PDA

View Full Version : HSV/HRT Open Day

Nurb608
16th September 2009, 06:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is thinking of going down this Sunday?

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=67294

xplosv57
16th September 2009, 07:09 PM
Provided i haven't drowned in alcohol the night before, i'm there!!!

Since you gotta come down this way, feel free to pick me up Rory =P

Nurb608
16th September 2009, 07:32 PM
Provided i haven't drowned in alcohol the night before, i'm there!!!

Since you gotta come down this way, feel free to pick me up Rory =P

Lol, no worries, so long as I can get my car started, and no, not holdens fault, waiting for a recovery file from the uk, grrrr.

xplosv57
16th September 2009, 07:35 PM
Ahhh you broked it!!!

Yeah i'm close to HSV HQ so that would be cool, i think Mat may cruise down too!!

Nurb608
16th September 2009, 07:39 PM
lol, you should have seen the look on the missus face when i told her it wont start, the look of "You Idiot" is a great one when no words are broken :D

I'll let ya know when I'm swingin down that way, will have Tahlia with me cause Kylies got a state pool comp on.

xplosv57
16th September 2009, 07:41 PM
lol, you should have seen the look on the missus face when i told her it wont start, the look of "You Idiot" is a great one when no words are broken :D

I'll let ya know when I'm swingin down that way, will have Tahlia with me cause Kylies got a state pool comp on.

Haha oh dear, get it started otherwise she'll never let you live it down!!

Yeah mate sounds good, love going thru the HSV garage!!

[OPCSRi]
16th September 2009, 08:15 PM
Spewing i can't go I've got a wedding on. But i do suggest that you get there early to beat the rush.

Nurb608
16th September 2009, 08:21 PM
Haha oh dear, get it started otherwise she'll never let you live it down!!

Yeah mate sounds good, love going thru the HSV garage!!

Car now fixed, wife happy and i'll be there :D

Nurb608
16th September 2009, 08:22 PM
;487800']Spewing i can't go I've got a wedding on. But i do suggest that you get there early to beat the rush.

Ditch the wedding, they'll understand :p

[OPCSRi]
16th September 2009, 08:25 PM
I can't it's a best mates plus there is alot of drinking to be done.:D

xplosv57
16th September 2009, 08:28 PM
Car now fixed, wife happy and i'll be there :D

SWEEEEEEEEEEET can show the V8 HSV fan boys what a VXR is capable of!!

;487818']I can't it's a best mates plus there is alot of drinking to be done.:D

Rock up after the wedding pissed, im sure HSV won't mind!!!

"eyyyyyyyyyyyy *hiccup* mate, mind if i take this for a spin *burp*"

[OPCSRi]
16th September 2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah thrash a brand new E2 GTS:yikes: I'll shoiw them how to drive the thing.:p

xplosv57
16th September 2009, 08:46 PM
;487828']Yeah thrash a brand new E2 GTS:yikes: I'll shoiw them how to drive the thing.:p

Then smash the front into a wall and make it look pretty!! :p

Nurb608
16th September 2009, 08:47 PM
Rock up after the wedding pissed, im sure HSV won't mind!!!

"eyyyyyyyyyyyy *hiccup* mate, mind if i take this for a spin *burp*"

lol, maybe we try that at 10am? :p

[OPCSRi]
16th September 2009, 08:49 PM
If the home brew comes out................LOOK OUT!!!:p

hazrd
16th September 2009, 08:53 PM
eh, why not

ill drag the missus down too, she might like it :p

Nurb608
16th September 2009, 09:25 PM
eh, why not

ill drag the missus down too, she might like it :p

might aswell, get to see the factory, the new series 2 HSV's in the flesh and your gold coin donation goes to fixing my prostate :D

hazrd
16th September 2009, 09:34 PM
seen/been in the shed already :D just havent seen the E2 in there lol

the Woolworths Clayton DC was next door before we closed it down and moved all the stock across to our current new shed

was awesome to see some of the stuff they did in there !! and to see it all again ;)

and hey, anything cancer related full stop ill throw more than a gold coin at it :yesnod:

xplosv57
16th September 2009, 09:36 PM
seen/been in the shed already :D just havent seen the E2 in there lol

the Woolworths Clayton DC was next door before we closed it down and moved all the stock across to our current new shed

Hmm my work must have bought the old Woolies joint then, cos were next door to HSV now!!!

Nurb608
16th September 2009, 09:37 PM
Should be a good day, even if only to expose my next of kin to the world of motorsport :D And i believe merchandise will be going cheap, hopefully :p

poita
16th September 2009, 09:38 PM
and hey, anything cancer related full stop ill throw more than a gold coin at it :yesnod:

cant argue with that!

hazrd
16th September 2009, 09:39 PM
Hmm my work must have bought the old Woolies joint then, cos were next door to HSV now!!!

correct ;)
lot of work to be done for u guys though, gotta get rid of all the asbestos :p

Should be a good day, even if only to expose my next of kin to the world of motorsport :D And i believe merchandise will be going cheap, hopefully :p

REAL cheap.... i used to pick up stuff all the time
my last visit there cost me 90 bucks... walked away with three polos, a hat, a jumper, and a long sleeve :eek:

xplosv57
16th September 2009, 09:44 PM
correct ;)
lot of work to be done for u guys though, gotta get rid of all the asbestos :p

Meh i dont work there hehe!!

Nurb608
16th September 2009, 09:45 PM
REAL cheap.... i used to pick up stuff all the time
my last visit there cost me 90 bucks... walked away with three polos, a hat, a jumper, and a long sleeve :eek:

Yeah, used to love when the brother worked there, $5 for tops etc, bloody awesome :D Might have to get some kids clothes aswell, just to keep the young one happy.

MatsHolden
16th September 2009, 10:12 PM
ill be heading there at some stage with my old man. I remember the last hrt family day at clayton, i got my photo taken with brocky beside his VR!

Shaun
17th September 2009, 08:30 AM
Had i known earlier i would have looked for a cheap flight down to have a look

Wraith
17th September 2009, 08:59 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is thinking of going down this Sunday?

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=67294

Been to many of these and other HSV functions in the past...these days I have little interest for them, but if alot of you guys will be there and ' if ' I can get some time to myself on Sunday I'll rock up, it'll be a good oportunity to catch up with you all :)

Nurb608
17th September 2009, 11:53 AM
Get down Ange, and bring that Vert of yours :D

xplosv57
17th September 2009, 12:13 PM
Get down Ange, and bring that Vert of yours :D

Gee i guess that depends on the temperature, humidity, wind factor, if the moons align correctly and then maybe then the vert might come out! =P

Wraith
17th September 2009, 12:18 PM
Gee i guess that depends on the temperature, humidity, wind factor, if the moons align correctly and then maybe then the vert might come out! =P

Exactly right !!! :D

Hope all take note of the above, so I'm not pestered ' if ' I do get the chance to go and show up in something else - might drive the Mazda Tribute SUV :p

Ice
17th September 2009, 04:05 PM
Exactly right !!! :D

Hope all take note of the above, so I'm not pestered ' if ' I do get the chance to go and show up in something else - might drive the Mazda Tribute SUV :p

haha...you need to drive the vert otherwise your lines will dry up.

Wraith
17th September 2009, 05:12 PM
haha...you need to drive the vert otherwise your lines will dry up.

Don't worry, I take proper 'preventative' care of all my irregularly driven vehicles :)

I start her up and let it run for min. 20mins. min. once a fortnight, if not driven within that period and 'tickle' the throttle during that time, I also run through the gears on the spot and rotate the wheels to a different position, pump the brakes etc. etc...

Other tricks like separating wiper blades from windshield etc. to not leave marks are also done :)

Then it's back to hybernation :D

It's only covered 1,500km in the last 12 months, but I'll be taking it out alot more come this summer :)

That's the sheltered life its got due to 4 other cars I have, otherwise it'd be clocking up 30-35,000km per annum...

poita
17th September 2009, 08:32 PM
check out the new line of merch

www.hsv.com.au/black

see if you can score some while you are there :)

MatsHolden
21st September 2009, 12:32 PM
Did someone from here ring me yesterday? Had a missed call and a voice mail message but the message was all broken up so couldn't make it out. Thought it may have been someone from here asking about the open day?