PDA

View Full Version : McTwisties Friday Poll

McTwistie
6th November 2009, 02:13 PM
Advanced Driver Training

hazrd
6th November 2009, 02:26 PM
i have a certificate :D to show completion of one of the Murcotts courses they had at Sandown

was a real eye opener... one of the things we did was about braking distances and we did a re-enactment of that commercial with the two falcons braking at 60km and 65km

the "truck" was a pair of road cones, in all of our cars (was in my commodore) we were asked to smash the brakes on at 60km, then 65kmh

was interesting, at 60kmh i missed the cones, and at 65kmh i ploughed right over them (thus, making my commodore slightly lower at the front due to a trucks underbody if it were real)

funny thing was, there was a guy in an old 1985 ford laser, no ABS no safety whatsoever, he ploughed over the cones and skidded into the next part of the course :lol: but goes to show how he would have faired up against a truck at 65

Wraith
6th November 2009, 04:58 PM
Not another Friday poll LOL :lol:

Actually, this is a good one McTwistie - I've always said, advanced driver courses should become mandatory or standard and passed by all in order to obtain a drivers licence ;)

mania
6th November 2009, 05:54 PM
Oops :$ not enough caffeine, was thinking Performance Driving Course on reading this :p. Want to do one, have not.

Shay
6th November 2009, 06:47 PM
Oops :$ not enough caffeine, was thinking Performance Driving Course on reading this :p. Want to do one, have not.

that counts alex ;)

Shay
6th November 2009, 06:49 PM
- done a couple
- want to do more
- they are pretty expensive tho
- and i plan to do another one soon.
- other... just all the above put together...

poita
6th November 2009, 06:51 PM
Not another Friday poll LOL :lol:

Actually, this is a good one McTwistie - I've always said, advanced driver courses should become mandatory or standard and passed by all in order to obtain a drivers licence ;)

so true Ange, so true.

The problem is with this though is the location of these places.

I would have to drive 400km~ to get to the closest one.

Many have been shut down due to 'undue noise'

One I'm aware of that was shut down because of this. A new housing estate went in, and they complained.
Driving centre gone.

What did they replace it with, a 4 lane highway lol

btm
9th November 2009, 11:09 AM
done one with ian luff, would like to do more

2002_XC
10th November 2009, 09:48 AM
Ive done an Urgent Duty Driving course which allows me to drive a cop car with lights and sirens.... that was fun:D

woody
29th November 2009, 12:01 PM
I did a car control course with Peter Finlay at Oran Park, went through advanced and defensive driving skills. Well worth the cash and a real eye opener, teaches the limitations of your car, which in my case were much further than I thought.