PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Benz C63 AMG

Shaun
21st September 2009, 09:34 PM
I think i have just found my ultimate car. I would love to get my hands on one for just a weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUCsXnSqSys&feature=related

scotty_gsi
21st September 2009, 10:03 PM
haha i drive these at work all the time they are immense they sound so good

poita
22nd September 2009, 12:15 AM
ummmmm takes me to the ken block video from top gear?

Wraith
22nd September 2009, 08:26 AM
They sure do sound good, as all V8's do :)

Shaun, I see these on a daily basis here in Southbank Melb. there's a Merc/AMG dealer just a few doors up and a Brabus centre here also just across the road from my work and these things along with others are up and down the streets around here all the time, often being thrashed (obvious test drive sessions), the sound from the exhaust is bliss, not need for exhaust mods on an AMG V8 :)

Ice
22nd September 2009, 09:03 AM
They sure do sound good, as all V8's do :)

Shaun, I see these on a daily basis here in Southbank Melb. there's a Merc/AMG dealer just a few doors up and a Brabus centre here also just across the road from my work and these things along with others are up and down the streets around here all the time, often being thrashed (obvious test drive sessions), the sound from the exhaust is bliss, not need for exhaust mods on an AMG V8 :)

pffft no need for any mods, haha

Ice
22nd September 2009, 09:03 AM
haha i drive these at work all the time they are immense they sound so good

we can just pop into the warehouse and take a look....infact take our pick !

btm
22nd September 2009, 09:26 AM
ummmmm takes me to the ken block video from top gear?
yeah same

CORZZA
22nd September 2009, 12:31 PM
Im a fan of the new E63 AMG

Apparently it quicker too

Shaun
22nd September 2009, 12:44 PM
My Old Dealer Princpal who i worked with @ Mercedes Benz who works else were now has a C63 AMG Sedan. I am yet to go for a run in it but he tells me he fried the rears tyres in 5000km .

Wraith
22nd September 2009, 12:50 PM
They're a bloody awesome car that's for sure, but prohibitively expensive for most of us :(

You need around 160k for a C63 and around 260k :eek: for an E63 or try around 440k :yikes: for a CL63

These price points however put you in line with many other choices, some better than these Mercs as well :)

Shaun
22nd September 2009, 12:54 PM
They're a bloody awesome car that's for sure, but prohibitively expensive for most of us :(

You need around 160k for a C63 and around 260k :eek: for an E63...

Both those price points however put you in line with many other choices, some better than these 2 Mercs as well :)

I know what you mean about being out of reach. You could by a GTS with plenty of change to spend on some Walkinshaw Mods .

The Exhaust though sounds tops though . I love the note they make.
I guess though for the $160k price tag they should sound good.

Wraith
22nd September 2009, 01:00 PM
I know what you mean about being out of reach. You could by a GTS with plenty of change to spend on some Walkinshaw Mods .

The Exhaust though sounds tops though . I love the note they make.
I guess though for the $160k price tag they should sound good.

LOL you quoted me before I finished, check out the pice points of the upper -63 variants :)

But yeah, they do sound awesome and for that much money you'd expect the best, but as we know with all prestige/exotic brands, alot of the money you pay is pure and simple rip off for the brand name and in our case here in Aust. tax - lots of taxes :mad:

There's no way they're worth the coin being asked for them, but whilst there's a market for them, those price points will always be there...

gman
22nd September 2009, 02:36 PM
They are everywhere here in HK!!! But they are SOOOOOO cool!!!!

Very popular, a lot more than the Audi or BMW equivilent, most likely due to the awesome noise they make.

However, there are certainly some questionable tuning mods done up here to them. Not so sure on the Black C63 with black/orange wheels, orange stripes and black/orange interior paint with black/orange leather...

Then again, the same guys did the same thing to his Bentley GT and his Cayenne turbo...More money than sense and proof you can't buy class IMHO... ;)

xplosv57
22nd September 2009, 07:20 PM
*yawn*

ill rather have this Merc thanks.......

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/xplosv57/13092009499.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/xplosv57/13092009498.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/xplosv57/13092009501.jpg

hazrd
22nd September 2009, 07:21 PM
http://members.iinet.net.au/~hazrd/wank4.gif

xplosv57
22nd September 2009, 07:24 PM
My Old Dealer Princpal who i worked with @ Mercedes Benz who works else were now has a C63 AMG Sedan. I am yet to go for a run in it but he tells me he fried the rears tyres in 5000km .

Spoke to a bloke a few months back who bought one of these, while he waited for his to arrive, Mercedes gave him a loaner C63 and over a weekend wore the tyres out and went through 5 or 6 tanks of fuel (getting like 250-300km a tank), so yeah if you drive it like you stole it, it won't wear well!!

[OPCSRi]
22nd September 2009, 07:47 PM
Mmmmmm sex on wheels. My sisters boss has one and it one tuff car.:D

sooty
22nd September 2009, 09:07 PM
*yawn*

Saw one on the weekend....it was definitely an "i need new underwear moment"...much lower and wider in the metal than you'd imagine..:o

MatsHolden
22nd September 2009, 11:34 PM
I wonder whose car that was Steve.

Wraith
23rd September 2009, 08:36 AM
*yawn*

Awesome machine, but...

Even if you could, would you fork out over 1/2 a million dollars for this thing though ???

Around 540k to be more accurate...it makes the pricing of all the those others I listed in the previous page look dirt cheap LOL...

For that kind of dosh, if I could go there, I'd be looking at something else to choose from in the exotica World of cars :)

btm
23rd September 2009, 08:52 AM
Awesome machine, but...

Even if you could, would you fork out over 1/2 a million dollars for this thing though ???

Around 540k to be more accurate...it makes the pricing of all the those others I listed in the previous page look dirt cheap LOL...

For that kind of dosh, if I could go there, I'd be looking at something else to choose from in the exotica World of cars :)

if you could go there, then i reckon you could go anywhere and have this as your tuesday car :D

TheOperator
23rd September 2009, 09:27 AM
alot of the money you pay is pure and simple rip off for the brand name and in our case here in Aust. tax - lots of taxes :mad:

There's no way they're worth the coin being asked for them, but whilst there's a market for them, those price points will always be there...

Yeah we get ripped a new asshole on vehicles like this is Aus.

I know this for a fact cause everytime Dad and Mum buy new cars in UK they just order straight from factory in Germany, get a huge saving (read Dad's current M3 tuned by Hamann was $40K Aus dollars cheaper then new here) and drive it back to UK.

But even buying in the UK itself with the taxes they have is still heaps cheaper than here, and the Brands involved can't tell me the transport plus taxes makes up that much difference :mad:

But as for C63, i love these things and it is causing a family rift as i keep saying to Dad to bar the M3 cause the Merc is better :D It's even better when Mum has joined in and said she wants one just to spite him :D

xplosv57
23rd September 2009, 10:07 AM
Awesome machine, but...

I think u answered the question, if i could, hell yes i would!

Greg K
23rd September 2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah we get ripped a new asshole on vehicles like this is Aus.

I know this for a fact cause everytime Dad and Mum buy new cars in UK they just order straight from factory in Germany, get a huge saving (read Dad's current M3 tuned by Hamann was $40K Aus dollars cheaper then new here) and drive it back to UK.

But even buying in the UK itself with the taxes they have is still heaps cheaper than here, and the Brands involved can't tell me the transport plus taxes makes up that much difference :mad:

But as for C63, i love these things and it is causing a family rift as i keep saying to Dad to bar the M3 cause the Merc is better :D It's even better when Mum has joined in and said she wants one just to spite him :D

$40 saving!! Thats huge!

If bought from Germany, wouldnt it have to be registered as an imported vehicle in the UK?? meaning higher taxes, insurance and rego costs etc?? how much did your dad save compared to buying an M3 in the UK?

Ice
23rd September 2009, 11:29 AM
Mercs full stop are a rip off ! yes yes you could argue technology and exclusivity....the only ones which are any real value are the C200K or the C220 CD1 all the other models are pretty much the same only have bigger motors in them and come on $100K more to put a V8 in it with ? like Wraith says....there are alot more attractive cars at that price.

TheOperator
23rd September 2009, 12:41 PM
$40 saving!! Thats huge!

If bought from Germany, wouldnt it have to be registered as an imported vehicle in the UK?? meaning higher taxes, insurance and rego costs etc?? how much did your dad save compared to buying an M3 in the UK?

No it's not classed as a import as you order the car to UK specs, your just cutting out the middle man and taking delivery from the Factory rather than your usual dealer ;) You then drive it back to UK with a Permit and pay road taxes, compulsory insurances etc once you get off the Euro Star at the nearest DVLA (RTA).

Doing so is actually quite a common practice over there, particularly when buying higher end stuff like AMG and M series etc!

As for compared to buying in UK, from memory i think he saved 10000 pounds, as it has a lot of Hamann gear on it which UK tuners rape you for. The other advantage of this is the car went from BMW to Hamann to do the work themselves and then delivered by BMW with full factory warranty :D

I'm pretty sure he had a similar saving on the CSL before that that had full M Sport catalogue in it, we really get screwed over in this Country :mad:

Wraith
23rd September 2009, 12:53 PM
if you could go there, then i reckon you could go anywhere and have this as your tuesday car :D

That's true...

However speaking for myself, Mercs or even Beemers just don't cut it in this price point, I'd fill the garage/mansion up with Ferraris and Lambos or the like for this kind of money :)

A possible exception would be the McLaren/Merc SL/R...

Tuesday car for me would be an Audi R8 or Nissan GT-R anyday over any Merc or Beemer ;)

Wraith
23rd September 2009, 12:58 PM
Mercs full stop are a rip off ! yes yes you could argue technology and exclusivity....the only ones which are any real value are the C200K or the C220 CD1 all the other models are pretty much the same only have bigger motors in them and come on $100K more to put a V8 in it with ? like Wraith says....there are alot more attractive cars at that price.

IMHO I'm with you on this one...

Look at the price points of those Mercs in the -63 range...they go from 160k all the way to 540k :skep: what a joke...

But hey for those who have the money and want to spend it on these things - go for it :thumbs:

Me, as said if I could I'd be rocking up to talk to Mr Zagame :D