PDA

View Full Version : MW 2 with Third Person Gameplay.

ChrisMaz
27th October 2009, 11:38 PM
"Infinity Ward Community Manager Robert Bowling has confirmed the 3rd person perspective to Joystiq, saying "It's not something you can toggle on and off in ANY game. The special mode can only be played in private matches -- toggled on or off just like "Hardcore" settings -- or in playlists that are designated for third-person play," he said. "This is just another cool way to play the game, you obviously will still have the option to play gametypes normal as well." IGN followed up with Bowling confirming the accuracy of that report. " -IGN.com

Scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas or would you give it a go?

gmonkey
28th October 2009, 01:05 AM
i hate 3rd person shooters!!

ChrisMaz
28th October 2009, 01:42 AM

Likewise.

Its Optional though. Apparently only in Multiplayer server settings. So either everyone plays in third person. Or its the original FPS

I doubt it'd ever use it.

DEE-80Y
28th October 2009, 03:41 AM
I would try it, but I think I will be sticking with FPS.

Keep'emRunning
28th October 2009, 07:05 AM

+2 with a capital H!

So many good games have been ruined by the decision to go with 3rd person ( deepspace ,redfaction2 etc)

gmonkey
28th October 2009, 10:42 AM
Red faction 2 was fps pretty sure? Games like syphon filter and metal gear solid but are ok being 3rd person when there is enviroment interactions and stealth

ChrisMaz
17th February 2010, 04:04 AM
Only tried this gameplay style in the last 4 days. Shocking as most suspected. Close thread.

poita
17th February 2010, 08:39 AM
its been in COD MW2 from the start, online mulitplayer only.

and its fuked. i hate it, placed it once of twice and thats it.

give me deathmatch

btw lvl 38 second time round

gmonkey
17th February 2010, 10:56 AM
its just too easy.. as u can sit in cover on the corner and see around camping and waiting

MAD-16V
17th February 2010, 04:23 PM
btw lvl 38 second time round

I'm Level 63 2nd time around :)

You going to go again?