PDA

View Full Version : Taillights

Pharkus
20th September 2004, 12:45 PM
Just went to the autosalon on the weekend and only saw one astra. Couldn't find the convertible. Probably looking too hard at all that scattered booty than the cars.

Anyways, went to the motorware stand and saw some clear taillights but with the black background and just red and white reflectors. I've got a silver astra and was wondering if anyone here knows if they are ADR approved or would have had any problems with them i.e. leaking. They were going at a reasonable price at the show $290 but don't know if that was just a one off special or not. But pretty cheap compared with the $400-500 carsshine are asking.

Any thoughts out there?

Help would be greatly appreciated

Pharkus
20th September 2004, 12:47 PM
Oh and here are the chicks

wishbone
20th September 2004, 05:38 PM
there some on ebay thats selling all the time for 285, but i dunno abotu shippin and handling..
they are based here in australia.. i dunno who or where? just seen it all the time

Anonymous
20th September 2004, 05:51 PM
I missed out on Auto Salon :( I'm pissed off I missed James(From MCCR) CRX Woosh & Snarl it way too 410kw @ The Wheels :twisted: Mind you @ 12,000rpm :)

Degen-Astra
20th September 2004, 06:10 PM
I went on Saturday as well. Saw the convertible with the more than ample sub set up in the trunk.

Also saw the Silver CD Astra with the Carzone kit. The car had chromies and the top of the headlights painted star silver to match the car. Didnt like the Carzone kit up close.
Either the paint job was crud or the kit itself is so rough and wasnt smooth. But good to see some (2) Astra's there. No Barinas, Calibras or Veccys!! :evil:

Bernard Siong
20th September 2004, 07:25 PM
car mate in sydney have heaps mad ass tail lights
but $420 is a bit steep compared to cabramatta turbo autospares which is $250 but doesnt look as good

Dregger
20th September 2004, 09:25 PM
Parkus....where u been mate ? still studying ???

in regards to your query i'm not sure if they are adr approved. best to contact them direc tand ask...otherwise go shopping at

http://www.ozeparts.com.au/

join up to get 10% off. its free
they have adr approved light for $342
i bought my fog lights off them, and they are great to deal with.

OPL-20T
20th September 2004, 10:33 PM
all up i had to pay $261 Euro del to my house. not bad its half the price of what car shine were asking.
LED :) thats about $440 AUD

Greg K
20th September 2004, 10:47 PM
they look kick ass Goran!
cant wait to see them on that sexy car of yours!

:mrgreen:
Greg K

wishbone
21st September 2004, 06:57 AM
thats not too bad.. 440 for those!
i seen em for like in the 800's?

Pharkus
21st September 2004, 08:53 AM
Dregger,

Hope you've fixed up your car. I seen the Porsche turbo try to copy your attempt at an air dam on the rear near the back tyre.

Yeah still going on the study thing. October 19 and hopefully that's it and I'm a qualified accountant.

Those black ones are the lights I'm talking about. But still $350 is not bad for them. Thanks for the link. First preference though would be smoked taillights. Anyone seen any? Sort of like the irmsher ones.

Anonymous
21st September 2004, 09:43 AM
like these?

Pharkus
21st September 2004, 09:48 AM
Hey they the ones :lol:

I think they look a bit classier and better than just the clear lens and black background on a silver car.

Degen-Astra
21st September 2004, 09:52 AM
Yeah...I agree. The slightly tinted ones on your Star Silver will look a hell of a lot better.
I saw the black ones your talking about at Auto Salon and they would really only suit a black car. They would look crud on any other color.

Anonymous
21st September 2004, 09:56 AM
this is on silver ;)

http://members.optushome.com.au/opel-australia/1DSC02191.jpg

Pharkus
21st September 2004, 09:58 AM
Do the irmscher ones suffer from leakage. I heard they did but it was an easy thing to fix. I suppose some silicone could do that.

Carshine are also gettng some irmscher stuff in as well. What do you think of these lights.

I think they are similar to the darkened lights of the turbo but would suit my car a treat. Bit expensive though $498?!!?!?!?

Pharkus
21st September 2004, 10:00 AM
Awesome on silver. Anyone know where I can buy from. Now you got me all excited, and it's only 10am.

Also future mods could include Recaro seats if I am feeling rich.

Anonymous
21st September 2004, 10:09 AM
mine do suffer from very very minor leakage, not worth worrying about.....

those exact ones on that silver car did suffer leakage on a slightly bigger scale but was fixed with silicon....

i havent seen them here for sale, we had 2 sets imported at the same time to save postage costs ;)

there's a few people running around here with irmscher contancts who i'm sure can hook you up... one that pops to mind which a few people on here have used is http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk

Pharkus
21st September 2004, 10:28 AM
How about these?

Shazza
21st September 2004, 12:59 PM
I'm also looking at trying to pick up a pair of the darkened irmscher astra lights at present. Maybe we could do a group buy of some sort?