PDA

View Full Version : Obsession Other Than Opel

TheOperator
15th October 2009, 01:49 PM
As this is a Opel forum it's clear everyone has a thing for them :D

My question is what other vehicles if any or anything really do you have a problem with?

For me i have a big problem with bikes, currently have a 09 ex factory Suzuki RMZ motocross bike (as ridden by friend in last years Super X), 2 Honda CRF50's heavily modified from 50cc to now be 88cc & 140cc with billet frames etc etc and looking for a Ducati 999 to add to collection :D

My other soft spot is Pugs, i.e. 306 gti6 like i previously owned for 10 years as a toy whilst i had other cars :o Still best handling car i ever owned and was a weapon after some cams, coilovers, bigger brembos and got out of control :cornut: I regret selling it now and kinda keep an eye out for another well kept example (just can't get it out of my system) :o

Ice
15th October 2009, 01:51 PM
haha, I have an obsession for Commercial airliners......and would love a Renault 5 Turbo. Always loved that car since I saw it in Bond !

ChrisMaz
15th October 2009, 01:51 PM
I Have a major obsession with commodores.

Obsessively hating them :p

For me I have this strange obsession with the only decent Caddy made in recent years. The CTS-V. Love the look of it....

Wraith
15th October 2009, 05:03 PM

My question is what other vehicles if any or anything really do you have a problem with?

For me i have a big problem with bikes, currently have a 09 ex factory Suzuki RMZ motocross bike (as ridden by friend in last years Super X), 2 Honda CRF50's heavily modified from 50cc to now be 88cc & 140cc with billet frames etc etc and looking for a Ducati 999 to add to collection :D

My other soft spot is Pugs, i.e. 306 gti6 like i previously owned for 10 years as a toy whilst i had other cars :o Still best handling car i ever owned and was a weapon after some cams, coilovers, bigger brembos and got out of control :cornut: I regret selling it now and kinda keep an eye out for another well kept example (just can't get it out of my system) :o

Good topic, this has come up before...

I certainly have a thing for a couple of Opel produced vehicles...:)

Not a fan of bikes, I can and have ridden, but will never own one, way too unsafe for my liking and several people I know/knew are now deceased because of them...

Soft spots - anything exotic, that would be all of our wet dream type cars or anything
usually priced at or over 1/2 a $million...

poita
15th October 2009, 05:41 PM
steves mum

hazrd
15th October 2009, 06:04 PM
steves mum

+1

nah seriously.... ive been one of those "dunnydore" drivers once before, but there is one that i would definitely turn back to..

VX GTS... id kill for one of these, has always been my favourite car the day they hit the roads

MatsHolden
15th October 2009, 06:11 PM
nah seriously.... ive been one of those "dunnydore" drivers once before, but there is one that i would definitely turn back to..

VX GTS... id kill for one of these, has always been my favourite car the day they hit the roads

Oh that Callaway motor... Used to love it when Skaifey drove through school in his GTS Coupe. The idle of that Callaway was sooo tough. Actually sounded old school.

poita
15th October 2009, 06:19 PM
serously though, i wouldnt mind an Audi A4 Avant

dont mind audis at all

hazrd
15th October 2009, 06:21 PM
dont get me started on audis lol :D

A4 TDi Quattro
R8
RS6
A5

i could go on all day, i love em

BEK-46P
15th October 2009, 06:22 PM
Pet peeve for me is seeing Commodores re-badged as Chevrolets -- why do this? The Commodore is an iconic Australian car so why even bother linking it to the US?

Not that I am biased or anything but re-badging an Astra as Opel is basically restoring it to it's original state.

On the plus side, Audis for the win! I am also obsessed with the current BMW range, in particular the 1 and 3 series.

As for bikes, my brother recently finished customising his Harley at Chopperworks up in QLD. It's probably worth posting up pics, yeah?

MatsHolden
15th October 2009, 06:35 PM
Pet peeve for me is seeing Commodores re-badged as Chevrolets -- why do this? The Commodore is an iconic Australian car so why even bother linking it to the US?

Chevy V8's... that's why.

In regards to V6's being fitted with Chevy badges... they're just idiots that see the Chev badge on an SS and think it's the thing to do... not realising that it's been done because it's powered by Chev.

And my obsession is anything automotive...

gman
15th October 2009, 07:15 PM
For me:

The old RS4 wagon with the 2.7 Lt twin turbo V6!!!!
Ducati's....
GTR's (R34 and R35)...
1973 Porsche 911 RS and RSR's....

poita
15th October 2009, 07:28 PM
also the Lotus Carlton ;)

Ice
15th October 2009, 07:32 PM

Not that I am biased or anything but re-badging an Astra as Opel is basically restoring it to it's original state.

On the plus side, Audis for the win! I am also obsessed with the current BMW range, in particular the 1 and 3 series.

As for bikes, my brother recently finished customising his Harley at Chopperworks up in QLD. It's probably worth posting up pics, yeah?

fo sho man !

daiflu
15th October 2009, 07:37 PM
Anything with rotary power!
(yes, even the roadpacer)

glider
15th October 2009, 07:40 PM

even this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_BF2F-QEw4

gman
15th October 2009, 07:48 PM

I had never ever heard of the Roadpacer until now...A HX Kingswood with a carby 13B (read v.low torque) would have been interesting off line line and up the hills...But what a weird mixture!!!! Cool because its weird :)

Ice
15th October 2009, 08:34 PM
haha the Wankel rotary, MAD !

Jerram
15th October 2009, 08:40 PM

gee almost just cars in general for me lol. Though I prefer Euros. Also Boeing aircraft and English Electric locomotives.

coyotte
15th October 2009, 09:05 PM
For me its the Mazda SP RX7's , the new Shelby GT Mustang Super Snake.
and custom Fender guitars..

daiflu
15th October 2009, 09:43 PM
I had never ever heard of the Roadpacer until now...A HX Kingswood with a carby 13B (read v.low torque) would have been interesting off line line and up the hills...But what a weird mixture!!!! Cool because its weird :)

And then there's the Parkway, a rotary bus:

Imagine it full of people, reving it's tits off!

http://earlymazda.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/autowp_ru_mazda_parkway26_1-150x150.jpg

OK, enough OT from me.

Ice
15th October 2009, 09:54 PM
And then there's the Parkway, a rotary bus:

Imagine it full of people, reving it's tits off!

http://earlymazda.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/autowp_ru_mazda_parkway26_1-150x150.jpg

OK, enough OT from me.

keep it in your jocks Brad, hahaha....speaking of which hows the rotary coming along ?

daiflu
15th October 2009, 10:02 PM
keep it in your jocks Brad, hahaha....speaking of which hows the rotary coming along ?

haha, same as when you last saw it. Maybe a bit more crap piled on top :o

Wraith
16th October 2009, 11:08 AM
dont get me started on audis lol :D

A4 TDi Quattro
R8
RS6
A5

i could go on all day, i love em

Hey, where's the TT in that list Adam :cornut:

poita
16th October 2009, 11:11 AM
TT rs ;)

boorny88
16th October 2009, 11:36 AM
well i like the R34 abd R35 GTR like gman
i like the old 911 turbo's m3 not the new one but the prier on
vu maloo and wx gts like hazrd plus i dnt mind speed boats wudnt mind one my master instructor (taekwondo) has a seadoo twin super charged 450hp ski boat really nice

TheOperator
16th October 2009, 11:46 AM
Pretty interesting so far :D

Wraith i've lost 5 friends to bikes accidents, 3 on the road and 2 offroad! All professional riders so i know where your coming from ;)

Thing is once it's in your screwed unfortunately, no car has ever given me the same buzz as a fast bike so it's a hard addiction to give away! Doing the Isle of Man TT course whilst closed before practice following a former TT racer sealed my fate for adrenalin :(

I'm liking there is some rotor fans here, a fair percentage of friends have some seriously modified RX3's. Here is an example of Nigel's:

http://www.fastfours.com.au/images/cars/firstblood/02.jpg

http://www.fastfours.com.au/images/cars/firstblood/03.jpg

http://www.fastfours.com.au/images/cars/firstblood/04.jpg

http://www.fastfours.com.au/images/cars/firstblood/05.jpg

And here is my dream car if money was no object, wanted one since i was old enough to remember:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/jv.colayco/R66PMfkxGTI/AAAAAAAAAVI/5-ipZmvWo9E/s800/GT2_1.jpg

gman
16th October 2009, 12:53 PM
WOW...The Isle of Man TT course would have been AMAZING!!! I've watched it and those guys are INSANE!!!! Cool but totally insane!! :)

I know what you mean about bikes through. For me it was the RGV250 and YZ500 2-strokes that got me hooked before I got on the bigger 750 and 1000+ bikes...They don;t call them crutch rockets for nothing!!!

That rotor has some serious engineering (and cubic $$$$$'s) invested in there. Not 100% o the colour choice but love it....

As for the 997 GT2, DROOL!!!!!!!!!!!

TheOperator
16th October 2009, 02:43 PM
WOW...The Isle of Man TT course would have been AMAZING!!! I've watched it and those guys are INSANE!!!! Cool but totally insane!! :)

I know what you mean about bikes through. For me it was the RGV250 and YZ500 2-strokes that got me hooked before I got on the bigger 750 and 1000+ bikes...They don;t call them crutch rockets for nothing!!!

That rotor has some serious engineering (and cubic $$$$$'s) invested in there. Not 100% o the colour choice but love it....

As for the 997 GT2, DROOL!!!!!!!!!!!

TT course was scary and i don't get that way :o First lap showed me the lines at what he later told me was 30% race pace and i can tell you even at that speed through Douglas and other villages with buildings that close i shit myself, out on mountain and long straights to Crag etc pussied out at 150mph.

Second lap told me we were increasing speed to 60% and to stick to his wheel (keep in mind he is 50 years old)! I remember his line clear as "You hesitate here it ends in tears or you don't wake up" :yikes: Managed to stick with him for most of the lap and blocked out fear, got passed by some Senior riders at speeds that are ****ing crazy :D

Great experience though and unless you have been there cannot comprehend how fast it really is, even onboard doesn't really show how quickly things happen ;)

As for the RX3, i can say it has had 100K spent on it :yikes: Everything is brand new, polished or chromed and top end parts ;) The pink paint was on the shell when he bought it, was a original one owner that had had a full bare metal respray prior to my mate buying it, wanted to keep it different :D

GT2 is for sure DROOL, i got to drive the old version on Autobahn a couple of years ago and it makes it worse with wanting it bad :(

hazrd
16th October 2009, 06:45 PM
Hey, where's the TT in that list Adam :cornut:

TT rs ;)

^^ what he said Ange :D
sometimes (well most of the time) i think about how scaringly alike we think...

Shaun
17th October 2009, 11:13 AM
haha, I have an obsession for Commercial airliners......!

I too am into Commerical Aircarft. Do you play Flight Sim ?