PDA

View Full Version : Recall notice received from Holden for AH astra

Bigkahoona
9th September 2009, 10:45 PM
Hi all.
I received a letter from Holden today advising that I have to bring the wife's car in to the dealership to check for and rectify a possible fault with the auto trans cooler.
Her car is a AH Astra CDX with auto trans obviously.
Any one else been getting these letters?
Has anyone had their auto box overheat and fail from this type of fault?
There must be a few otherwise why the recall.

HoldenAstra
9th September 2009, 11:21 PM
Astra AH is a old car.
Recall now???

USC
9th September 2009, 11:50 PM
yeah...weird!! AH first came out in 2004!!!!!!!

Vectracious
10th September 2009, 12:11 AM
Bigkahoona's car might be a later version, or it could be an earlier model and the fault has only just been discovered...

It might even be some service dude at Holden HQ has just opened the email he got from Opel 4 years ago to see the TSB about the Auto trans - who knows??? :p

mania
10th September 2009, 12:18 AM
Recalls often just apply to small batches where something was done differently. ie there was an AH recall on the few month batch just after mine due to some bolts being a few mm undersize.

Wraith
10th September 2009, 08:23 AM
Astra AH is a old car.
Recall now???

It's been out for a while, but it's still the current model...

Not unusual for late recalls, it happens and I suppose better late than never if it's a major problem :)

kirssn
10th September 2009, 08:48 AM
holden were only notified about 6 weeks ago that this issue existed.............. i know my other half has been working on this recall for a few weeks now.

Shaun
10th September 2009, 08:56 AM
Astra AH is a old car.
Recall now???

Recalls can happen @ anytime. Problems arent found until there sold and out there running in a day to day enviroment.

USC
10th September 2009, 09:40 AM
So..does the cooler leak or something??

Bigkahoona
10th September 2009, 07:47 PM
The wifes Astra is a MY07.5 model, current shape.
The notice says that "a fault may exist in the vehicles automatic transmission cooling system within the radiator. If not addressed, it may cause internal transmission damage".
It goes on from there to say that my vehicle is in the effected range but not what the range is.

Recalls can happen at any time. Previously had one come out on a car I had that was 6 years old. Had to take it in and they fixed the issue no problems. Even got a loan car for the day which is rare nowdays.