PDA

View Full Version : Portal is back!

Kudrow
24th October 2009, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone,

The Portal is back. The direct portal link is www.opelaus.com/forums/portal.php (http://www.opelaus.com/forums/portal.php). It is the new "homepage" after going from www.opelaus.com/forums (http://www.opelaus.com/forums) (welcome splash screen).

Thanks.

gmonkey
24th October 2009, 03:21 PM
i dont get the point of it :p

carab
24th October 2009, 04:27 PM
one stop place for everything currently going on around the site, threads, polls, pms, events etc. Very handy once you get the feel for it. I likey :D

glider
24th October 2009, 04:41 PM
winna, is there going to be any other access to it while browsing the forum (like a link on the bar across the top or making the banner goto it)?

poita
24th October 2009, 06:52 PM
winna, is there going to be any other access to it while browsing the forum (like a link on the bar across the top or making the banner goto it)?

short answer, yes

adam_92
24th October 2009, 07:06 PM
i dunno about other people but i like it and think its a step forward.

poita
24th October 2009, 07:18 PM
i dunno about other people but i like it and think its a step forward.

thats what its all about mate

Kudrow
24th October 2009, 08:12 PM
short answer, yes

There is a link down the bottom of the page. "OpelAus Forums", next to "Contact Us".

If you want it up the top of your page, turn your monitor upside down.

maloo97
24th October 2009, 08:38 PM
Very good move guys!

hazrd
24th October 2009, 09:33 PM
There is a link down the bottom of the page. "OpelAus Forums", next to "Contact Us".

but then it becomes too hard to type on my laptop.......

adam_92
24th October 2009, 09:51 PM
i know its a bit off topic but you could put the monthly feature car idea that was discussed on that page aswel if it goes ahead.

glider
25th October 2009, 11:34 AM

Please dont take this the wrong way but, that's very impractical, I have view mode set at 40 posts... so the only way to get back to the portal is to scroll down 40 posts, when I only was reading the 1st one (newest post). I'm not being lazy here, I'm just pointing out that with this design, cant see the portal being used much...

DirtyHarry
25th October 2009, 01:44 PM
i think it sux, when i come to the forum i dont want to go to a "portal" i want to go straight to the forum page.
to me its a hinderance and another extra step and confusing along with few other silly changes that were made to the forum.

poita
25th October 2009, 02:00 PM
i think it sux, when i come to the forum i dont want to go to a "portal" i want to go straight to the forum page.
to me its a hinderance and another extra step and confusing along with few other silly changes that were made to the forum.

the portal was on the forum for many years, was only recently taken off.

we had dozens of requests for its return, so it has.

just use http://www.opelaus.com/forums/index.php to bypass it

HoldenAstra
25th October 2009, 02:11 PM
seems the forum is OK to TPG atm:D

last month was a little frustrating

poita
25th October 2009, 02:26 PM
seems the forum is OK to TPG atm:D

last month was a little frustrating

thats good news mate, keep us updated if you have any dramas again