PDA

View Full Version : Opinions On SMD Colour

jastra
17th September 2009, 06:10 PM
Want to do an SMD conversion in my car im thinking red but not sure how it will look on my dials and if i should decide on blue, if any one can photoshop that would be good or opinions from people who have seen it done before. Also Anyone who has actually installed these before and is willing to do it for me that would be great. Also a good place to get them from, Ebay?

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jasonb1992/P9170461.jpg

Cheers

sooty
17th September 2009, 06:20 PM
Blue..
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt287/jamesdf85/IMG_0691.jpg

Red
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/alexfi_2006/LEDS/DSC00097.jpg

green (corsa VXR but looks similar)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/leeproctor/IMG_1175.jpg

Calibrated
17th September 2009, 06:30 PM
blue

Clarky__SRi
17th September 2009, 07:15 PM
Blue FTW!!

guy 27
17th September 2009, 07:39 PM
white or blue. maybe pink :D

gmonkey
17th September 2009, 07:49 PM
im going white soon... will show ya sometime once its done..

www.ledconversions.co.uk is best spot guy is called darren.

i dont mind the green actually^^ Red looks the worst, looks to close to the already orange

sooty
17th September 2009, 07:51 PM
im going white soon... will show ya sometime once its done..

www.ledconversions.co.uk (http://www.ledconversions.co.uk) is best spot guy is called darren.

i dont mind the green actually^^ Red looks the worst, looks to close to the already orange

Yeah Daz (vxrcourt3 on vxronline) is the guy to speak to, although not sure how much involvement he still has in it after his big win. But i quoted mainly to agree on the green, actually probs my favourite now i've seen that pic.

mania
17th September 2009, 08:03 PM
I opted blue and white when I did it, white to break the monotony :). Quite like the green above too!

KingOfAstras
17th September 2009, 08:10 PM
Blue all the way ;-)! However being different is always a good thing.

sadavidsriturbo
17th September 2009, 08:32 PM
Blue all the way ;-)! However being different is always a good thing.

Not necessarily ;)

Wraith
18th September 2009, 08:12 AM
Combination of blue and red like 1st pic in Ain's post looks best IMO...

sooty
18th September 2009, 09:02 AM
Combination of blue and red like 1st pic in Ain's post looks best IMO...
that's just blue, the red comes from the dials where they have km/h and miles/h
Still, our dash still has the red numbers at 30 and 50, and the red needles...so would look pretty much the same.

Wraith
18th September 2009, 09:13 AM
that's just blue, the red comes from the dials where they have km/h and miles/h
Still, our dash still has the red numbers at 30 and 50, and the red needles...so would look pretty much the same.

Ah I see :)

Used to mine in the TS which I've fully converted to be a similar display of red and blue, except I've left the amber trip and distance displays as is :)

sooty
18th September 2009, 09:15 AM
Ah I see :)

Used to mine in the TS which I've fully converted to be a similar display of red and blue, except I've left the amber trip and distance displays as is :)
I'm sure it looks awesome, i'll see it....one day :p

Wraith
18th September 2009, 10:00 AM

As Steve put it in the HSV open day thread - all the stars, planets, moons, must all be aligned correctly etc. etc. etc. for miracles to happen :D

Shay
18th September 2009, 11:47 AM
red, cos youve already done some red.
and im doin red too

jastra
18th September 2009, 12:23 PM
red, cos youve already done some red.
and im doin red too

huh? i havent done any yet lol the only thing im not sure about the red is the blending with the redline in the dials. this is my confusion :P

imay
18th September 2009, 01:39 PM

I can confirm that this particular convertible DOES in fact exist . . . but you will have to travel vast distances to tempt to Ange to bring it out of it's hiding spot!

Hey Ange, it's been that long I've almost forgotten what your vert looks like! May need to travel to Melbourne again just to confirm I wasn't dreaming! :D

Wraith
18th September 2009, 01:54 PM
I can confirm that this particular convertible DOES in fact exist . . . but you will have to travel vast distances to tempt to Ange to bring it out of it's hiding spot!

Hey Ange, it's been that long I've almost forgotten what your vert looks like! May need to travel to Melbourne again just to confirm I wasn't dreaming! :D

Hahaha LOL yes you've seen more of it than anybody else on this forum :)

However even more goodies are in place compared to when you were last here - full custom plasma dash (which looks exactly the same as the stock one when static except for red needles) is up and running again and some other little internal gadgets in place, I've still got my glare focused under the bonnet too, how I've restrained myself in this area up till now, I don't know...maybe it's the lack of spare time these days and enjoying myself so much out and about checking out all the latest vehicle offerings with my spare time...

Oh well, it ain't going anywhere, so the progress/modding will continue at a relaxed pace from here on :)

BTW anytime your thinking of venturing here again, please let me know would be great to catch up and just maybe I might be able to head over your way in the near future :)

jastra
28th September 2009, 02:56 PM
anyone on here from perth done this conversion themselves or know of anyone who can do it? Would do it myself but looks too fiddly for me :P

imay
28th September 2009, 04:09 PM
BTW anytime your thinking of venturing here again, please let me know would be great to catch up and just maybe I might be able to head over your way in the near future :)

Thanks for the invite . . . would be a pleasure I hope to take you up on one day soon(ish).
And of course the GOR is always open from Melbourne to Adelaide now the sun is shining again!
We are venturing to Brisbane in a couple of weeks time for a fact-finding trip (flying . . . not driving unfortunately). Just going up to see what all the fuss is about and see if it's worthwhile investing in a bit of real estate up that way!!!!

Shay
28th September 2009, 05:48 PM
i think alex (mania) may have done it to his

glider
28th September 2009, 06:09 PM
green dials remind me of the dash in old cars/trucks

blue definitely for me

mmahle
28th September 2009, 06:10 PM
Anyone know anyone in Melbourne I can PAY to do this? I don't think I'm smart of brave enough to endeavor this myself. :P

mania
28th September 2009, 06:11 PM
Mine have been done... had help from my dad for some of it though. Don't think I'd be willing to do anyone elses though, outside of just tips/pointers... really is quite fiddly, and would hate to break anything.