PDA

View Full Version : Blown Cat

CNBLU
16th October 2009, 10:47 PM
While driving tonight i put my foot down and looked in my rear vision mirror and saw sparks coming out the back of the car, like hot pieces of metal. Pulled over and checked the engine code and it was p0170 fuel trim malfunction. I'll get to the code a bit later but my main concern is the cat.

The car still drives fine although i havnt punched it, comes on boost fine till 3k (havnt gone over).

Does it sound like a blown cat? There are no symptoms but what the hell would come out of my exhaust?

(when i got out and looked in the tailpipe their were pieces of something that were friggen hot)

Popped the bonnet and the turbo looked fine no oil and my engine temp was normal.

What do you guys think?

hazrd
16th October 2009, 10:56 PM
sounds a bit like the cat mate
same thing happened in my cali-t years back.... same scenario, scared the SHIT out of me lol

CNBLU
16th October 2009, 11:05 PM
well it did scare the shit out of me.

im hoping its the cat.... easy fix

chrissn89
17th October 2009, 06:47 PM
Sounds like the cat, emissions light might come on. Hopefully the hot little pieces havnt damaged the o2 sensor.

Keep'emRunning
17th October 2009, 07:45 PM
hopefully it won't have taken the post cat o2 sensor with it...

gmonkey
18th October 2009, 12:36 PM
EML would have come on and it would have shown up in his code check if it was damaged or even destroyed :p

CNBLU
18th October 2009, 03:03 PM
Havnt checked the o2 sensor but theres still bits of cat coming out the rear muffler:D