PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys, i need some help :)

hayleyanne.
20th October 2009, 09:38 AM
Ive just signed up and looking for some help, im trying to sell my 02 astra.
when i braught the car i was told it is an equipe city.
Ive had a few people interested but they have been asking what type of astra it is, i havnt seen anyother astra like it or that has the same kit on it, so all i can tell them is that i think its a 1.8 Equipe????
ive got all the paper work from when the car was purchased brand new from robina holden on the gold coast, all they have written in the contract is that its an astra???
if anyone can help me out that would be great :)

hear are some pic's...
im trying to sell it for around $10,500, no less than $9,000, its only got 87xxxkms and has already had its timing belt done, i braught it for $12,000 not too long ago.
do think its a good price?

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/haylz_smelly/102_0448.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/haylz_smelly/102_0451.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/haylz_smelly/102_0452.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/haylz_smelly/102_0446.jpg

Klunke_DK
20th October 2009, 10:40 AM
I dont think this is the right place to post this. You need to introduce yourself, not ask questions. But i do think its a fairly high price, and why dont you visit Holden and ask them what car it is your driving??

hazrd
20th October 2009, 11:40 AM
why dont you visit Holden and ask them what car it is your driving??

because they will say shes driving a commodore :p

I believe the Equipe and City are two different variants.....
However... looking at the wheels on it, it looks like the Equipe model (the astra guys will be able to confirm this)

James T
20th October 2009, 11:45 AM
I don't think you will get close to 11,500 for it. I was have been having trouble selling an '03 SRi with $10,000 on the ad.

Also, im pretty sure the timing belt is part of the 60,000 service in the log book.

Wraith
20th October 2009, 11:53 AM
Ask price is definitely too high !!!

Always go by a redbook or insurance market value once a vehicle is over 5 years old and price it accordingly to that, if you really want to move or sell it...

FYI:
* Private Price Guide $6,600 - $8,200

* Trade In Price Guide $4,300 - $5,900

* Average Km 110,000 - 180,000

Price Guide $21,990*

Despite yours having lower km's I would still price it under 10k.

Hope that helps :)

Keep'emRunning
20th October 2009, 12:10 PM
..didn't the equip come with electric windows/mirrors etc.. or was that CD only?

Looks like a base model city with a rear kit.

hayleyanne.
20th October 2009, 12:11 PM
it had the equip badges on the side, my bf took them off.
i thort it had all electronics aswell thats why im a bit confused....

thanks guys :)

USC
20th October 2009, 12:30 PM
The strange thing is the front bumper is missing the kit!! Looks like a modified CD to me. Equipe definitely had at least front power windows.

Asking price is too high. I would say around $6-7K. The car is 7 years old.

oneightoo
20th October 2009, 01:01 PM
The strange thing is the front bumper is missing the kit!! Looks like modified CD to me. Equipe definitely had at least front power windows.

nah my brothers 03 equipe has winders in the front and back..

Ginge
20th October 2009, 01:05 PM
the equipe got cruise control and alloys. no power mirrors, windows, abs or traction control. so its a city with extras. the rear wing is off a sri and the lower spoiler looks lke a talon 1. low ks but over priced!

Calibrated
20th October 2009, 01:08 PM
selling for money to go back to school? your english makes my head hurt.

Its "bought" not "braught".

mind you i've seen that term used a lot over here. so scrap that idea, dont go back to school, the schooling system here obviously fails at life.

J
20th October 2009, 01:08 PM
Ive just signed up and looking for some help, im trying to sell my 02 astra.
when i braught the car i was told it is an equipe city.
Ive had a few people interested but they have been asking what type of astra it is, i havnt seen anyother astra like it or that has the same kit on it, so all i can tell them is that i think its a 1.8 Equipe????

if anyone can help me out that would be great :)

Hey hayleyanne,

You car appears to be an early (first?) limited edition run of Astra Equipes, hence no ABS, 4 studs per rim, no power windows, no black headlight surrounds, and no tinted tailights. More details here:
http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_54519/title_Holden-Releases-a-Special-ValueAdded-Edition-Astra-Equipe/newsarticle.html (http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_54519/title_Holden-Releases-a-Special-ValueAdded-Edition-Astra-Equipe/newsarticle.html)

External differences include:
A) what SSV calls a "Stealth" rear skirt:
http://ssv.com.au/product.php?0986 (http://ssv.com.au/product.php?0986)
B) factory/aftermarket copy SRi rear spoiler:
http://www.mrspoiler.com.au/images_enlarged/ASTRA-HATCH-SRI.jpg (http://www.mrspoiler.com.au/images_enlarged/ASTRA-HATCH-SRI.jpg)
C) colour coded standard side skirts, and
D) no "EQUIPE" badges on the doors, as you've previously mentioned.

Hope this helps :cool:

Keep'emRunning
20th October 2009, 01:14 PM
selling for money to go back to school? your english makes my head hurt.

Its "bought" not "braught".

mind you i've seen that term used a lot over here. so scrap that idea, dont go back to school, the schooling system here obviously fails at life.

..she came on here looking for honest help and opinions.. and you're giving her this attitude?

Why? :p

Calibrated
20th October 2009, 01:38 PM
..she came on here looking for honest help and opinions.. and you're giving her this attitude?

Why? :p
its a pet peeve. :( i cant stand poor english.

boorny88
20th October 2009, 01:51 PM
well then you better not read my typing i can't spell haha

maloo97
20th October 2009, 02:48 PM
You have one of the FIRST Equipe's.

They only came with Those 4 stud wheels, Fog lights and a spoiler!

Your kit is a Talon kit, Most likely put on later in life not actually at time of purchase

Good luck with the sale but your not getting anything over 10k

My mate just bought a 2002 city with 32,000 k's. One owner, in Manual for 8k

Taffy
20th October 2009, 05:47 PM
Looks nice actually but for that price I'd expect electric windows at the very least! Maybe a turbo too :D

hayleyanne.
20th October 2009, 08:05 PM
thanks for your help guys, especialy (my bad if its spelt wrong :| ) J i think your name was, what you said sounds just about right to me, the 2 owners before me were old ladys so i cant see them adding anything to the car let alone a kit.
you may think its over priced but thats what i feel its worth, car yards have them for $12000... im sure you wouldnt think it was over priced if it had opel badges on it.
i came onto this site because i wanted advice and i wanted to know how much its worth. i find it odd that you guys get this worked up to the point you abuse people who are just after help.
thanks to thoes who did help :)
and sorry about my spelling once again, but this is the internet and slang is the language hear :)

maloo97
20th October 2009, 08:33 PM
Worked up ?? Abuse ? ?
Do you get out much ? ?
Opel or not! at the end of the day its a ' Car ' it's worth whats it worth or what someone is prepaired to pay for it!

like you said it's the Internet & by the sound of it your the one all worked up!

Good luck with the sale, You'll need it!

vectraguy01
20th October 2009, 08:49 PM
Hey Hayleyanne, alot of the time we just muck around on here, however some ppls take it to the extreme.

If your after any further help send me a pm, i'd be more than happy to help out with any issues and so would a few others on here that can be nice :)

guy 27
20th October 2009, 08:53 PM
car yards have them for $12000... im sure you wouldnt think it was over priced if it had opel badges on it.

I would be happy to get 12K on mine as is but i don't see that happening. Plus i would be disappointed getting that much.

Cars are always over priced that is why you advertise high and either wait for someone to buy at that price or take some of the lower offers which will come far and few in between.
It all comes down to what a person is willing to pay. I personally would rather pay less for a car that has done more km and is in good condition rather than more for one that has less km.

imay
20th October 2009, 09:59 PM
Good luck with your sale . . . you just never know, someone out there might be willing to part with the money you want for a white Astra 4 door Equip with added rear spoiler.
. . . but we just traded my wife's '03 Astra CD with 60,000 km on a brand new car and consider ourselves extremely lucky to have been given $10k for it! Not meaning to blow the wind out of your sails, but you are probably aiming just a tad too high. If it's a good car - keep it. Otherwise take what the market is prepared to offer.

Sorry! That's what has happened to the value of our Astras.

J
20th October 2009, 10:18 PM
Not just Astras, imay, but all cars in general. Great for people who don't mind driving used cars, but not when one has to sell! Which is way I prefer to drive every one of my cars to the ground, unless they get written off by others on the roads first :yikes:

Sorry hayleyanne, we do tend to tangent off sometimes. All the best for the sale, especially if you are not in a hurry to sell. There are all kinds of people out there. Some of them might just be willing to pay a little bit more for an A1 example! :cornut:

oneightoo
21st October 2009, 10:26 AM
wow, you took that to heart pretty quick..

maybe the internet with all it's slang isnt the place for you..

lithium
21st October 2009, 12:18 PM
Selling for money to go back to school? Your English makes my head hurt.

It's "bought", not "braught".

Mind you I've seen that term used a lot over here. So scrap that idea, don't go back to school, the education system here obviously fails at life.

ouch, irony headache ;)

Calibrated
21st October 2009, 12:24 PM
ouch, irony headache ;)
hey thats nitpicking now :p

lithium
21st October 2009, 12:28 PM
hey thats nitpicking now :p

i know, just kidding around mate :)