PDA

View Full Version : New QLD Road Rules as of 12th October 2009

poita
18th October 2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/file/eb74670b62f0269/Pdf_qld_road_rules_11_sept_09.pdf

More info here

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/General_information/Rules_and_regulations/Road/

Key changes include:

fog lights — turn off fog lights in clear weather. If you drive with fog lights on in clear weather you risk being fined A$40
single centre line — don't U-turn. If you do a U-turn over a single continuous centre line you risk being fined A$180 and three demerit points
seatbelts — all passengers must wear them. If you drive with a passenger of any age without a seatbelt or child restraint you risk being fined A$300 and three demerit points
wheeled recreational devices — if you ride one when and where they are not permitted you risk being fined A$40.

gmonkey
18th October 2009, 08:24 PM
fog lights — turn off fog lights in clear weather. If you drive with fog lights on in clear weather you risk being fined a$40

win!

poita
18th October 2009, 08:53 PM
my favourite road rule!

gmonkey
18th October 2009, 08:54 PM
about time the word got out :p

glider
18th October 2009, 09:01 PM
/sigh

too bad more often than not the aurion police vehicles have their foglights on...

also think the seatbelt thing is ****ed, as previously, a passenger aged 16 years or older was solely responsible for wearing a properly adjusted and fastened seatbelt.

bender
18th October 2009, 09:04 PM
wow they'll now fine you for leaving your windows open wtf:eek:

and you can get fined 40 bucks if u dont walk with t raffic and not against it

ChrisMaz
18th October 2009, 09:08 PM
wow they'll now fine you for leaving your windows open wtf:eek:

and you can get fined 40 bucks if u dont walk with t raffic and not against it

I was always told to walk AGAINST the traffic as you can see cars that are approaching you....

bender
18th October 2009, 09:09 PM
I was always told to walk AGAINST the traffic as you can see cars that are approaching you....

yeah me to but now you'll get fined 40 bucks if u dont
hang on my bad worded it wrong you'll get fined if u dont walk against traffic

Jerram
18th October 2009, 09:13 PM
I think the public misunderstands the foglight issue - a lot of people probably think foglights are those huge sealed beams that rednecks country people put on their land cruiser utes, (driving lights(?))and not the small lights underneath their headlights.

I must admit though I don't get it because I've never had glare issues from anyone else using those small "fog" lights; if you ask me it helps to illuminate the road underneath your headlamps making sure you don't drive over things that may go in front of you while you're stopped.

poita
18th October 2009, 09:19 PM
yer that wat it is, is just the wording is stupid

gmonkey
18th October 2009, 09:20 PM
I think the public misunderstands the foglight issue - a lot of people probably think foglights are those huge sealed beams that rednecks country people put on their land cruiser utes, (driving lights(?))and not the small lights underneath their headlights.

I must admit though I don't get it because I've never had glare issues from anyone else using those small "fog" lights; if you ask me it helps to illuminate the road underneath your headlamps making sure you don't drive over things that may go in front of you while you're stopped.
if u see something that close... its too late to stop anyway :p

mania
18th October 2009, 09:22 PM

A few people on here get really caught up about them. Personally I think it's just them being anal because the law says you can't have them on... after all they never hurt/blinded anybody not lying on the road in front of you :p.

poita
18th October 2009, 09:24 PM
lets not turn this into a debate about dickheads and there "driving lights"

Jerram
18th October 2009, 09:25 PM

glider
18th October 2009, 09:29 PM

I actually use them for safety when driving into work on the private road (so no legal issues here) as several times there have been animals on the road, 2 weeks ago didnt have them on and a roo belted the side of my car as I didnt see it and couldnt react to it (came out from the side, foglights being wide and low illuminate the side of the road alot better)

mania
18th October 2009, 09:48 PM
I turn them on whenever I'm going down a dark unstreetlamped road with bush on either side... wording of the law makes it sound like that'd be permissable too. Lets you see the edge of the road a lot better..

03srit
13th November 2009, 06:56 AM
Yeah I don't see the harm in them being on aswell.. I mean it's pointing down so it doesn't blind any oncoming vehicles.. Unless you have those massive fog lights on the bull bars of 4WD's then yeah but not these tiny ones..

AfterBurner
15th November 2009, 11:26 PM
I was always under the impression that FOG lights are generally Yellow lenses??? Usually an aftermarket fitting, yes???? White lights simply cause glare off the water droplets (FOG) & actually reduce visibility... The lights in the front bar of astra's etc i would call driving lights or even parkers really, as they beam down not straight in front??? I think this has been debated b4 some time ago on here... :D

Im sure there is a clear definition between Fog Lights & Spotties or similar...

glider
16th November 2009, 04:57 AM
I was always under the impression that FOG lights are generally Yellow lenses??? Usually an aftermarket fitting, yes???? White lights simply cause glare off the water droplets (FOG) & actually reduce visibility... The lights in the front bar of astra's etc i would call driving lights or even parkers really, as they beam down not straight in front??? I think this has been debated b4 some time ago on here... :D

Im sure there is a clear definition between Fog Lights & Spotties or similar...

by definition, fog lights create a low wide beam with short travel directly in front of the vehicle, doesnt matter if they're white or yellow, this is what the astra lights do so... ;)

driving lights are supposed to have a narrow beam and have about 200m travel or so

gman
16th November 2009, 01:50 PM
I pulled mine out and now have air intakes there...Problem solved.. ;)