sadavidsriturbo
22nd October 2009, 08:45 AM
That looks awesome :eek:

btm
22nd October 2009, 08:46 AM
not a huge fan... i do like the 26" rims though :D

ROCCO
22nd October 2009, 08:55 AM
jesus first thing this morning and a pants accident....Please I say again post a warning in the heading....*gone to change pants*

Wraith
22nd October 2009, 09:06 AM
It does look like the Mazda 3 "a little' - more a case of similar colour to Mazdas aluminium silver...

Back to the AJ there, it looks very, very nice...

3 door will definitely be a looker - what a pity we won't have them here...by far whats shaping out the be the best Astra ever and we can't have it :mad:

Shaun
22nd October 2009, 09:25 AM
That looks nice. The styling of the MK6 is quite good i think.

boorny88
22nd October 2009, 11:01 AM
that look i dnt mind at all looks very sporty and mean

PaulyJ
22nd October 2009, 11:19 AM
That looks fantastic!
Love it
As Ange said, if thats the 5-door... can't want to see what a modified 3-door will look like.

mania
22nd October 2009, 11:21 AM
Nice looking 5 door.. much better then stock. + they have great interiors... Can't believe we only have the Cruze and Epica to choose between :rolleyes:.

Wraith
22nd October 2009, 11:30 AM
Nice looking 5 door.. much better then stock. + they have great interiors... Can't believe we only have the Cruze and Epica to choose between :rolleyes:.

It's the GFC's fault as amongst all the other chaios, it killed GM Global...bloody yanks...

So not surprising GMH has to resort to bloody povo Daewoos...

Otherwise we could all be lining up for a new one of these...it's hard to imagine after all these years/decades we no longer have the Astra available :(

PaulyJ
22nd October 2009, 11:31 AM
I have a feeling they'll return...

Wraith
22nd October 2009, 11:34 AM
I have a feeling they'll return...

I hope your right Pauly and I hope it's sooner than later, although later would be better than never...:)

BEK-46P
22nd October 2009, 11:39 AM
http://www.modifiedcars.com/pix/cars_large/23772_37740.jpg

i want one :(

That is sooo ugly... NOT :D

How stunning would this look in pearl white with black racing stripes?! Someone should mock it up in Photoshop...

Shay
22nd October 2009, 07:09 PM
http://www.modifiedcars.com/pix/cars_large/23772_37740.jpg

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/2009_Mazda-3-MPS_029flip.jpg

mania
22nd October 2009, 07:11 PM
Bahaha those things crack me up. You'd think they'd get old..

I do see the face a bit in the Astra too. If the three had never come along I never would have noticed it though :(

imay
22nd October 2009, 07:15 PM
Wish you guys would stop teasing us with pix of an Astra we will never see in Oz!

In my opinion looks pretty good in standard trim . . . this version just makes it look even better. Better "face" than the Insignia (which I don't mind) and much, much cleaner lines (even in stock trim) than the 3!

Shay
22nd October 2009, 07:18 PM
Bahaha those things crack me up. You'd think they'd get old..

I do see the face a bit in the Astra too. If the three had never come along I never would have noticed it though :(

lol the 3 and astra look like family to me, not twins, but def siblings, lol

hazrd
22nd October 2009, 09:21 PM
zoom zoom..... goes my underwear...

USC
22nd October 2009, 11:45 PM
I prefer the mazda 3 mps:D..dont mind the eye lashes on the astra..not so sure about the bits stuck on each side of the bumper to make it sporty...needs a nicer looking front bumper I reckon. Love the wheels and side profile.

Wraith
23rd October 2009, 01:55 PM
Wish you guys would stop teasing us with pix of an Astra we will never see in Oz!

In my opinion looks pretty good in standard trim . . . this version just makes it look even better. Better "face" than the Insignia (which I don't mind) and much, much cleaner lines (even in stock trim) than the 3!

+ 1 totally agree on all counts...

I prefer the mazda 3 mps:D..dont mind the eye lashes on the astra..not so sure about the bits stuck on each side of the bumper to make it sporty...needs a nicer looking front bumper I reckon. Love the wheels and side profile.

As you know I too love the new MPS3 but this new AJ is definitely better looking IMHO...

However unlike the AJ we do have full access to the Mazda 3 range and I believe we will eventually see the MPS3 here in a greater colour selection (as is available for the lesser siblings) which should do wonders to its looks, especially in metallic/pearl white :)

UnKnOwN
23rd October 2009, 02:24 PM
nice lookin, is that audi r8 style leds in the headlights or just a line?

Wraith
23rd October 2009, 03:37 PM
nice lookin, is that audi r8 style leds in the headlights or just a line?

That's a good question...they look like just lines - BUT from 2012 onwards ALL new manufactured cars will have DDL's as standard by law !!! so they could very well be LEDS in there :)

My question on those same headlights is why are there 2 projector lamps in there ???

Most if not all newer designs have only one, the high beam being taken care of by a standard reflector or by the same 'single' projector with a Bi Xenon globe...

Could just be a chop job thing...

GreyRex
23rd October 2009, 05:40 PM
BUT from 2012 onwards ALL new manufactured cars will have DDL's as standard by law !!!

Where is this stated?

Wraith
26th October 2009, 08:56 AM
Where is this stated?

It's been discussed on the Audi forums...

Alot of people there 'not happy' that in time ALL cars will have those good looking DRL's which currently set Audis apart :lol:

Hell I'd be wrapped just to have an Audi full stop...ie. a good a proper new Audi :D

If I can find the link to the actual article I'll post it up :)