PDA

View Full Version : APS - Make Your Own Mind Up

TheOperator
29th October 2009, 03:33 PM
Well i was sent a link to this thread below from a friend in the States and since found out it is spreading car forums worldwide like hotcakes :yikes:

Its on import, muscle car forums etc etc!

It's a long thread so if you don't want to read it all the action begins around page 25 ;) However it's worth reading the whole thing ;)

All i have to say is i'd heard bad things here and there from different groups in Aus, but damn i would never buy anything from them after reading this!!! The guy in thread Peter is owner of APS, and the way he responds and mocks people etc is very poor :mad:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1165816-calling-out-aps.html

Wraith
29th October 2009, 04:34 PM
APS have a very good reputation and report over here though...

Have dealt with them myself (locally) and had no probs :)

TheOperator
29th October 2009, 05:02 PM
APS have a very good reputation and report over here though...

Have dealt with them myself (locally) and had no probs :)

I think it depends on what field you fall into, like i know for a fact that they burnt quite a few LS1 & 2 people with TT setups and not honoring warranties here in Aus and 3 people i know personally ;)

I myself used them in earlier days on a 00 WRX and the Stage 3 kit was fine till i decided it wasn't enough :o, however i know of many Subaru people that got burnt also :confused:

I guess with the thread i was pointing out poor business practice and contempt for backing products sold

hazrd
29th October 2009, 05:17 PM
woah

way to bag a company... obviously there are no slander rules mapped out on their forum :nonod:

Wraith
30th October 2009, 08:27 AM
I think it depends on what field you fall into, like i know for a fact that they burnt quite a few LS1 & 2 people with TT setups and not honoring warranties here in Aus and 3 people i know personally ;)

I myself used them in earlier days on a 00 WRX and the Stage 3 kit was fine till i decided it wasn't enough :o, however i know of many Subaru people that got burnt also :confused:

I guess with the thread i was pointing out poor business practice and contempt for backing products sold

Agree, it all depends on individual dealings and experiences :)

However as you've pointed out, given so many clients having a disastrous result and being dealt with in such a manner certainly dosn't do them any favours, that's for sure...

I must admit, if I were to ever deal with them again after learning the above, I'd be very, very cautious...

TheOperator
30th October 2009, 09:14 AM
woah

way to bag a company... obviously there are no slander rules mapped out on their forum :nonod:

That forum actually is very strict on such things!

If you look at the start of the thread it was all very civil and straight down the line, and there after all users followed that as they didn't want the thread locked just wanted answers to simple direct questions from Mr APS.

It got out of hand when Peter (APS) kept side stepping and ignoring direct questions and then had his dummy spit and started being a smug prick with smart ass answers ;)

TheOperator
30th October 2009, 01:46 PM
Another example of APS from one of my mates:

I purchased my 1999 STI from a Subaru dealer in 2000 for $60k on the road. It was second hand and only had 4,500k's on the clock.

For months I took it onto the track at WRX meetings and could not figure out why it did not run as well as my wife's 2000 STI. I upgraded the exhaust, installed an Autronic computer and cold air intake but she was still faster up the back straight of Sandown. I literally spent $1,000's trying to get it to go properly over the next 12-18 months but it wasn't until I took the car to BGT (in Vinnies day) for him to try and tune it on the dyno that the problem became apparent.

Vinne noticed that the revs seemed to be wrong for the speed it was showing on the dyno, "that's the sort of revs I see in a standard WRX" he says. Imagine smilies with light globe! Sure enough when we got into it the car had a standard WRX diff in the box and a standard WRX, non-LSD, diff in the rear. He also noted that the bonnet was also a standard WRX bonnet and not the lightweight version found on an STI.

Back to the dealership, which was very helpful, to request that the problems be fixed, after all I had purchased an STI from a Subaru dealership and I should expect to get what I paid for. We negotiated a settlement whereby they supplied all the parts, except the bonnet, and I would have them installed. I'm not unreasonable, they had purchased the car from a wholesaler and could not have been reasonably expected to know about the changes to the internals.

A title search done by the dealership revealed that the car was originally sold to, wait for it, APS, who I later found out put all the good bits into their track car and replaced them with WRX bits before selling the car back to the trade.

The dealer has since found that another WRX limited edition, which came into the workshop for a speedo error, had the same thing done to it. Guess what, the first owner again was, wait for it, APS.

The owner of that business, Peter Luxon, is about as trustworthy as an unsolicited mobile phone salesman and I would not piss on him if he was on fire.

He posted a video clip on his web site showing the 350Z, in his hands, travelling at speeds upward of 170kms on public roads, overtaking on double lines and generally acting like a total moron . He even had a clip of the car on the road in front of his business flat out in second, changing to third on a gravel patch, and stepping sideways towards an oncoming truck before getting it uncrossed . I love the message he is sending to the young drivers out there, drive how you want whenever you like without regard to the safety of the rest of the public. After the video had been there a while he heard about some of the complaints so he edited the video to remove his face from the mirror and distort the sound of his voice, but I have the original posted video showing him in all his stupidity.

He is an asshole of the worst kind and nothing would make me happier than seeing him go under!

I can testify to everything I have said personally other than the other WRX I was told about by the dealer and if pressed I can get the details about that to back up the claim so, Peter, if you read this UP YOURS

Anyone wanting to improve the performance of an XR6 Turbo should try Nizpro, they are more expensive but their kits do NOT break engines!

boorny88
30th October 2009, 03:39 PM
wow thats a tad dodgey hay stripping the good bits and putting standard rex parts on and still claiming its an sti like whats his deal hay i will bnever use him and i will tell mates to not use APS

gman
30th October 2009, 04:47 PM
I have had dealings with APS and Mr. Luxton's company also back when I had an STi and found them to be less than stellar in terms of, well anything...

Something backed up by the comments doing the rounds at present...