PDA

View Full Version : FYI: GOlf GTI pricing

rjastra
16th October 2009, 10:04 AM
Seems like the strong AUD is having an effect. Prices are essentially unchanged from the outgoing model.

http://www.my-gti.com/1588/volkswagen-golf-gti-mark-vi-prices-and-specifications-australia-my10

Volkswagen Golf GTI Mark VI Prices and Specifications MY10 September 2009

Model Model Code Manufacturers List Price
• Golf GTI 3 Door 6 speed Manual 5K19V22/10 $38,990
• Golf GTI 3 Door 6 speed DSG 5K19V32/10 $41,490
• Golf GTI 5 Door 6 speed Manual 5K19V2/10 $40,490
• Golf GTI 5 Door 6 speed DSG 5K19V3/10

JohnBu
16th October 2009, 10:37 AM
Prices would have been set a year or so ago.

but they seem the same price.

I like the new MkVI GTI, but prob never own one as it's not different enough from my MkV GTI to justify the change.

Wraith
16th October 2009, 10:49 AM
Seems like the strong AUD is having an effect. Prices are essentially unchanged from the outgoing model.

http://www.my-gti.com/1588/volkswagen-golf-gti-mark-vi-prices-and-specifications-australia-my10

Volkswagen Golf GTI Mark VI Prices and Specifications MY10 September 2009

Model Model Code Manufacturers List Price
• Golf GTI 3 Door 6 speed Manual 5K19V22/10 $38,990
• Golf GTI 3 Door 6 speed DSG 5K19V32/10 $41,490
• Golf GTI 5 Door 6 speed Manual 5K19V2/10 $40,490
• Golf GTI 5 Door 6 speed DSG 5K19V3/10

$42,990 minus options and on roads, for the 5 door Gti - that's the one I'd be interested in...

Initial thoughts for me are that's too high, way over any of the competition...you can get a base MPS3 or XR5T 'drive-away' for less than that !

As we all know these things need alot added from the options list to be any good of a total package, by the time you add all that and factor in ORC's it'll hit 50k or over for one of these !!!

Just adding the options I'd want (and to put it at a similar equipment levels to a luxury MPS3) adds $11,700 to the base price, so that's going to be $54,690 + ORC's which will be nearly 60k - what a rip :mad:

Would rather pay that for the 10 times better looking Scirocco if they eventually become available...

Might be worth waiting till after the 5% import tax reduction of next year, if anyone's seriously considering one...

rjastra
16th October 2009, 12:58 PM
$42,990 minus options and on roads, for the 5 door Gti - that's the one I'd be interested in...

Initial thoughts for me are that's too high, way over any of the competition...you can get a base MPS3 or XR5T 'drive-away' for less than that !

Suppose... except you quoted the price for a DSG model. Something neither the XR5 or MPS3 offer. As for drive away pricing... It shows the relative demand for the vehicle. People have been placing orders for the GTI 6+months ago (mad if you ask me). To the extent that there may be no free cars available in the first 500 shipped here!

What's your list of options?
The only ones I would consider would be maybe metallic paint (i like the plain red and white) and dynaudio upgrade. All up $2000. If pushed then i would consider the adaptive suspension at $1500. The 18inch wheel option (at a remarkable $1200) seems tempting but I'd hate to think the replacement cost of the tyres.

Wraith
16th October 2009, 02:13 PM
Suppose... except you quoted the price for a DSG model. Something neither the XR5 or MPS3 offer. As for drive away pricing... It shows the relative demand for the vehicle. People have been placing orders for the GTI 6+months ago (mad if you ask me). To the extent that there may be no free cars available in the first 500 shipped here!

What's your list of options?
The only ones I would consider would be maybe metallic paint (i like the plain red and white) and dynaudio upgrade. All up $2000. If pushed then i would consider the adaptive suspension at $1500. The 18inch wheel option (at a remarkable $1200) seems tempting but I'd hate to think the replacement cost of the tyres.

Yeh, I know the trend, but I also know what happens to these people when they try selling them...

Shock horror at the massive depreciation...you would only want to get one of these new if you planned on definitely keeping it long term...

As for transmisions, my choice is auto for a daily driver, unfortunately the MPS3 and XR5T don't have auto option so no choice but to go manual on those, however with a Golf I'd want the DSG, that's why I've gone for the pricing on that one...

My choice of options are to equal it up to a luxury MPS3 as said, I havn't even bothered with a wheel update, but I did choose the adaptive ride...

list:

Sat nav 2,500
Sunroof 1,900
Premium audio 1,300
Adaptive ride 1,500
Leather upholstery 3,300
Bi Xenons + adaptive headlights 2,000

That's actually 12,500 extra :eek:

Now I could do without the leather and adaptive ride and sunroof (but not the rest as the MPS3 has all of that minus automated manual of course) bringing it down to 5,800 but that still puts it at over 50k before on roads :mad:

I suppose it's each to their own, for me personally it dosn't appeal for that amount of 'coin' for what it is...

BTW tyres these days are always getting cheaper, a good set of 18" tyres will be under $200 ea. whereas 10 years ago that same 18" tyre would be $600ea. these days only the most exotic types in 18" would cost that much...

I've got 20's as you know and the tyres on those cost only $220ea. and they're one of the best you can get for that size and profile too ;)

mania
16th October 2009, 05:28 PM
MPS3 doesn't have Dynaudio :p. But the non premium VW audio is probably worse then the MPS3 standard audio, so hard to compare. Brings it down to $4500.

Seriously though, what's with VW's options pricing. $2500 for satnav? :yikes: Buy any current model mobile phone or a tomtom already..

Personally love the near Golfs (w/ the scirocco styled front), whereas the old ones were ho-hum boring, imo. Certainly better looking then an MPS3 :p

rjastra
16th October 2009, 07:02 PM
MPS3 doesn't have Dynaudio :p. But the non premium VW audio is probably worse then the MPS3 standard audio, so hard to compare. Brings it down to $4500.

Seriously though, what's with VW's options pricing. $2500 for satnav? :yikes: Buy any current model mobile phone or a tomtom already..

Personally love the near Golfs (w/ the scirocco styled front), whereas the old ones were ho-hum boring, imo. Certainly better looking then an MPS3 :p

Standard GTI is 8/10 speaker with separate AMP. 6 stacker, Aux in and SD slot

http://www.volkswagen.si/files/si/element/text_pic/1974527590.jpg

$2500 is pretty standard for an factory spec sat nav. Its a full HD model as well with touch screen and SD input.

But I agree... paying $2000+ (in any car) for an electronic UBD seems rather absurd :)

USC
16th October 2009, 11:27 PM
for $2000, I can build a PC that has far superior power than that 'stereo'

Calibrated
17th October 2009, 07:39 PM
for $2000, I can build a PC that has far superior power than that 'stereo'
for $2000 i can buy a cricket bat far superior to my current $500 bat.. whats your point?

i dont see the point other than wank factor for the sat-nav. it was cool 10 years ago, now its just a waste of money. my garmin nuvi 310 still does the job just fine..

the options i would definitely want would be

Sunroof 1,900
Adaptive ride 1,500
Leather upholstery 3,300
Bi Xenons + adaptive headlights 2,000

thats still $8700 in extra's. crikey. but i'd be most interested in the 3 door DSG. is there any talk on a mkIV pirelli edition?

USC
17th October 2009, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=Calibrated;502856]for $2000 i can buy a cricket bat far superior to my current $500 bat.. whats your point?

QUOTE]

My point is it is not worth $2000 and does not cost them even $1000 to make the damn thing.
VW in general are rip-offs.

$2000 for Bi Xenon....give me a break.
$3300 more for leather....VW can get stuffed.

In the Subaru WRX for example you get all of that for like $5K more..sunroof, leather, sat nav (touch screen), bi-xenon with washers....

mania
17th October 2009, 08:05 PM
It's $2000 for self levelling, bi-xenon, cornering lights. With washers. Bit more then Subaru offer, and I believe cheaper then the AFL option is for vauxhalls in the UK...

VW leather >>> Subaru leather. At least comparing the most recent of each I sat in :p

USC
17th October 2009, 08:11 PM
It's $2000 for self levelling, bi-xenon, cornering lights. With washers. Bit more then Subaru offer, and I believe cheaper then the AFL option is for vauxhalls in the UK...

VW leather >>> Subaru leather. At least comparing the most recent of each I sat in :p

Its true that quality might be better but still.

Im pretty sure Subaru has self levelling...and if not...it will have automatic levelling anyways (like on the Sri-T). Cornering lights are useless...the Mondeo has that....pure gimmick let me tell you.

mania
17th October 2009, 08:15 PM
Subaru would have self levelling, all bi-xenons are required to. Just pointing out a fair amount goes into that optional extra :p, the price is justifiable imo. The satnav pricing though is ridiculous..

rjastra
17th October 2009, 11:50 PM
Subaru charges $3000 for a satnav system
$3000 for leather, sunroof and xenon low beams
$6000 for the lot.

The leather, sunroof, xenons is a bargain.

Klunke_DK
18th October 2009, 12:10 AM
Opel and VW dont mix... AT ALL.... Its like Holden/Ford... Or BMW/Audi.... Or Good vs. Evil...

Calibrated
18th October 2009, 03:59 PM
Opel and VW dont mix... AT ALL.... Its like Holden/Ford... Or BMW/Audi.... Or Good vs. Evil...
i used to think like that. now i couldnt give a shit. Opel didnt have what i wanted, so i moved to Audi.

Wraith
19th October 2009, 12:22 PM
i used to think like that. now i couldnt give a shit. Opel didnt have what i wanted, so i moved to Audi.

+ 1 or any other brand for that matter ;)

As enthusiasts it's ok to love a certain brand/manufacturer, but if your one for brand loyalty that you'll only buy from the one manufacturer, regardless of all things considered, you really are pushing shite up a hill for nothing...