PDA

View Full Version : Foxtel Iq Box

maloo97
29th October 2009, 05:06 PM
Hey all.

Currently with optus with Tv as i cant have foxtel because there are to many tree's in my area of the house and the signal is shithouse.

I would like to have the foxtel Iq box but because im through optus they dont offer it.

Also with Tivo its only free to air.

If i can some how get hold of a Iq box will it work ? ?

Thanks in advance

Dave.

hazrd
29th October 2009, 05:12 PM
probably not :(

the encryption that the boxes use, also the coding that optus use on their smart cards would make the IQ box pretty much go :dita: at the smart card and thus no worky...

maloo97
29th October 2009, 05:47 PM
This is the box i was looking at on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FOXTEL-OPTUS-PAY-TV-SET-IQ-TOP-BOX-RECEIVER-WITH-REMOTE_W0QQitemZ290363996663QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_ Electronics_Satellite_Pay_TV?hash=item439b0af9f7

Fair enough. Thanks Adam!

Kudrow
29th October 2009, 06:06 PM
iQ boxes will be locked to Foxtel. It will be a brick. Also, if you see any Foxtel or Austar boxes on eBay, best to leave them there. The decoders always remain the property of Foxtel or Austar and it would of been reported stolen and have a blacklisted serial number.

I don't think you can even put a Foxtel or Austar smartcard into your computer anymore - the encryption is set so you must use their box.

I used to have an Optus Aurora card - but that was Irdeto 1, I think they have changed their encryption too.

The trees in the way is a pretty poor excuse. Can't you cut them down?

maloo97
29th October 2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Kudrow - The tree's are massive gum tree's at least 8 of them surrounding my house!

Oh well no iq for me :(

poita
29th October 2009, 07:46 PM
power drill + round up :)

tivo is a just a glorified set top box.
throw a tv tuner in our computer, is better than a tivo box

Kudrow
29th October 2009, 09:05 PM
power drill + round up :)

tivo is a just a glorified set top box.
throw a tv tuner in our computer, is better than a tivo box

3/8 drill bit and a spray bottle with Tordon or this other one that starts with V - might be Vispan.

Tordon will kill the tree. Vispan will kill the tree and every other living thing in the yard for the next 7 years. :p

poita
29th October 2009, 09:08 PM
not that OpelAus would condone or encourage such things to be done

maloo97
29th October 2009, 09:15 PM
rofl thanks fella's