PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Alloys / Mags

McTwistie
22nd October 2009, 03:16 PM
I doubt there is any way to stop build-up of brake dust and road grime on your alloy/mag wheels, but there are a few products that claim to reduce the amount of grime, protect the wheels and make them easier to clean - not to mention giving them a nice sheen.

Any recommendations ?

btm
22nd October 2009, 03:32 PM
non-OEM pads ;)

McTwistie
22nd October 2009, 03:40 PM
Ceramics ?

Ok, What kind of pads ? Brand ? Model for Veccy-c !

nuggz
22nd October 2009, 03:42 PM
Ceramics ?

Ok, What kind of pads ? Brand ? Model for Veccy-c !

speak to gslrallysport
best low dust pad is the HPX

Wraith
22nd October 2009, 03:47 PM
non-OEM pads ;)

+ 1

As a cure for the above and better braking performance...

I'd stay away from 'product' on your rims (especially on aftermarket rims) as the paint finish can be adversely affected by some products, just wash them with the same shampoo and sponge or mit as you wash the cars duco with...

If you can't stand seeing them dirty (like me) just wash them more often...what I do is sometimes wash the wheels only, it only takes a fraction of the time as washing the whole car :)

GreyRex
22nd October 2009, 03:56 PM
Hmm, other than changing your pads to less dust prone ones, the only other thing you can really do is to keep them clean in the first place

tomtom
22nd October 2009, 05:49 PM
armor-all sells "wheel protector" which is just a spray-on, leave-on thing. I've found it does help reduce the brake dust.

Keyword there is "help". So instead of being 9/10 dirty, it becomes 6/10 dirty.

I've stopped using it lol.

BEK-46P
22nd October 2009, 09:42 PM
I remember seeing this Michelin-branded spray at Australia's Best where I get all my under-car services. Sells for about $20 a bottle, don't know if it's any good but it's supposed to repel brake dust.