PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear UK is BACK! Spoiler Alert!!

sooty
10th November 2009, 06:13 PM
in 5 more days :p

Here's a teaser of season 14
FmSkLMATaXA

This is in the UK of course, won't be out here for a while, so i guess we'll all have to wait :lol::rolleyes::p

HoldenAstra
10th November 2009, 06:51 PM
I started to watch from 13 backward 3 which is I am watching now.

sooty
10th November 2009, 06:58 PM
Well yes, but, we wouldn't be encouraging the download of pirated episodes...;)

Danboy_LMF
10th November 2009, 07:12 PM
Won't you be able to watch using the BBC iplayer? don't know if you can get that down there :)

DWS 92
10th November 2009, 07:18 PM
Won't you be able to watch using the BBC iplayer? don't know if you can get that down there :)

No we can't.. It's crap :(

Danboy_LMF
10th November 2009, 07:24 PM
No we can't.. It's crap :(

Ah poo :(

kabel
10th November 2009, 08:25 PM
Hence why we now download......no different than the old days when we used to record to a TV program to VHS tape for personal viewing :confused:

Danboy_LMF
10th November 2009, 08:29 PM
Well if I can find a way to help I would lol :D

Vectracious
10th November 2009, 09:34 PM
Cannot wait for s14

Danboy LMF - whats the BBC licence worth these days?

Danboy_LMF
10th November 2009, 09:41 PM
Cannot wait for s14

Danboy LMF - whats the BBC licence worth these days?

No idea lol I still live at home :lol: I don't watch tv but watch top gear online once its been aired the day after.

Jerram
10th November 2009, 09:45 PM
you know it'd be nice if there was more useful stuff on this season. I seem to recall the last one was a lot more like a comedy (in the style of "Home Improvement") than anything else.

nuggz
10th November 2009, 09:51 PM
Well yes, but, we wouldn't be encouraging the download of pirated episodes...;)

technically its not pirated untill they release the episodes on DVD

Vectracious
10th November 2009, 09:52 PM
No idea lol I still live at home :lol: I don't watch tv but watch top gear online once its been aired the day after.

ah ok - last time I tried to stream something from the BBC website it said it was not available to people outside of the UK so I thought that it had somethint to do with the licences :)

you know it'd be nice if there was more useful stuff on this season. I seem to recall the last one was a lot more like a comedy (in the style of "Home Improvement") than anything else.

we're not starting THIS argument again are we??? :rolleyes:

Jerram
10th November 2009, 09:55 PM
we're not starting THIS argument again are we??? :rolleyes:

hah thx for reminding me about that one. No srsly, Dinosaws lol :P

SIMid
10th November 2009, 10:45 PM
Clarkson has a new DVD out as well. :)

gmonkey
11th November 2009, 02:21 AM
i watch episodes on www.streetfire.net or something like that when i was at uni :p streams them in decent quality compared to youtube (before bbc catch on a delete it)

gmonkey
11th November 2009, 02:22 AM
did i see a corsa vxr in a pipe?! :)

ChrisMaz
11th November 2009, 04:47 AM
I thought it was an Astra? Although both look the same to me. :confused:

DWS 92
11th November 2009, 08:30 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/images/romania_episode.jpg

If you have a Top Gear-shaped chasm in your life that relentless digital TV repeats just can't seem to fill, relax. The brand-new factory-fresh series of the World's Favourite Car Show™ is just around the corner.
If you're a regular Top Gear viewer, you'll know more or less what to expect. If you're new to the series, try to imagine what might happen if a trio of eleven year-old boys had access to some of the world's most desirable supercars and lots of sugary sweets. Sounds awesome, right?
So, ready yourself for 9pm, Sunday 15th November on BBC Two. Please note the new later start time as it is significant for two reasons. Firstly, we're aiming to save roughly two million relationships by avoiding a clash with the X-Factor. Secondly, if you're one of our younger viewers and your bedtime is before 10pm, start the wheedling, nagging and emotional blackmail now, there's still time to wear your parents down.
The first episode sees Clarkson, Hammond and May searching for a fabled stretch of Romanian tarmac in three of the latest drop-top supercars. James will be taking a couple of super-limos to task and Hollywood heartthrob, confirmed petrolhead and thoroughly good bloke Eric Bana becomes a star in a reasonably priced car.
The brand new series of Top Gear begins 9pm, Sunday 15th November on BBC Two and BBC HD''

Good to hear Bana's on the show :)

Brazza
11th November 2009, 08:53 AM

My thoughts exactly. Out of that whole paragraph that's pretty much all that piqued my interest but it's top gear so it will be great anyway this just makes it better :D

Vectracious
11th November 2009, 10:09 AM
fantastic that Bana is getting a gig in SIARPC - he should be right up there with JK and Simon Cowell you would think....

nuggz
11th November 2009, 10:29 AM
fantastic that Bana is getting a gig in SIARPC - he should be right up there with JK and Simon Cowell you would think....

else hes gonna turn into a big green hulk!

wouldnt that be fun to watch

gman
11th November 2009, 12:03 PM
technically its not pirated untill they release the episodes on DVD

Ahh that's actually not right...It's still piracy, just a different type. Even if the network's air a program, they still retain all rights to it. So if you copy an aired show its pirating that particular media stream. Copy a DVD (other than as allowed under copyright) and you're breaching that particular media stream.

Either way, its still piracy...

Hollywood heartthrob, confirmed petrolhead and thoroughly good bloke Eric Bana becomes a star in a reasonably priced car.

Best thing I have heard since COD6 was released!!!! ;)

Cannot wait to see Bana's lap...He might have done it when he was with had Clarkson for his movie "Love the Beast"...

I am absolutely PH*CKING praying the he beats that pansy Simon Cowell and that idiot chef Gordon Ramsey..

Go Uncle Chop Chop!!!

gman
11th November 2009, 12:05 PM

I think he should beat Cowell and be as quick as JK...He's done a lot more racing, but you never know...JK was very quick!!!!

Vectracious
11th November 2009, 12:11 PM
I think he should beat Cowell and be as quick as JK...He's done a lot more racing, but you never know...JK was very quick!!!!

and lighter!!! bana's easily got 10-20kg on JK. could be worth a few tenths...

poita
11th November 2009, 11:00 PM
as long as he doesnt understeer it into a tree ;)

gman
11th November 2009, 11:13 PM
Nice...Still think the bit where he's on Leno talking about it was fantastic...

"That's our car down the bottom...."

Classic :D

dieselhead
11th November 2009, 11:34 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/images/romania_episode.jpg

The first episode sees Clarkson, Hammond and May searching for a fabled stretch of Romanian tarmac in three of the latest drop-top supercars. James will be taking a couple of super-limos to task and Hollywood heartthrob, confirmed petrolhead and thoroughly good bloke Eric Bana becomes a star in a reasonably priced car.
The brand new series of Top Gear begins 9pm, Sunday 15th November on BBC Two and BBC HD''

I know that road, have driven there a few times. We're in for a real treat guys! Can't wait to hear those engines revving up between the endless hairpins :)

Wraith
12th November 2009, 09:04 PM
On a side note, is anyone watching the 5th Gear re-runs airing ATM (Thursday nights 7:30-8:80pm) on free to air channel 72 in Melb. ??

poita
12th November 2009, 09:06 PM
will only be re-runs too

5th gear has been canned

gmonkey
13th November 2009, 02:02 AM
hate 5th gear, just watched it tonight its so boring and its not factual at all! it has nothing going for it really :p

ChrisMaz
13th November 2009, 03:07 AM
Its usually pretty fun. Tiff is an excellent driver. Although the show is A LOT drier than top gear. Its still good.

btm
13th November 2009, 09:50 AM
watched it last night too... not really a fan

Jerram
13th November 2009, 09:53 AM
yeah I think the later seasons are better (this was season 5 from 2004/05)

dieselhead
16th November 2009, 09:05 PM
An epic episode, it really was. But then, I'm biased, being Romanian... However, look at that road and tell me you wouldn't like letting a super car loose there! I have driven on it a few times, not super cars like the TG boys, but it was incredible fun. After watching them being amazed by the Stelvio Pass a couple of seasons back, I thought it was not bad, but there's one better, in Romania. And you know what? Clarkson thinks that's the case, too.

Shay
16th November 2009, 09:52 PM

yeah id think so, was gonna post the same as below... but beaten to the punch.

as long as he doesnt understeer it into a tree ;)

oi, thats fuken harsh :p

ill watch it at 720p in 2.5hrs 1.4 gig :(

HoldenAstra
16th November 2009, 10:14 PM
i am watching it right now!

mania
16th November 2009, 10:15 PM
Ahh that's actually not right...It's still piracy, just a different type. Even if the network's air a program, they still retain all rights to it. So if you copy an aired show its pirating that particular media stream. Copy a DVD (other than as allowed under copyright) and you're breaching that particular media stream.

Either way, its still piracy...

I enjoyed watching it in the background of my skype video chat with my cousin in the UK :]... hope I wasn't breaking any laws =/.

Especially as I recorded the convo.

<_<
>_>

poita
16th November 2009, 10:15 PM
i am watching it right now!

good episode, enjoy it

HoldenAstra
16th November 2009, 11:19 PM
yes! great!

sad the track was wet, otherwise Eric might beat SC:D

gmonkey
17th November 2009, 03:42 AM
anyone else notice the Rieger sticker on the blue wagon on the backroad in romania? :p

Shay
17th November 2009, 03:50 AM
anyone else notice the Rieger sticker on the blue wagon on the backroad in romania? :p

who cares, OMFG what a good ep...
eric bana confirming hes one of my favourite australian identities...
fav quote "oh ya slvt, haha"

DirtyHarry
17th November 2009, 07:06 AM
yeah it was a good episode. they actually seemed to give/present more info about the cars they were reviewing, especially that last part with the bmw/merc.
and eric bana was alright too, however this episode must have been shot few weeks ago.

Vectracious
18th November 2009, 07:29 PM
who else had to download those dodgy codecs to watch the ep and now have their WMedia player stuff up.... have had to go back to VLC which I don't like because it flickers a lot more than WMedia Player

poita
18th November 2009, 07:33 PM
nah not at all mate, just watched it through my ps3 :D

if your having trouble with codecs, try this if you havent already

klite codec pack

http://content11.wuala.com/contents/dziweb/codecs/K-Lite_Codec_Pack_540_Mega.exe

Vectracious
18th November 2009, 07:35 PM
nah not at all mate, just watched it through my ps3 :D

if your having trouble with codecs, try this if you havent already

klite codec pack

http://content11.wuala.com/contents/dziweb/codecs/K-Lite_Codec_Pack_540_Mega.exe

cool - will install these ones and see how it goes.

chrissn89
18th November 2009, 07:36 PM
My windows media player on W7 worked perfectly.

But just in case ive always got an up to date install of VLC.

Unlucky id say pete

Vectracious
18th November 2009, 07:38 PM
My windows media player on W7 worked perfectly.

But just in case ive always got an up to date install of VLC.

Unlucky id say pete

yeah, still on Vista and XP here - it was my XP machine that fell over with the .mkv extension - so googled it and downloaded the first codec pack that it came up with which was from some open source mob called CCCP (had the old russian flag and everything)

chrissn89
18th November 2009, 07:41 PM
did you download the 704mb file or the bigger (HD) 1gb+ file??

the 704mb file is an '.avi' on my computer...

CCCD lol ;)

poita
18th November 2009, 07:41 PM
.mkv where the hell you find that?

mines an .avi

Hackstra
18th November 2009, 07:46 PM
such a great episode to start off the new season!

Vectracious
18th November 2009, 07:55 PM
did you download the 704mb file or the bigger (HD) 1gb+ file??

the 704mb file is an '.avi' on my computer...

CCCD lol ;)

:blush: whoops - is it CCCD? hahahahaha - yeah it was that I guess

.mkv where the hell you find that?

mines an .avi

I have the 1.4GB 720i file as chris guessed - the .avi wasn't out on Monday when I looked on *cough cough splutter*

chrissn89
18th November 2009, 07:58 PM
:blush: whoops - is it CCCD? hahahahaha - yeah it was that I guess

I have the 1.4GB 720i file as chris guessed - the .avi wasn't out on Monday when I looked on *cough cough splutter*

haha ooops i ment to say CCCP, guess that happens when your tired and not wearing glasses.

720i that'll be why :cool:

dieselhead
18th November 2009, 09:24 PM
Downloaded the 720p file, installed Media Player Classic the codecs and hit play. Was so impressed with the results that grabbed the 1080p Polar Challenge over night, too. Smooth as butter, looks Bluray good! Watching on a 55" Samsung LED LCD, connected to my HTPC via HDMI. The Transfagarasan segment is simply motor show heaven. Too bad is so short though, hope there is going to be more on the TG website.

GreyRex
19th November 2009, 07:51 AM
such a great episode to start off the new season!

+1

Really enjoyed the entire show

Shay
19th November 2009, 09:53 AM
who else had to download those dodgy codecs to watch the ep and now have their WMedia player stuff up.... have had to go back to VLC which I don't like because it flickers a lot more than WMedia Player

Mac/quicktime FTW
no codecs for me...

gman
19th November 2009, 11:51 AM
Mine is an MKV file too...1.2Gb or there abouts...

Excellent episode too. Just a shame about the rain...

Vectracious
19th November 2009, 08:47 PM
Mac/quicktime FTW
no codecs for me...

I'd rather muck around with codecs :p

dieselhead
19th November 2009, 09:35 PM
Me too. There is no standalone player to come close in quality to a computer with the right hardware and properly configured codecs. The video processing power of a $60 graphics card today is simply ridiculous. In a good way. I play a BD with a few shaders active for maximum video quality while downloading a few torrents and browsing the web with CPU at 35% and GPU at 20%.

ROCCO
22nd November 2009, 09:45 PM
An epic episode, it really was. But then, I'm biased, being Romanian... However, look at that road and tell me you wouldn't like letting a super car loose there! I have driven on it a few times, not super cars like the TG boys, but it was incredible fun. After watching them being amazed by the Stelvio Pass a couple of seasons back, I thought it was not bad, but there's one better, in Romania. And you know what? Clarkson thinks that's the case, too.

Nice to know there is a fellow Romanian on the site. I to have driven that road...I stayed in Romania for 3 months my uncle told me about that road so I hired a nice car from a car hire joint in Transilvania (located in Sibu for all those that don't know)...was a Golf R32...the noise and that road....pure driving pleasure...I can't describe it too you.
I drove it six times you can never get sick of it

Jerram
23rd November 2009, 09:31 PM
I hear this week they're building their own electric cars (lol TGA ripoff) heh that's a bad sign.

Shay
23rd November 2009, 10:01 PM
hopefully should find out in a couple of hours ;)

poita
23rd November 2009, 10:07 PM
hopefully should find out in a couple of hours ;)

:)

Shay
23rd November 2009, 10:11 PM
:)

atm 13 hours :yikes::mad::(

poita
23rd November 2009, 10:15 PM
4 1/2 here

Shay
23rd November 2009, 10:17 PM
just did a connection test, no im not capped yep,

holy shit dropped to 10kb, 23hrs FTL

chrissn89
23rd November 2009, 10:25 PM
took 3.23hr at an avg. of 50kb/s DL and UL at 25kb/s only because i capped it.

i started at lunch time before work.

gmonkey
24th November 2009, 01:01 AM
Green Stig! lol

SIMid
24th November 2009, 07:19 PM
I hear this week they're building their own electric cars (lol TGA ripoff) heh that's a bad sign.

Not their finest but still better than TGA.

"Let's call Hammond ............" *LMAO*

Vectracious
24th November 2009, 10:39 PM
"let's call hammond ............" *lmao*

ROFLMAO

I'm guessing JC will get into trouble for that one as well...

Shay
25th November 2009, 01:03 AM
thought it was a bit of a let down compared to last weeks...

SIMid
25th November 2009, 07:27 AM
ROFLMAO

I'm guessing JC will get into trouble for that one as well...

James's expression was priceless, you could tell it wasn't staged. *LOL*

But for JC, he'll talk his way out of it like always.

gmonkey
1st December 2009, 02:42 AM
BAHAHHA the latest episode was hilarious!! love james at the airport :p

and the stratos was insane on the track i want one!

SIMid
1st December 2009, 07:27 AM
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Lancias galore I read!!! Cant wait till the download finishes. :cornut:

gmonkey
1st December 2009, 11:16 AM
yeh was a "i love lancia" episode :p really good episode

DWS 92
1st December 2009, 11:25 AM
AWW, COME ON!!.. I hate my internet.. Won't be able to download it till Sunday :(

poita
1st December 2009, 06:22 PM
bout to watch it now :D

sooty
1st December 2009, 06:26 PM
Eh, this ep was average, nothing special

chrissn89
1st December 2009, 06:30 PM
have to agree with Ain on that, wasnt that great..

poita
1st December 2009, 07:11 PM
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Lancias galore I read!!! Cant wait till the download finishes. :cornut:

yes indeed it is, you will be in your element.

might give you some inspiration to get yours done :p :p

SIMid
2nd December 2009, 07:39 AM
yes indeed it is, you will be in your element.

might give you some inspiration to get yours done :p :p

Hope my Panelbeater has watched it as a good reminder that my car is NEXT! :mad:

Gonna watch it tonight. :D

Jerram
2nd December 2009, 10:22 AM

after watching a heap of eps from the nineties and 2002-3 I'll give a big +1 to that

SIMid
3rd December 2009, 06:43 AM
The Airship story was very much a TGA style attempt, getting somewhere but ended up going nowhere.

But this epi was special to me. :D :D :D :D :D

I was going to say Lancia as the all time greatest car maker from their previous epi, but thought my ownership would be too bias. *LOL* Plus with their querkiness I thought they would never even dream of picking them! I guess that's what makes them a bit special, like Alfas and Fiats do to some.

I have met a couple of Calibra owners who have either owned a Lancia or wanted to have one, so there is a link there somewhere. *LOL*

Great story about Lancias though, even for those who dont know anything about them or get confused with the word Lancer with Lancia. :rolleyes:

USC
4th December 2009, 06:40 PM
I love the name Lancia Delta! Sounds sophisticated :)

Top Gear UK is da best!

Vectracious
4th December 2009, 07:41 PM
I have to admit, I kind of agree about the coming up with Lancia being the best car manufacturer ever - for a company that has produced few models (compared to say Ford or VW or BMW) - they've had quite a bit of success in rallying and a lot of their cars (even the new ones which are just rebodied Fiats as mentioned on TG) are fantastic looking.

Shay
6th December 2009, 03:40 PM
yeh was a "i love lancia" episode :p really good episode

YEAH!!! will look forward to DL'ing a couple of eps as soon as i get home, love lancia, give me a Delta or a Stratos any day of the week!!!!

oneightoo
7th December 2009, 11:04 AM
whats the website that you get the torrents from??

oneightoo
7th December 2009, 11:05 AM
never mind, just found it...

poita
7th December 2009, 11:20 AM
episode 4 season 14 now up

poita
7th December 2009, 04:06 PM
gah its soooo painfully slow

djlech
7th December 2009, 06:04 PM
already on my pc :)

gmonkey
7th December 2009, 06:07 PM
whats the website that you get the torrents from??
yeh sucks without mininova now days :( boys at finalgear are keeping it alive but :)

gmonkey
7th December 2009, 06:09 PM
just starting to stream last nights episode now :)

gmonkey
7th December 2009, 06:11 PM
i thought they did the airport vehicle racing before??

gmonkey
7th December 2009, 06:59 PM
did i see a corsa vxr in a pipe?! :)
Correction it was Renault Twingo Sport.. NOM NOM NOM ill have one! Almost lost it but!! lol POOR RENAULT!

Brucey
7th December 2009, 09:02 PM
Just watched Episode 4 online and it was so boring

Too many fancy stunts, boring cars, news segment had no news. Hardly any focus on cars this season more into fancy films and stunts.

Used to be a big fan but with this episode i skipped through most of it. Last few seasons were alot better.

poita
7th December 2009, 09:03 PM
54% :mad:

chrissn89
7th December 2009, 10:28 PM
54% :mad:
what speed are you getting pete??

poita
7th December 2009, 10:28 PM
97%

going from 20kb up to 150kb like a friggin yo-yo

chrissn89
7th December 2009, 10:34 PM
97%

going from 20kb up to 150kb like a friggin yo-yo

Yeah mine isnt any better, i wonder why this ep is downloading so crappy :mad:

Vectracious
8th December 2009, 11:00 PM
Hilarious!!! :D :D

sooty
8th December 2009, 11:09 PM
I actually thought this ep was quite funny too :thumbs:

week off next week tho, stupid BBC

Vectracious
8th December 2009, 11:19 PM
I had to look up what was in Night Nurse (we dont have it here in Oz) - what a combo of OTC shit!!!

Vectracious
16th December 2009, 09:24 PM
Just saw a promo on Channel 9 - looks like TGUK will be on Ch 9 from 2010!!!

What's the bet they will relegate it to some dodgy timeslot.... :(

poita
16th December 2009, 09:25 PM
yer it is Pete, and Shane Warne is hosting it.

I shit you not

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24632&highlight=warne

Shay
16th December 2009, 11:24 PM
Just saw a promo on Channel 9 - looks like TGUK will be on Ch 9 from 2010!!!

What's the bet they will relegate it to some dodgy timeslot.... :(

I shit you not

OMG shane is doin the UK show :yikes:

you ditz poita! :lol:

poita
16th December 2009, 11:30 PM
oh u know what i meant, smart ass

Shay
16th December 2009, 11:36 PM
oh u know what i meant, smart ass

:D

yeah but hell not happy with the move to 9. they gonna fudge start times and stuff.

on sbs i could be 100% sure that if i turn on at 7:31 i would see the intro.

btm
17th December 2009, 09:04 AM
and how will they fit it in an hour time slot with all the ads they will pump into it?!?

DWS 92
17th December 2009, 09:15 AM
They'll probably cut out the news like they used to do on SBS, and heaps of other parts in the show.. I hate channel 9 with a passion.

Vectracious
17th December 2009, 01:11 PM

I shit you not

Derrr - I even posted in that thread..... :rolleyes: Early onset Alzheimers...

Still sucks though - even though I get the new eps as they come out on the BBC - I'd like to watch the whole program when it is on the TV anyway.

SIMid
18th December 2009, 12:03 PM
They'll probably cut out the news like they used to do on SBS, and heaps of other parts in the show.. I hate channel 9 with a passion.

or fill it with ads and stretch it for an hour and a half.

dieselhead
21st December 2009, 03:19 PM
Just watched the new episode. I would say don't bother, is really boring. Honest, this season went down since the first one. Hope next week 75 minutes special, when they cross South America, will be worth watching.

sooty
21st December 2009, 03:45 PM
One of the guys behind top gear responds to comments about the performance of this season here (http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2009/12/20/series-14-where-were-at/)

Shay
21st December 2009, 04:06 PM
grrr, can someone plz PM me where to get the avi version, cant play mkv

chrissn89
21st December 2009, 06:15 PM
what kind of DL speeds you guys getting on the MKV file? Mines sheet house

sooty
21st December 2009, 06:20 PM
averaging about 50kb/s on the avi

Vectracious
21st December 2009, 07:13 PM
grrr, can someone plz PM me where to get the avi version, cant play mkv

download the new DivX codec's - the latest ones have .mkv playback.

Vectracious
21st December 2009, 07:22 PM
One of the guys behind top gear responds to comments about the performance of this season here (http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2009/12/20/series-14-where-were-at/)

I agree with everything he has said - especially the bit about if you don't like it - don't watch it. :cool:

chrissn89
21st December 2009, 07:38 PM
well mines not doing too bad then its hovering around 50kbps aswell. Ive got a few other downloads going. Swapped over to the .avi thought cause the MKV basically stopped

gmonkey
22nd December 2009, 12:28 PM
I have to ask.. noble m600... is that astra headlights that have been salvaged??? its very close IMO (not the full plastic surround ones, appears to be 2 different types, see TGUK S14E5 @ 10:02)

gmonkey
22nd December 2009, 12:43 PM
some say he has a massive chin.... and he does he's david coulthard :p love it!

gmonkey
22nd December 2009, 12:49 PM
poor astra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poita
22nd December 2009, 10:55 PM
poor astra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its ok, its a rental ROFL

SIMid
24th December 2009, 07:32 AM
Not too bad an episode, something different for a change. Didnt mind some of the artwork they had displayed.

gmonkey
24th December 2009, 11:55 PM
loved the BMW they did lol :p

that button collage was cool too i want it

gmonkey
27th December 2009, 02:12 PM
waiting for boxing day special episode......

Shay
28th December 2009, 11:53 PM
South america special: really good ay!!!!

gmonkey
29th December 2009, 12:49 AM
go the fj40! ahhahah i was hoping for a lada niva!

gmonkey
3rd January 2010, 05:28 PM
was topgear UK on last night?? i remember seeing the finalgear's count down and it being 1 day.... maybe i was dreaming it??

dieselhead
4th January 2010, 12:56 PM
well, you were not dreaming, it aired this morning so when i write this it should be available for dl.

chrissn89
4th January 2010, 01:01 PM
well, you were not dreaming, it aired this morning so when i write this it should be available for dl.

Sure is, was up at 10.12am. Just picked up in speed from ~20kbps to ~60kbps, fingers crossed mines finished in about 1hr and 30mins.

"And a reminder — this is the last episode of the current season. They’ll be back sometime this summer (late June based on previous seasons)."

gmonkey
4th January 2010, 01:03 PM
Sure is, was up at 10.12am. Just picked up in speed from ~20kbps to ~60kbps, fingers crossed mines finished in about 1hr and 30mins.

"And a reminder — this is the last episode of the current season. They’ll be back sometime this summer (late June based on previous seasons)."

but the finalgear countdown says one week now??

-edit- it says finished airing now :(

chrissn89
4th January 2010, 01:06 PM
but the finalgear countdown says one week now??

-edit- it says finished airing now :(

that quote is from finalgear.

mine says "The latest episode of Top Gear finished airing 6 hours, 5 minutes, and 22 seconds ago."

Shay
4th January 2010, 03:45 PM
only 380 Mb for the avi?!?! all the others have been 700, whats goin on

chrissn89
4th January 2010, 03:50 PM
only 380 Mb for the avi?!?! all the others have been 700, whats goin on

the .AVI is 549mb Shay

Im watching it as we speak, no issues with quality

Shay
4th January 2010, 03:50 PM
want to NOT Pm me a link?

CORZZA
4th January 2010, 08:50 PM
New insignia VXR is on the next episode :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j95WrcLJseE

dieselhead
4th January 2010, 10:17 PM
The Insignia VXR is one damn fine car by the looks of it. I'd have one over anything that HSV can do.
Opel should open dealerships across Oz ASAP. Bloody hell, Fiat, Peugeot and Citroen are shifting cars still, I can't imagine Opel selling less units when you think Corsa, Astra and Insignia!!!

daaaaavek
4th January 2010, 11:03 PM
It might be reasonable to suggest GM sold off Opel with a non-compete clause to the effect that Opel can't impinge on current GM markets like Australia until 'x' number of years down the track...

dieselhead
4th January 2010, 11:28 PM
Oh well, if that is the case, I hope GM goes belly up soon or start making proper cars, like the Insignia.

Vectracious
5th January 2010, 12:14 AM
If people didn't buy Opels when they were sold by Holden, why would they buy them not being sold by Holden?

Your average Aussie car buyer would not make the link between the Holden Astra and an Opel - they are going to see an unknown brand at a premium price and stay away in droves...... It is not a sound business case for Opel to come back to Australia in any form.

sooty
5th January 2010, 03:25 PM
Insignia still just looks average in my eyes, the LF-A however, stunning, and the sound :yikes:

nuggz
5th January 2010, 03:31 PM
Insignia still just looks average in my eyes, the LF-A however, stunning, and the sound :yikes:

+1
that section blew me away

the way the thing revs
and the dash computer thingy
oh wow

Shay
5th January 2010, 04:07 PM

+1
that section blew me away

the way the thing revs
and the dash computer thingy
oh wow

OMFG +1

adn the comic book effects (most of them) were really awesome too

Vectracious
5th January 2010, 07:55 PM
yeah - the LF-A sounded awesome.... but most V10's do :D

poita
5th January 2010, 07:57 PM
pratical family car, Insignia :D

if i get rid of the Mazda 6 I have to leave her with something she can use

CORZZA
6th January 2010, 06:42 AM
I will be going to have a look for that

gmonkey
12th July 2010, 12:31 AM
barrichello on tonights show :) shall be interesting to see his lap time vs button and webber and douche bag hamilton

Ranga from harry potter on (ill be skipping Star in reasonably priced car part then :p)

Chevvy Camaro NOM NOM NOM aswell

p.s. ive been drinking

gmonkey
12th July 2010, 01:00 PM
last nights episode of the saloon comparassion was awesome :) love the mazza... the porsche sounded like shit aswell as looking crap!

gmonkey
12th July 2010, 01:34 PM

bloody astra drivers :p

poita
12th July 2010, 03:09 PM
dont ruin it for me you butt munchers.

and a black pos astra at that!

gmonkey
12th July 2010, 03:23 PM
I wa more talking about the guy standing in his jocks at his door where the astra is lol...

If u don't want it ruined don't read the topgear thread then :p

ChrisMaz
12th July 2010, 03:50 PM
Would love that Maserati Quatraporte

gmonkey
12th July 2010, 03:52 PM
yeh the mazza had everything going for it except the rear i dont like...

the aston looked the best over all but couldnt stand the interior doesnt suit the car

and porsche has nothing going for it IMO

JMZ
15th July 2010, 12:27 PM
I think I'm in live with the German (?) woman that drives on their show every once in a while. :swg:

You know the one lads.....she drove a van around the Nurburgring in under 10 mins and she was racing Mini's againast Clarkson the other night (repeat?).

Clarkson was right, she's a champ at oversteer and she's taller and better looking than Hammond! LOL

gmonkey
15th July 2010, 12:35 PM
Sabina or watever her name was..

poita
15th July 2010, 01:29 PM
sabine schmidt

http://renntv.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=199&g2_serialNumber=2

JMZ
15th July 2010, 06:34 PM
The photo doesn't do her any justice but yeah, she's the one.

btm
16th July 2010, 07:37 AM
isnt she the nurb driver chick?

nuggz
16th July 2010, 08:59 AM
isnt she the nurb driver chick?

yep!
probably lapped the ring more then anyone alive at the moment

btm
16th July 2010, 09:05 AM
impressive!

gmonkey
20th July 2010, 06:11 PM
All I have to say about most recent ep... Lol at the cliffface ahahah

poita
20th July 2010, 08:27 PM
could see that coming from a mile away though!

do you have ham - no
do you have steak - no
do you have butter - no

:lol: :lol: :lol:

gmonkey
20th July 2010, 08:43 PM
I didn't expect them actually let it fall off.. I was expecting them to leave it hanging over the edge or tip it

SIMid
20th July 2010, 09:41 PM
Best Ep so far for this season.

Greggy
22nd July 2010, 04:22 AM
i've missed the first few - caught it on sunday and laughed my arse off at the 'build a motor home' skit.... funny at f**k !!!!!!

cant wait for the next ones !!! - Bring it on !!!!!!

dieselhead
22nd July 2010, 07:16 AM
Only two episodes to go in this season... #5 available on a final gear near you right now :)

sooty
26th July 2010, 03:17 PM
Number 5 is absolutely amazing, in my top 5 for sure.
IMHO, if you don't normally download but like top gear, you would kick yourself for not getting this episode.

SIMid
26th July 2010, 03:52 PM
Number 5 is absolutely amazing, in my top 5 for sure.
IMHO, if you don't normally download but like top gear, you would kick yourself for not getting this episode.

Should be downloaded by the time I get home.

But the big talk is about an Oompa-Loompa that drives the reasonably priced car. Hope it's as good as the hype is.

gmonkey
26th July 2010, 04:02 PM
Cruise and Diaz are douches :p

boorny88
26th July 2010, 04:21 PM
were do you guys download it from

guy 27
26th July 2010, 04:33 PM
I have a friend in the uk who records it on a VHS tape for me. He then puts it in a bottle and flushes it down his toilet. It works it's way into the ocean via fast flowing currents. I then start doing a rain dance which causes a funnel to pick it up into the skys and travels all the way to my location. I then start a fire causing the humidity to drop and it starts raining and hits me on the head. I then webcam a stream via my 8head player to eztv.it who kindly place a link for the world to get their copy from.

hazrd
26th July 2010, 04:56 PM
:lol:

dieselhead
26th July 2010, 05:58 PM
Best.Top.Gear.Episode.EVER! No gimmicks, no goofy stuff, just amazing cars and the Senna doco that got me to tears... I absolutely loved this one.

poita
26th July 2010, 06:49 PM
oh such a tough choice, hope i can get it in before good news week

Jerram
27th July 2010, 09:55 AM
great episode this week.

hazrd
27th July 2010, 10:11 AM
Best.Top.Gear.Episode.EVER! No gimmicks, no goofy stuff, just amazing cars and the Senna doco that got me to tears... I absolutely loved this one.

+1
im not as big of an F1 fan as most, but was still touched by it. i knew he was good, but damn!!

gmonkey
27th July 2010, 11:07 AM
Love that overtake he did on those 2cars when they're watching his lap

hazrd
27th July 2010, 11:18 AM
Love that overtake he did on those 2cars when they're watching his lap

5th to 1st in one lap :eek:

poita
27th July 2010, 11:21 AM
overall best ep ever

i still think the last segment of the last ep of s14 was the best segment ever

really made you think

sooty
27th July 2010, 11:23 AM
overall best ep ever

i still think the last segment of the last ep of s14 was the best segment ever

really made you think
That the one where he's driving the Aston and announces what he believes to be the end of the supercar?

poita
27th July 2010, 11:24 AM
yer thats the one Ain

and tbh i think thats one of the best segments in ANY show ever, car related or not

gmonkey
27th July 2010, 11:42 AM
5th to 1st in one lap :eek:

On slicks in the wet aswell!

gmonkey
27th July 2010, 11:51 AM
Was I only one who didn't care for clarkson plus Aston martin drive :p maybe I should watch it again

sooty
24th June 2011, 11:28 AM
2 days :D

sooty
27th June 2011, 02:37 PM
First episode of season 17 now available, surprised more people weren't interested when i mentioned it was only 2 days to go! :p

poita
27th June 2011, 02:40 PM
Already watched it :p

Good start to the season

HoldenAstra
27th June 2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks for reminding me!!!

gmonkey
27th June 2011, 03:37 PM
yummy skeleton girl :p

Daisy
27th June 2011, 04:41 PM

dieselhead
27th June 2011, 06:07 PM
Loved every second of this one! And it wasn't even the one featuring the RS200 :)

ChrisMaz
27th June 2011, 06:08 PM
Was a very good season premier, Loved the E Type segment.

chrissn89
27th June 2011, 06:27 PM
Downloading now cant wait :)

gman
27th June 2011, 06:55 PM
will have tonight.. :)

sooty
28th January 2015, 06:27 PM
Rather than start a new thread, Season 22 Episode 1 is now available from your local video store! Also recommend the Patagonia Special

chrissn89
28th January 2015, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the reminder completely forgot to rent both.

poita
28th January 2015, 10:28 PM
Great start to the season. Ten episodes will be good too!

Sent from Sega Mega System

SilentShout
29th January 2015, 02:23 AM
Wasnt a huge fan of episode 1 of S22, they were too focused on the race tbh, I like the traditional episodes where they have a few cars that they play with and a minor but funny underlying theme (Such as a race) playing throughout the ep.

I agree with their review on the lambo though, Huge disappointment from them with that model.

I would love to see them do an opel themed ep or segment with old and new opel models in there. Like pitting all the corsa's against each other etc, (secretly to see how my C would fair up :P )

but thats just wishful thinking. :)

We will see what the series holds.

On a side note, im a fan of GOT, but i thoroughly despise this whole "10 episodes per season/half season" s**t going on right now because that show encouraged the template.

:facepalm2: Gone are the days where seasons of any show went for 18-25 episodes :(

Raisin
29th January 2015, 11:31 AM
Agreed, I feel like it isn't a real season if there aren't atleast 20 episodes.

gman
29th January 2015, 12:49 PM
Will be renting tonight for sure...

poita
29th January 2015, 01:23 PM
Afaik Ep 2 will be the Australia Ep and Ep 3 will have Daniel Ricciardo in the studio

sooty
29th January 2015, 04:53 PM
Yeah I heard the same about episode 2, with a Bentley continental and m6 plus one other

Elliot_O
29th January 2015, 05:45 PM
It's an r35 GTR as well

poita
2nd February 2015, 12:40 PM
Rented the latest episode and watched it this morning.
So awesome

DJM83
2nd February 2015, 02:53 PM
Rented it today, awesome. Best ive seen in a while.

LOL plum sack. So many funnies in it.

SilentShout
3rd February 2015, 08:24 AM
Watching ep2 currently, im curious as to why they have VIC plated cars in the NT [emoji14]

And then they are back to brit plates in the studio :P

haha was a good ep i quite enjoyed it. Much better than just a race as they put the cars through a variety of tasks.

quick question though, did anyone notice the cow at around 52mins?? :P

hazrd
3rd February 2015, 11:49 AM
Nissan and BMW head offices are in Melbourne. Bentley head office is in NSW. All press cars get picked up from head office (or at least trailered from)

sooty
3rd February 2015, 02:07 PM
How funny was the bull!

hazrd
3rd February 2015, 06:38 PM
How funny was the bull!

:rofl1:

How funny was the bull!

:rofl1:

also i cbf editing my posts anymore, so they will be double posted from now on (when it happens)

Jen
3rd February 2015, 07:26 PM
That bull was hilarious. We even breed our bulls to take no shit!

SilentShout
10th February 2015, 12:08 AM
I liked Episode 3, Had many laughs especially between hammond's and clarkson's patient delivery methods :)

Im still not enjoying the fact that they are steering clear of the traditional "car reviews"

I always liked that aspect of the show. Watching rich people drive and talk about cars I will never be able to afford :cryin:

poita
10th February 2015, 12:18 AM
Yep agree, has turned into a comedy skit show more than a car show

Elliot_O
11th February 2015, 04:36 PM
What was everyone's opinions of the Patagonia incidents?

SilentShout
11th February 2015, 04:38 PM
Potentially staged to add "drama"

They joke about it far too often for me to feel it was as serious as they made it out to be.

poita
11th February 2015, 06:02 PM
Was a big deal in papers at the time, was legit angry mob

SilentShout
11th February 2015, 06:06 PM
"...Big deal in the Papers..."

And like that, you've lost me. :)

Pic unrelated.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/11/6c12ea2a359d1c011a1f762403541dd3.jpg

mondo
11th February 2015, 06:50 PM
not staged, stupid move by Clarkson and the producers. Underestimated the feeling of animosity the Argies feel towards the Brits, especially the Veterans. I've a mate who fought on the British side. It was a short, but particularly bloody war. To think there'd be no backlash was a naive move on TG's part. could have gotten someone badly hurt or worse. I thought the wearing of Chilean flag badges on their lapels in episode 1 was in poor taste too.

SilentShout
16th February 2015, 12:29 PM
Just finished Episode 4 and tbh I loved it. went back to its roots as a car show :)

Im sure there are others that dont share the same point of view. But meh, Enjoyed it thoroughly :)

poita
16th February 2015, 03:11 PM
Yes def getting back to what it used to be.

Loving this series more with every episode.