PDA

View Full Version : New Ford Capri (Focus)

Wraith
18th September 2009, 08:50 AM
Move over Scirocco...

We can only hope this new model comes to Aust.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/235984/ford_capri_coming_at_last.html

And the new Focus on which the new Capri will be based...looks great, damn I might have to hold off and wait for these :)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/234878/new_focus_on_horizon.html

sooty
18th September 2009, 09:11 AM
Just MHO but that's hideous! since when did cars become one sweeping curve from bonnet to roof to boot! You need some definition. The front isn't TOO bad, but the rear is terrible!
Almost reminds me of the recent civic type r's, but they pull it off a lot better due to the more aggresive styling.

Wraith
18th September 2009, 09:15 AM
Just MHO but that's hideous! since when did cars become one sweeping curve from bonnet to roof to boot! You need some definition. The front isn't TOO bad, but the rear is terrible!
Almost reminds me of the recent civic type r's, but they pull it off a lot better due to the more aggresive styling.

Hopefully the real/end design/product will be better then :)

btm
18th September 2009, 09:31 AM
+1 on the civic type r look

but the front looks damn fine!

Calibrated
18th September 2009, 09:36 AM
wish the RS would come here :(

hazrd
18th September 2009, 09:38 AM
+2 civic type R look

looks like something u grow to like, then all of a sudden get bored of it... pretty much like the civic lol

Shaun
18th September 2009, 09:41 AM
I like the look of it.

chrissn89
18th September 2009, 12:59 PM
looks hot, i like it :)

USC
18th September 2009, 03:42 PM
New Focus looks retarded...inflated...wheels are too big...front bumper looks like the mouth of a fish...YUK!No thanks! Back looks crap too! I think car designers have run out of ideas! All cars are starting to look the same..horrible and cheap.

DirtyHarry
18th September 2009, 03:47 PM
whats horrible and cheap is sheila working on canterbury road.

mania
18th September 2009, 04:00 PM
I tend not to get excited over drawings =/, will keep the scirocco I think.

I do like it, but I get the impression it'd have some very peculiar looking angles if it comes out like that. Funny though, because I hate the type r :p

Wraith
18th September 2009, 04:16 PM
whats horrible and cheap is sheila working on canterbury road.

:lol:

USC
18th September 2009, 06:06 PM
anyways......this car is HORRID:spew::spew::spew::spew:

I much prefer the new Astra!

gmonkey
18th September 2009, 08:17 PM
I like it!! i mean id rather a scirroco but yeh its not to shabby at all!! capri that is (i love coupes) the focus however doesnt cut it..

1.6 turbo but??? or 2.0ltr turbo?? wheres my 2.5 5 cylinder turbo!! i dont care how thirsty it is and give me AWD damnit!

USC
18th September 2009, 11:55 PM
I like it!! i mean id rather a scirroco but yeh its not to shabby at all!! capri that is (i love coupes) the focus however doesnt cut it..

1.6 turbo but??? or 2.0ltr turbo?? wheres my 2.5 5 cylinder turbo!! i dont care how thirsty it is and give me AWD damnit!

The capri looks slightly better but that focus is..hmmm....

Would you SERIOUSLY buy one if they came in 2.5L 5 inline Turbo AWD?? I do not think many australians would spend that much money on a small hatch...they will not sell in huge amounts here..therefore not profitable.

Everybody goes on about the Scirroco..can I remind you that only the front looks nice on that car. The back side is ugly....deformed..must I say.

Ice
19th September 2009, 02:08 AM
love it, looks great ! but would still buy the scirocco....

USC
19th September 2009, 02:17 AM
love it, looks great ! but would still buy the scirocco....

even though it would cost like $60K here.....

rjastra
19th September 2009, 02:06 PM
even though it would cost like $60K here.....

Why would it (normal scirocco)? Its the same price as a Golf GTI overseas.

Actually, I saw a new Mk 6 GTI today. Definitely better in real life than the pics.

USC
19th September 2009, 11:23 PM
Why would it (normal scirocco)? Its the same price as a Golf GTI overseas.

Actually, I saw a new Mk 6 GTI today. Definitely better in real life than the pics.

Are the MK6 GTI out now??

rjastra
20th September 2009, 08:34 AM

Late october... but press and dealer cars are circulating.

Wraith
21st September 2009, 09:24 AM

Yes should be here by years end or early next year - I'm eagerly awaiting to compare it to the others on my short list, hopefully pricing won't kill it, although I suspect it will, lets see how good a package can be had for low 40k's, or maybe that's wishful thinking...

And hopefully with the added 'bits' its exterior styling looks alot better than the current MK6 variants as IMHO they're too plain and have no appeal, only the front end as you've said is any good because it's a direct copy off the Scirocco, otherwise borrrrring...

Just wish VW would bring in the Scirocco :)

USC
21st September 2009, 11:40 AM
Yes should be here by years end or early next year - I'm eagerly awaiting to compare it to the others on my short list, hopefully pricing won't kill it, although I suspect it will, lets see how good a package can be had for low 40k's, or maybe that's wishful thinking...

And hopefully with the added 'bits' its exterior styling looks alot better than the current MK6 variants as IMHO they're too plain and have no appeal, only the front end as you've said is any good because it's a direct copy off the Scirocco, otherwise borrrrring...

Just wish VW would bring in the Scirocco :)

or..why have the Scirocco?? Just stop production of the current ugly(except for front) and boring MK6 Golf and rebadge the Scirocco as Golf:D

Wraith
21st September 2009, 12:48 PM
or..why have the Scirocco?? Just stop production of the current ugly(except for front) and boring MK6 Golf and rebadge the Scirocco as Golf:D

Agree, but no need to re-badge, just bring in and replace the Golf variants with the Scirocco range...

New name and new much better looking vehicle with various models - people will go for it over a Golf no probs :)

VW give the people what they want, not what you want us to have !!! :D

rjastra
21st September 2009, 01:29 PM
Agree, but no need to re-badge, just bring in and replace the Golf variants with the Scirocco range...

What "range" is that? :)

USC
21st September 2009, 03:45 PM
What "range" is that? :)

probably like base model, executive model, sport model...something along those lines.

Wraith
22nd September 2009, 08:44 AM
probably like base model, executive model, sport model...something along those lines.

Correct... :)

Bring in the Scirocco range or models/variants to replace the Golfs...

There are almost as many variants of the Scirocco as there are of the Golf, so it's not like VW will have a short or narrow range spread, there would be something for everybody in the Scirocco range for the VW Golf buying demographic :)

I'm absolutely certain if they did a survey, most of their Golf buying customers would happily switch over to or choose the Scirocco over the Golf...

AFAIK the Scirocco will be going over to the US market, VW there don't seem to have a problem putting it along side their Golf or Rabbit as it's called there (BTW what a stupid name LOL) I reckon people will swap over just so they can't be called rabbit drivers :lol:

rjastra
22nd September 2009, 09:18 AM
Scirocco is sold on engine type :- 1.4TSI, 2L TDI and 2L TSFI, not specifically on equipment level (there are only 2 equipment levels). The cheapest RHD Scirocco is roughly in the Golf GTI price range.

Not sure how it could replace the Golf range here seeing as Australians aren't overly excited by 3 door cars.

US will not get the Scirocco. They will get the Golf R as there highline sports model. The Rabbit nameplate will be dropped (again) for Golf

Wraith
22nd September 2009, 01:10 PM
Scirocco is sold on engine type :- 1.4TSI, 2L TDI and 2L TSFI, not specifically on equipment level (there are only 2 equipment levels). The cheapest RHD Scirocco is roughly in the Golf GTI price range.

Not sure how it could replace the Golf range here seeing as Australians aren't overly excited by 3 door cars.

US will not get the Scirocco. They will get the Golf R as there highline sports model. The Rabbit nameplate will be dropped (again) for Golf

Ah, thanks for the correction...probably more variants to follow ??

Oh well the yanks miss out then as we do :(

Shaun
22nd September 2009, 04:30 PM

Ive seen some on the road here in Sydney. 2 or 3 so far and i dont believe they are press cars.

USC
22nd September 2009, 05:32 PM

What is the difference between TSI and TSFI?
Is it Turbo sequential or supercharge injection and Turbo sequential or supercharge fuel injection? :p

Wraith
23rd September 2009, 08:44 AM
What is the difference between TSI and TSFI?
Is it Turbo sequential or supercharge injection and Turbo sequential or supercharge fuel injection? :p

The TSI is used for the twin charger powerplant...

TSFI stands for "Turbo Stratified Fuel Injection"...

I've got pics and literature on it at home, it basically is a slightly modified form of feeding the air into the cylinder chambers...

Here's a pic. (stratified injection on the right)

http://i34.tinypic.com/m7aqkm.jpg