PDA

View Full Version : HDT VE Brock Commodore

btm
9th October 2009, 04:41 PM
mates bro just ordered one of these... actually looks pretty farking hot!

http://www.smh.com.au/drive/motor-news/peter-brock-lives-on-in-limited-edition-commodore-20091009-gpvl.html

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm93/btm_photo/HDT_Commodore_600-600x400.jpg

Nurb608
9th October 2009, 05:01 PM
Grill sucks, but the rest of the car looks really nice :D

gman
9th October 2009, 05:07 PM
Exterior is nice...Not 100% on the white and black leather interior though...

hazrd
9th October 2009, 05:52 PM
the rims dont do it for me, the rest is pretty horn though

ChrisMaz
9th October 2009, 06:01 PM
Grill sucks and the interior looks a bit strange. But overall. Nice!

xplosv57
9th October 2009, 06:07 PM
I'm sorry but i disagree with you all, the original from 1985 is one of my all time favourite cars and to be molested onto a VE just ruins the original car..........

I'd be happy with a VE SS in the Formula blue though!!!

BEK-46P
9th October 2009, 06:13 PM
I'm sure your mate's bro is a nice guy but that car is just wrong.

Keep'emRunning
9th October 2009, 07:08 PM
...what, they ran out of new ideas? :p

Vectracious
9th October 2009, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry but i disagree with you all, the original from 1985 is one of my all time favourite cars and to be molested onto a VE just ruins the original car..........

+1

Blatantly using the Brock Commodore nameplate for this.... so disrespectful to the VK.

Sorry, hate it just because of that.

poita
9th October 2009, 07:43 PM
with Gav and Pete on this one.

mum had one of the originals, wish she never sold it :(

Greg K
12th October 2009, 07:29 AM

+1

wont be a classic like the original VK (one of my all time favourite Holdens)

daiflu
12th October 2009, 08:18 AM

Hold that thought (till 2011) ;)

Wraith
12th October 2009, 10:40 AM
Oh God :skep:

At the risk of sounding cynical, to me this is just another marketing load of bull by GMH again trying to cash in on something out of nothing...lets dress up a Commodore in a past blast theme and flog em off at a premium price, the fact that they've tried to make it look so much like a VK Group A Commodore right down to the rim style, looks very tacky IMO...:rolleyes:

PB and HDT are long gone...all the previous vehicles released while the 2 were alive and kicking had purpose and made sense, except of course for some of the dubious features of the HDT VL Brockie...

That said, to me these can never become collectables or be anything special, they are not a true part of HDT history...more like a revamped gimmick.

I suppose this wouldn't make sense to younger people who weren't around when the originals were, I've had many a great experience with the VK Group 3 and Group A cars back in the day...

As always though each to their own and there will be the takers who actually fancy and go for one of these :)

Wraith
12th October 2009, 10:44 AM
+1

Blatantly using the Brock Commodore nameplate for this.... so disrespectful to the VK.

Sorry, hate it just because of that.

I missed your post before writing mine, but yeah +2 on the way yourself and Steve see this thing...

btm
12th October 2009, 10:51 AM
now this will really get you talking... i think he's selling his rs4 for this :eek:

Wraith
12th October 2009, 10:54 AM
now this will really get you talking... i think he's selling his rs4 for this :eek:

I change my Oh God to oh good grief WTH ?? :crazy:

I think you need to talk to him mate (jk) each to their own :)

MatsHolden
12th October 2009, 11:01 AM
Oh God :skep:

At the risk of sounding cynical, to me this is just another marketing load of bull by GMH again trying to cash in on something out of nothing...

GMH aren't involved with HDT these days... This time around it's purely the new generation HDT outfit to blame for this 'gimmick'.

Havn't been a fan of HDT's retro range beginning with the VC and VH.

DirtyHarry
12th October 2009, 06:41 PM
terrible just terrible.

Vectracious
12th October 2009, 09:00 PM

your mates bro needs his head read and be stuck driving an old Datsun as punishment..... selling an RS4 for a Commodore - FFS..... :rolleyes:

poita
12th October 2009, 09:06 PM
thats as bad as selling a V8 calais and going to an axcel

Nurb608
12th October 2009, 09:10 PM
thats as bad as selling a V8 calais and going to an axcel

Harsh :p

Mind you, that excel isn't bad at burnouts, lol

xplosv57
12th October 2009, 10:50 PM
nothing wrong with the excel, might paint it orange and see if i can make it look less like a hairdressers car...

Rs4 to a time warp abortion ve makes baby jesus cry!

Hoss
13th October 2009, 01:40 PM
Nope.....on so many levels

[OPCSRi]
13th October 2009, 08:46 PM
I so love these things I asked for a wagon in the VH retro fit out and said no probs it can be done.

ASTRAY
13th October 2009, 09:23 PM
dunno if it shows it in the link, but they are/were actually doing a few different models too, eg not just the vk,,,,
theres a vh looking one and also im sure theres a vn looking one.
i think 3 or 4 different ones all up.
blue vk one is my fave, but im still not a fan.
i absolutely love the original vk's, even stocko base models. my only gripe with them was the speedo, holden should have kept the circle cluster like on vb vc etc.
as for the original brock wheels, never liked them, always hated them, but i think they suit the ve more.

Vectracious
13th October 2009, 10:44 PM
my only gripe with them was the speedo, holden should have kept the circle cluster like on vb vc etc..

WHAT!?!?!?! Can't believe you don't like the dash - I loved getting into my car and thinking I was going to play a game of Ludo each time I drove it :p :D

VK is my absolute favourite Commo as well - after Dad getting one when I was 5 and growing up with it then having one as my own while on my P's - cant help but have a soft spot for them. And they were the best looking of the old shape commos as well.

Wraith
14th October 2009, 08:33 AM
WHAT!?!?!?! Can't believe you don't like the dash - I loved getting into my car and thinking I was going to play a game of Ludo each time I drove it :p :D

VK is my absolute favourite Commo as well - after Dad getting one when I was 5 and growing up with it then having one as my own while on my P's - cant help but have a soft spot for them. And they were the best looking of the old shape commos as well.

My fav. was also the VK, specifically the Brockie Director...

I owned a 5.0ltr SL/E VH for 12 years, it was actually fitted with alot of the running gear from a VK Group A, 16" directional wheels, exhaust and most of the engine parts were also from a Group A, (might put up some pics.) I always wanted to buy myself a VK Group A but they were way to expensive for me when they were 1st released and later on when I could afford one, I lost interest...luckily for me a good friend of mine at the time did get one and I had the pleasure of being able to ride in one back in their hey day - they were one of the most potent and revered street cars of their day, it was always exciting to get out in it !!!

I also really liked the VL Calais...

I still can't get over these VE 'mock ups' can't see anything beyond a fake-ster image whenever I look at them, as for aesthetically speaking I also find it not very appealing, the bonnet hump and boot spoiler along with the wheels make the basic VE shape look ridiculously ugly IMHO...

xplosv57
14th October 2009, 10:10 AM
my only gripe with them was the speedo, holden should have kept the circle cluster like on vb vc etc.

*yawn* vk calais digital dash ftw!

Wraith
14th October 2009, 04:36 PM
*yawn* vk calais digital dash ftw!

+1 Agree...

But they suffered from a high frequency of breakdowns and unreliability and cost a small fortune to replace (in dollar terms back in their day) that's why GMH scrapped them from future models...

Shaun
15th October 2009, 11:50 AM
Change the wheels and the would look good i think. I saw one at Bathurst on the weekend and have to say in the flesh they arent all that bad. Same as the new HSV E2

Wraith
15th October 2009, 12:57 PM
Change the wheels and the would look good i think. I saw one at Bathurst on the weekend and have to say in the flesh they arent all that bad. Same as the new HSV E2

I also checked out the new VE HSV range last weekend, still don't like them...

The GTS front end is awful, probably didn't help that the one I was looking at was red...

It definitely looks way to busy in terms of holes and slits and openings everywhere on the front end, it's just overdone and since alot are non-functional, in my eyes it also cheapens up the look...you'd definitely have to get one of these in a dark colour to help hide all of it IMHO.

Senator variant looked 'ok', just...

ASTRAY
15th October 2009, 07:08 PM
My fav. was also the VK, specifically the Brockie Director...

I owned a 5.0ltr SL/E VH for 12 years, it was actually fitted with alot of the running gear from a VK Group A, 16" directional wheels, exhaust and most of the engine parts were also from a Group A, (might put up some pics.) I always wanted to buy myself a VK Group A but they were way to expensive for me when they were 1st released and later on when I could afford one, I lost interest...luckily for me a good friend of mine at the time did get one and I had the pleasure of being able to ride in one back in their hey day - they were one of the most potent and revered street cars of their day, it was always exciting to get out in it !!!

I also really liked the VL Calais...

I still can't get over these VE 'mock ups' can't see anything beyond a fake-ster image whenever I look at them, as for aesthetically speaking I also find it not very appealing, the bonnet hump and boot spoiler along with the wheels make the basic VE shape look ridiculously ugly IMHO...
please do!!!! hq if possible.
as for vl, i never liked them, but the calais was definately the best looking of the bunch.
the walkinshaw being the worst. ricer and bogan in one package.

MatsHolden
15th October 2009, 07:13 PM
the walkinshaw being the worst. ricer and bogan in one package.

No way. Have to disagree.:cool:

glider
15th October 2009, 07:16 PM
you'd definitely have to get one of these in a dark colour to help hide all of it IMHO.

agree, saw one outside a dealer on mains rd (for those intersted at zupps mt gravatt) at 3.30am and the front didn't look too bad...