PDA

View Full Version : Low-Low-Lowww

Clarky__SRi
29th October 2009, 09:55 PM
Supp everyone,

Kinda have a dilemma at the moment when it comes to lowering my car :(
As you know there's a UK site for corsa c's (www.corsa-c.co.uk) and the majority of the guys on there deck there cars with coilovers.....But i think you have to get the tracking and all that shit done once you do that, plus im not sure how easy it is to wind them down & would this require me going to a garage????...

Sooo im not sure which would be better,
Coilovers or Springs????

Comments/Opinions/Advice welcome :D

Thanks!

poita
29th October 2009, 10:05 PM
if you want to have it reallllll low then yes, coilovers would be the best bet.

from what i have seen you get a giant wrench lookin thingy and you can change it up/down yourself.

kinda like this.

http://www.gpiperformance.com/images/Skunk2-Spanner-Wrench.jpg

ps. DO IT!!!!!

gmonkey
30th October 2009, 12:27 AM
coilovers = WIN.. cost about same as lowering springs and shocks and have same effect + more customisable

mr corsa
30th October 2009, 07:45 AM
i have adjustable coilovers and never changed the height from my first setting i set them at

Clarky__SRi
30th October 2009, 08:53 AM
poita....Thanks for your help man! I was sooooo confussed on how to wind them down, nut if they come with that :D

gmonkey....I know ay, they look mad when their fully wound down on c's (100mm) :) + springs and new shocks seem to be a bit of a fuss, when you can go for coilovers and get the whole package.

mr_corsa....Really, what height you at now??? How was it to wind down, or did you take it to a garage??? Sorry for all the questions :o Haha

Clarky__SRi
30th October 2009, 08:54 AM
ps.

Coilovers - 3 (Vs) Springs - 0

Hahaa

sooty
30th October 2009, 10:43 AM
Good spring shock combo will handle far, far greater than cheap eBay crap coilovers. Only buy the coilovers if you're willing to spend the $2500-3500 to get bilsteins/h&r/kw etc

mr corsa
30th October 2009, 11:05 AM
done my own as for ride height 10mm front and 15mm rear from the std sri

nuggz
30th October 2009, 11:23 AM
ps.

Coilovers - 3 (Vs) Springs - 0

Hahaa

$ vs $

Comfort
handling
quality.

its really what your looking for.
as said above, a proper set of coilovers will set you back a pretty penny.
the cheapies are really just for looks

rjastra
30th October 2009, 11:40 AM
Not to mention that coilovers may void your insurance. Best to check with you insurance company. Also, there are stricter lawas regarding suspension changes being rolled out around Australia. In effect you may need to have you car engineered if you fit aftermarket suspension in some states.