codes indicate it isn't

only seems to be on hot days if it is out in the sun..... summers coming soon and i want to try and fix it before then

sooty
14th November 2009, 05:18 PM
Sounds like either your keys aren't properly synced to the car (but then i don't see how temperature would affect it) or the immobiliser plays up in the heat.
But obviously, you can still start the car yeah?

At least if it does it with both keys, you know it's not the keys, just gotta keep eliminating it down.

Shay
15th November 2009, 04:09 AM
welcome officially...
hope you can make it to some events...
another rare non black white silver car :yikes: :lol: