PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed "Shift"

coyotte
23rd September 2009, 12:09 PM
Has anyone gone out and bought this yet ?
The reviews & previews do look sensational.
No cops n' guns, just racing ....

McTwistie
23rd September 2009, 12:39 PM
I have been an NFS fan for some time. NFS Hot Pursuit was great, then later NFS Most Wanted. I tried Underground and was dissapointed, then Carbon and it was not any better.

Shift is excellent. I am only into the first few races - and I don't have a streering wheel but it's still great fun.

Great cars, upgrades, races, special events, great sound and Graphics almost as good as GRID.

There should be a demo somewhere, but I think it's worth it

Cheers :)

hazrd
23rd September 2009, 12:40 PM
has it got online play?

McTwistie
23rd September 2009, 12:44 PM
IN buckets.. :D

Keep'emRunning
23rd September 2009, 12:48 PM
played it the last few nights.. control is very tricky, sometimes it's like driving on ice as the car lets go at the slightest provocation (even with the esp/tc helpers turned on)

Although there are lots of parameters to adjust.. joystick/keyboard deadzone/sensitivity, car tuning/upgrades etc so if you like endlessly playing with stuff more than actual racing then this is a game to spend weeks on.

Loading time between races is terrible too.

Imo Grid is more fun to play and instantaneous.

McTwistie
23rd September 2009, 02:00 PM
played it the last few nights.. control is very tricky, sometimes it's like driving on ice as the car lets go at the slightest provocation (even with the esp/tc helpers turned on)

Although there are lots of parameters to adjust.. joystick/keyboard deadzone/sensitivity, car tuning/upgrades etc so if you like endlessly playing with stuff more than actual racing then this is a game to spend weeks on.

Loading time between races is terrible too.

Imo Grid is more fun to play and instantaneous.

Grid is definately the Better game (Polished, Fast, Pretty, Accurate), but I found it to be a bit unforgiving at times, leading to frustration. Shift is simple fun while Grid is serious racing.

If Grid frustrated you then Shift may help, if You loved Grid, then Shift is probably too weak to compare.

Cheers