PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Opel Man, joining the ranks in Australia

Klunke_DK
16th October 2009, 11:46 PM
Hey guys.

Been in Australia now for about 5 years, and only just stumbeled across this great site last night.

Always been an Opel guy at heart, and ive owned several Opels (6) back in Denmark (Europe). After i moved down here, i got myself a nice straight SB Barina 1.4 multipoint injected manual. 3 door offcourse. I gets a fierce flogging at every chance i get and so far the only thing ive spent money on is a sportsfilter and service items.

Back in Denmark my pride and joy was my Opel Ascona B 2.0 Sport. A genuine 2 door coupe with a solid 2.0 injected motor as standard. 2.0 CIH engine.

Block bored and stroked to 2.4, using a diesel crank. 2.2 head was ported and flowed with matched short intake manifolds and a nice 4-2-1 header. Intake manifolds was fitted with 2 double 48mm Dellorto's and trumpets. Larger valves was fitted and natrium filled exhaustvalves did the trick. Rollerrockers was sourced from the US (of all places, but aparently they are the same as some yank V-8 donk). Cam was ridicilous and idling was a healthy 1.400 rpm. Below 4.000 rpm it was gutless. Exhaust was a rally item and was very noisy, but it was a beautiful sound at full noise. Unfortunantly it was not at all practical, very very noisy and thirsty. And i went thru 3 engine rebuilds. 2 beeing complete rebuilds and a piston went thru the no.3 cylinderwall. I dont regret it, but i wasted alot of money on it.

So now im much much more sensible and just drives a standard barina around until i bite the bullit and get myself a 2.0 conversion. NA offcourse with quad throttlebodies and 6 speed gearbox..:D :D :D

Anyways, i love my Opels, especially my old ones. Wouldnt mind a 2 door Gemini with an ex-Opel 1.9 from the Torana. And then start building it up again with Risse motorsport parts... :cornut:

Im placed in WA just south of Perth. Would love to help out on some projects but not just airfilters and cold air intakes...

Klunke_DK
16th October 2009, 11:47 PM
Pic of my former beloved...

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=8753

mania
17th October 2009, 12:50 AM
Welcome! If I ever find myself rebuilding... I'll be sure to give you a PM :p. In fact, if I ever find myself doing anything serious at all... you'll be getting a PM ;). Welcome to the site :)

Nurb608
17th October 2009, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the site ;)

SIMid
17th October 2009, 12:26 PM
Welcome! :)

Klunke_DK
17th October 2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah if you want some input for a high reving engine give me a PM. I also know a few cheap tricks to get a few horsepower.

ChrisMaz
17th October 2009, 08:31 PM
Welcome mate! Good to see another Perth Member. Check out the cruise thread if you're interested. Theres one coming up soon.

poita
17th October 2009, 08:34 PM
welcome along to the forum mate :)
enjoy your time here

and i bet anyone here wants cheap horsepower :lol:

adam_92
17th October 2009, 08:44 PM
welcome to the site mate, always good to have someone with experience on the forum.

kabel
17th October 2009, 10:18 PM
Welcome,see you on the next Perth cruise maybe ?

chrissn89
17th October 2009, 10:30 PM
Welcome to OA :):)

btm
19th October 2009, 10:39 AM
hi and welcome to the site... so many new perth members popping up at the moment!

Ice
19th October 2009, 11:04 AM
Hallo and Welcome to OpelAus

mr corsa
19th October 2009, 01:49 PM
hello

guy 27
19th October 2009, 02:47 PM
hello and welcome

corsab
19th October 2009, 09:09 PM
welcome mate ......... great to have so experience in here ........ im sure it will come in handy