PDA

View Full Version : HSV E Series 2

Shaun
9th September 2009, 03:20 PM
As Promised by HSV the release of the E Series 2 Has happened.
http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2009/large-passenger/hsv/clubsport/hsv-e2-range-model-by-model-16548

mania
9th September 2009, 03:26 PM
What an ugly car! The ever widening/bulkening as it gets lower of the front bumper with the most hideous implementation of LED lights I've ever seen =/. Really, really hope it looks better in real life, as I like the current model HSVs :(.

And the insignia style wheels don't suit the tourer/maloo at all imo. Again, would have to see it in person - but could those DRLs be any tackier? What have Audi done!

EDIT: Feel nervous for saying this, seeing as I don't know anyone elses opinions on the car :p. Wondering if I'm opening myself to flames - just feel the current model is a lot cleaner and overall better looking.

Wraith
9th September 2009, 03:43 PM
Need to see it in the metal for a final comment, but ATM I can agree somewhat with mania - bloody aweful...

Too many holes and shapes going on there, it just looks like a mess IMO both the front and rear...

Those DDL's look nice but a bit tacky too, they look like a real cheap knock off a fine Audi feature :rolleyes:

Nurb608
9th September 2009, 03:46 PM
I'm with you Alex, what the f*#k are they thinking in the style department.

nuggz
9th September 2009, 03:48 PM
woah
thats a shocker
i do like some elements of the syling( middle section of rear bar and front lower opening)

but its looks like a skyricer has got his hand onto the drawing board

mania
9th September 2009, 03:49 PM
Too many holes and shapes going on there, it just looks like a mess IMO both the front and rear...

I think that is the main issue for me. Forwards from the front doors I count 9 separate grills in to the engine bay.. =/. The red GTS has black nostrils, chrome.. lower nostrils, matt black in the middle of the bumper, and bright white LEDs. All just seems too brash =/

Wraith
9th September 2009, 03:57 PM
I think that is the main issue for me. Forwards from the front doors I count 9 separate grills in to the engine bay.. =/. The red GTS has black nostrils, chrome.. lower nostrils, black in the middle of the bumper, and bright white LEDs. All just seems too brash =/

Just looking at it again, even the toned down Senator looks odd...

And the GTS's wheels are just plain ugly/wrong...

I'll await to see them in the metal and see if they're better in real life :skep:

dub_sri
9th September 2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah I saw the pre-production models (the previous company I worked for does visual communications work for HSV), and I have been waiting to say this...

I'm really not a fan, with the exception of the senator.

I never liked tri-spoke wheels and the color treatments on the GTS make them look that way.

I said to the guy from HSV, who I am not sure sees me in the same light anymore, that I didn't really care for them. He loves them, but things like this are always really subjective...

Wraith
9th September 2009, 04:09 PM
I said to the guy from HSV, who I am not sure sees me in the same light anymore, that I didn't really care for them. He loves them, but things like this are always really subjective...

That's true, each to their own and hopefully there are those who like these new updates and hopefully they sell enough to keep themselves viable...

dub_sri
9th September 2009, 04:11 PM
That's right mate, everyone sees what they want in a car. No doubt they will sell to a certain demographic.

mania
9th September 2009, 04:12 PM
Seems we're not alone. Their own target audience (http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=125142) are talking brand damage.

The senator does look better here:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/2010_hsv_e2_senator_01.jpg

But I agree with the poster that says it looks like it's got a fat lip.

Wraith
9th September 2009, 04:15 PM
Seems we're not alone. Their own target audience (http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=125142) are talking brand damage.

The senator does look better here:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/2010_hsv_e2_senator_01.jpg

But I agree with the poster that says it looks like it's got a fat lip.

Oh no, these things are going to cop a similar flogging the new Mazda 3 has copped with it's front end name tags LOL...

EL BURITO
9th September 2009, 04:22 PM
GTS has a Viva front

mania
9th September 2009, 04:24 PM
I feel HSV haven't even tried. Beyond looking for places to stick more grills obviously. Check out what one poster did (http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=1584452&postcount=96) with a few minutes in paint - immediate improvement imo. Actually fits the senators role in the lineup.

GreyRex
9th September 2009, 04:26 PM

Whoa!!

13 pages in 7 hours

Everyone's got something to say about it!!

GreyRex
9th September 2009, 04:37 PM
Anyone see a similarity?

Shaun
9th September 2009, 04:43 PM
I'm holding my judgement. However i believe the Exhaust is a copy of the VXR exhaust out the rear in terms of shape of the exhaust tips.

mania
9th September 2009, 04:44 PM
Haha that's brilliant. The rear follows the same theme too.

btm
9th September 2009, 04:47 PM
:yikes: what have they done!

USC
9th September 2009, 04:53 PM
Looks so UGLY!!:spew:

and people laugh at the mazda 3...check out the front bumper..lol...worst looking car I have seen in a long time.

Calibrated
9th September 2009, 05:03 PM
and in today's news.

Holden sink further into GM's spare parts bin. to produce what is probably the ugliest commodore sine the VL.

The F.U.C.K are they thinking?

I hope someone at Audi gives them a big smack across the back of the head.

Wraith
9th September 2009, 05:03 PM
Anyone see a similarity?

Hhahahahaha LOL another golden one :lol:

Wraith
9th September 2009, 05:05 PM
Looks so UGLY!!:spew:

and people laugh at the mazda 3...check out the front bumper..lol...worst looking car I have seen in a long time.

Yes, was thinking the same and hinted that in one of my previous posts...

No where to run now for all the GMH/HSV fans that knocked the new Mazda 3 in this manner...;)

mania
9th September 2009, 05:08 PM
Hey, I take insult to that. I knock both the Mazda 3 and the new HSV :D

SSS_Hoon
9th September 2009, 05:25 PM
and in today's news.

Holden sink further into GM's spare parts bin. to produce what is probably the ugliest commodore sine the VL.

The F.U.C.K are they thinking?

I hope someone at Audi gives them a big smack across the back of the head.

oi mate, the VL is the best commonwhore/bogandoor they have made to date not the ugliest.

I dont like it, but then again i wasnt a real fan of the series 1(whatever the first lot were called) either

SSS_Hoon

BEK-46P
9th September 2009, 05:47 PM
Meh, nothing spesh.

xplosv57
9th September 2009, 05:48 PM
I can officially now say i hate the new Commodore!! Was never a big fan of the VE, but the HSV models kept me enjoying the car i've loved for many years, now they release this eye sore, pig of a car and i can safely move on to something better!!

poita
9th September 2009, 06:00 PM
im undecided

will wait till i see one in the flesh

HappySlapper82
9th September 2009, 06:00 PM
oi mate, the VL is the best commonwhore/bogandoor they have made to date not the ugliest.

I dont like it, but then again i wasnt a real fan of the series 1(whatever the first lot were called) either

SSS_Hoon

I disagree. IMO the VK calais with a genuine brock grill was the nicest commonwhore ever made, and now they're worth more too.

xplosv57
9th September 2009, 06:02 PM
The only one i'd buy is the Maloo, cos i'd only have to change the front bumper to the decent series one version!!

xplosv57
9th September 2009, 06:03 PM
Anyone see a similarity?

Haha yep, good find!!!

Nurb608
9th September 2009, 06:06 PM
I disagree. IMO the VK calais with a genuine brock grill was the nicest commonwhore ever made, and now they're worth more too.

VL Aero or Director :cornut:

MatsHolden
9th September 2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah, had a feeling this wasn't going to be pretty. haha I'll reserve final judgement until I see one in the flesh, but there's too much happening there.

poita
9th September 2009, 06:15 PM
front is waaaaay too busy

xplosv57
9th September 2009, 06:16 PM
VL Aero or Director :cornut:

Nah mate, VL Calais Turbo with no springs and fake 20" VY Signatures....

Mates boss has the original Director, the one featured in the Peter Brock ads and the infamous Polariser lol!!

Yeah, had a feeling this wasn't going to be pretty. haha I'll reserve final judgement until I see one in the flesh, but there's too much happening there.

Yeah way too much happening, guessing they may have some on display at Phillip Island!!

sooty
9th September 2009, 06:18 PM
that's just hideous, may look different in the metal/plastic....but...i really doubt it.

hazrd
9th September 2009, 06:28 PM
good god

wheels on tourer/r8/maloo look cheap
front looks like a bulldozer
rear bar looks too.... i dunno... not right

im with most ppl wanting to see one in the lot though...

MatsHolden
9th September 2009, 06:48 PM
Actually.. put it in black and I could deal with it. The 'busyness' is toned down then.

DirtyHarry
9th September 2009, 09:48 PM
looks like the holden design team ran out of ideas and decided to make more holes in the commodore, everything just looks out of place and tacy.
whats wrong with these people?
i guess they are only setting themselves up to do a much better and pleasant VE replacement model.

alts
9th September 2009, 10:01 PM
Those exhausts on the ute are tiny! Way too much attention to detail on the front bar. :mad:

dieselhead
9th September 2009, 10:04 PM
I know what's going on. Serious people lost a lot of money due to the GFC, but there are still plenty of cashed up bogans out there. That's HSV's target now, easy to guess by looking at those scoops and that hideous spoiler...

BEK-46P
9th September 2009, 10:05 PM
The Senator in black with the optional 20"s is smoking hot.

ChrisMaz
9th September 2009, 10:08 PM
Look how filthy the front of the tourer looks! Chunky face. Slim body. :spew:

Vectracious
9th September 2009, 10:29 PM
but there are still plenty of cashed up bogans out there. That's HSV's target now, easy to guess by looking at those scoops and that hideous spoiler...

CUB's have been their target market for a few years now. Everyone else buys a BMW.

E Series 1 HSV's were good, these look spectacularly sh*t.

Greg K
10th September 2009, 08:09 AM
its way too busy!! the front looks like its got a fat lip and two sets of nostrils... and the rear would look great if it wasnt for those useless grilles on the corner..

looks like HSV bought the drop-out designer from Audi and gave him the lead role in design...

if HSV were keen to bring out the Insignia VXR, then why not style the HSV E2 similar to that of the Insignia... i mean just look at it!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/1983GregK/Insignia/2009-vauxhall-insignia-vxr-side-588.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/1983GregK/Insignia/Vauxhall-Insignia_VXR_2010_800x600_.jpg

i know which one id rather buy!

Wraith
10th September 2009, 08:29 AM
CUB's have been their target market for a few years now. Everyone else buys a BMW.

Spot on !!!

But it's been this way for at least a decade Pete.

When I purchased my HSV R8 back in '99 and then participated in the many HSV 'activities' and got to see what the majority of the HSV demographic was all about, it was a major turn off...

Lets not even get into the breed of CUB's that purchase BMW's...:rolleyes:

As for these new HSV's I can see them looking ok in the darker colours as some have mentioned, definitely the Senator I think is the nicest of the bunch, lets see how the sales go for here on...

Shaun
10th September 2009, 09:00 AM
I think it has a little Lancer look about it in the front. Bottom corners of the bar. I think the design will grow on the public. People dont like change that is dramatic. But over time things grow on people and they will come to like it. My Pic of the bunch would be the Tourer R8 Wagon.

CORZZA
10th September 2009, 09:21 AM
Im sorry..................they have turned the E-series into a FUGLY!!:eek:

Why could they not just do some minor changes!

Holden spent millions on these changes that dont really appeal

gmonkey
10th September 2009, 11:56 AM
For anyone that hasnt seen the ad to go with this utter peice of crap car.. (is it done by 8 year olds or is it just me) does the car jusitce as it suits the car, its shit aswell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-iCpXLfCZk

if it wasnt computer animated, me thinks this ad would have got the same attention as the new Z4 ad, banned for hooning (like most holden ads in history :p)

mania
10th September 2009, 12:16 PM
The ad is very fitting for the car. I half have it in my mind to complain about it to the ad board if only to get its tackiness off the air :rolleyes:. I don't know what HSV are doing :(, are they trying to ruin their brand?

gmonkey
10th September 2009, 12:17 PM
it was always ruined alex.. to the exception of the astra HSV :p HSV is just another way of saying a commodore in a party frock and a bits they should have put on the car originally... :p

GreyRex
10th September 2009, 12:19 PM
it was always ruined alex.. to the exception of the astra HSV :p HSV is just another way of saying a commodore in a party frock and a bits they should have put on the car originally... :p

+1

Truer words have never been spoken :)

mania
10th September 2009, 12:21 PM
I have a guilty liking for... well most the previous generations of HSVs. Just this latest one - when did the offspring of a skyricer and a CUB become their target market?

gmonkey
10th September 2009, 12:23 PM
they went with same idea as subaru has... make the holes bigger bigger scoops bigger buldges for that ultimate fresh turd look (it acctually resembles the previous shape wrx in the front a little)

xplosv57
10th September 2009, 12:23 PM
with that statement then you could say the same with the vxr, should be all the bits they didnt put on the sri t.

Nurb608
10th September 2009, 12:25 PM
This kinda reminds me of all the hoo hah when the HSV brand was first launched. The majority of people hated the VL Walkinshaw when it was first released, even branded it "The Plastic Pig".

Only difference is I actually like the Walky, these are just ridiculous.

poita
10th September 2009, 12:26 PM
with that statement then you could say the same with the vxr, should be all the bits they didnt put on the sri t.

rofl i was thinking the same thing.

and fpv with the falcons,

bmw and the m series etc etc etc

GreyRex

Was waiting for that comment...

But in terms of looks, they're very similar

The VXR didn't destroy the Astra's look IMO

This new HSV meanwhile... hmm...

Nurb608

Except the vxr isn't a HSV if you ask the HSV Owners Club :p

mania
10th September 2009, 12:29 PM
That's ok, you probably don't want to be associated with them either :p

xplosv57
10th September 2009, 12:31 PM
well thats just the new hsv's, to say theyve always been ruined is just dumb. Just look at how many have sold over the years, and id rather a different looking car for the extra money then a few different grilles and badges.

Wraith
10th September 2009, 12:38 PM

Don't know about that one gmonkey...I'm certainly a fan of and have owned some of the previous models, don't think they were always ruined...

However I can tell you for a fact that amongst the great majority of HSV owners (ie. the real HSV's the V8's) and amongst alot of the people within HSV themselves, it is the VXR and any other future planned 4 potters or non V8's that are ruining it for them ;)

But unfortunately for these people, it's a sign of the times and they have to shift to different vehicles to suit market demand/circumstances in order to survive...

ROCCO
10th September 2009, 12:39 PM
gotta love how HSV has adopted the audi lights now lol

GreyRex
10th September 2009, 12:46 PM

So has Skoda, so has Mercedes

I wonder how long they'll be around for

and what the next interpretation of them will be

Nurb608
10th September 2009, 12:46 PM
However I can tell you for a fact that amongst the great majority of HSV owners (ie. the real HSV's the V8's) and amongst alot of the people within HSV themselves, it is the VXR and any other future planned 4 potters or non V8's that are ruining it for them ;)

Still better than the first HSV Astra :p

GreyRex
10th September 2009, 12:47 PM

Beast!! :D

The SV1800?

Shaun
10th September 2009, 12:49 PM
Except the vxr isn't a HSV if you ask the HSV Owners Club :p

That's Not TRUE in the HSV Owners Club Of NSW. Myself and Archie were members last year of the HSV Owners Club of NSW with our VXR's. Many members there love the VXR.

As for other comments by others about HSV damaging the Brand i dont think its the case. I think its just people arent used to something so that stands out for a while from HSV. However the grille isnt that bad as its similar to the Pontiac G8 but not as announced. I think once people see the car in person they may like it alittle more. a saw a picture from side on and its not as bad as it looks from front on. And some angles from the front it looks not as bad either so it could just be lighting and angles we are seeing it from.
Shaun

Wraith
10th September 2009, 12:54 PM

Oh God, don't even remind me of that POS...

It's that kind of marketing and trying to milk something out of nothing that ruins it for me with HSV and they're so good at doing it over and over again :rolleyes:

Wraith
10th September 2009, 12:59 PM
That's Not TRUE in the HSV Owners Club Of NSW. Myself and Archie were members last year of the HSV Owners Club of NSW with our VXR's. Many members there love the VXR.

Try asking that question at HSV HQ here in Calyton Vic. or even to the 'typical' HSV owner you bump into on the street ;)

Typical HSV owners are 'one eyed' pro V8 types and wouldn't even piss on anything with a 4 pot regardless of how good it is, I do agree there would be those who see the VXR in a different light, but they would be the minority of the HSV V8 owners...

But as said, it's something they've got to live with if they're going to stay loyal to the HSV brand, because with the current and ongoing climate, smaller cars with smaller engines will become more dominant across all sectors...

Shaun
10th September 2009, 01:04 PM
Try asking that question at HSV HQ here in Calyton Vic. or even to the 'typical' HSV owner you bump into on the street ;)

Typical HSV owners are 'one eyed' pro V8 types and wouldn't even piss on anything with a 4 pot regardless of how good it is, I do agree there would be those who see the VXR in a different light, but they would be the minority of the HSV V8 owners...

But as said, it's something they've got to live with if they're going to stay loyal to the HSV brand, because with the current and ongoing climate, smaller cars with smaller engines will become more dominant across all sectors...

Agree and with Phil Harding Back in the command chair @ HSV i think you will find HSV will enter new markets grow also as a manfacturer.

GreyRex
10th September 2009, 01:06 PM
Agree and with Phil Harding Back in the command chair @ HSV i think you will find HSV will enter new markets grow also as a manfacturer.

But how?

I wish it would, but I don't see that happening soon (at least)

xplosv57
10th September 2009, 01:07 PM
hmm wonder why the HSV owners club of victoria had a VXR on their stand at last years all holden day...

DirtyHarry
10th September 2009, 01:17 PM
man those front led's just dont suit the car at all...you can totally see that in that ad.
its like they went to jay car and whacked on 2 strips of leds.

i wonder if hsv/holden actually do any customer collaboration in the design.

Nurb608
10th September 2009, 01:31 PM
hmm wonder why the HSV owners club of victoria had a VXR on their stand at last years all holden day...

Was that the Nurb? If so, it was mine. Kevin Denis HSV broght it down so would have been displayed as a Dealer Car.

hazrd
10th September 2009, 01:52 PM
just saw the commercial for it on onehd . . . Looks a little better than in still images. . . But unfortunately still poo

Vectracious
10th September 2009, 01:55 PM
What's with all The Agent Smith in "The Matrix" crap they have on all their promo stuff - didnt someone tell them that was last millenium - and Garth Tander just looks like a wanker in all those youtube clips....

Brazza
10th September 2009, 03:14 PM
wow I really got to this topic late...

and WOW these are quite disgusting looking. As everyone is saying my opinion may differ when I see one in the flesh but I doubt it. All the general body styling issues aside, the main thing that gets under my skin is the shitty wheels.

WHY!!!

Keep'emRunning
10th September 2009, 03:15 PM

So has Skoda, so has Mercedes

I wonder how long they'll be around for

and what the next interpretation of them will be

KnightRider KITT Lights all the way! :thumbs:

Wraith
10th September 2009, 03:25 PM

Could a typical HSV marketing ploy have had anything to do with it...

As said, they're good at milking nothing for something, ie if HSV had anything to do with it, if not, maybe it was just a tribute to a new model and new Vic owners of that model ??...

It's like most peeps here don't have a liking for V8's in general, same goes for peeps who are pro V8, there are the exceptions however, those of us that like and enjoy both flavours, you and I are two for starters :cornut:

Wraith
10th September 2009, 03:28 PM
KnightRider KITT Lights all the way! :thumbs:

That's true, unlike the Audi ones, these are the bigger wider spaced LED DDL's, they do look Knight rider-ish...not as elegant or nicely shaped as the Audi models :)

Nurb608
10th September 2009, 03:28 PM
It's like most peeps here don't have a liking for V8's in general, same goes for peeps who are pro V8, there are the exceptions however, those of us that like and enjoy both flavours, you and I are two for starters :cornut:

Me 3 :D

Wraith
10th September 2009, 03:31 PM
Me 3 :D

The club grows :cornut:

It's usually only Steve and I who own/have owned, love and back up the V8's on this forum :)

Nurb608
10th September 2009, 03:33 PM
Nah, used to have the VN V8 Calais. Also used to drive my brothers Walky and SLR 5000.

Still love the Walky, the faster you drove it the better it stuck. Back in the days where body kits worked :)

Wraith
10th September 2009, 03:37 PM
Nah, used to have the VN V8 Calais. Also used to drive my brothers Walky and SLR 5000.

Still love the Walky, the faster you drove it the better it stuck. Back in the days where body kits worked :)

I too owned an SL/R 5000 - and absolutely wrapped another good friend of mine still owns an original example, we're both keen to see where the value of it ends up...wish I had've kept mine, along with alot of other V8's I've owned that would be worth a small fortune now :(

I even miss my R8 Clubbie, that thing despite being a large sedan was an absolute dream to drive...:yesnod:

GreyRex
10th September 2009, 03:42 PM
Ey in no way am i against V8's!!

My very first car was a V8 Torana. That V8 burble once warmed up... :)

And give me a manual SS-V ute in that nice blue anyday. I even looked at one when i was buying my Astra

Just too big

Nurb608
10th September 2009, 03:45 PM
Took the father-in-laws VE SS-V ute out for a quick spin the other week, what a weapon. Good to see how smooth the box they use now is too.

Calibrated
10th September 2009, 03:48 PM
i have nothing against Euro V8's :D

Wraith
10th September 2009, 03:50 PM
Ey in no way am i against V8's!!

My very first car was a V8 Torana. That V8 burble once warmed up... :)

And give me a manual SS-V ute in that nice blue anyday. I even looked at one when i was buying my Astra

Just too big

Agree, really, really liked the VE when it 1st appeared, but could never bring myself to seriously buying one because they're just too big in size :(

Still looking at buying one of the last CV8Z's just to satisfy my thirst for V8's...

Wraith
10th September 2009, 03:52 PM
Took the father-in-laws VE SS-V ute out for a quick spin the other week, what a weapon. Good to see how smooth the box they use now is too.

They are quick and a great drive and the engines sounds fantastic - no need for the stereo in a V8 vehicle :cornut:

Wraith
10th September 2009, 03:54 PM
i have nothing against Euro V8's :D

OK, everybodies coming out the wood works now, so the next time V8's are being pissed on in this forum, (ie. V8 engines) I expect all of you to jump in with support LOL :swg:

dub_sri
10th September 2009, 03:59 PM
im undecided

will wait till i see one in the flesh

I can tell you from experience, it doesn't change that much.

GreyRex
10th September 2009, 04:00 PM
OK, everybodies coming out the wood works now, so the next time V8's are being pissed on in this forum, (ie. V8 engines) I expect all of you to jump in with support LOL :swg:

We'll support it if it's a decent all round product, or has a certain appeal

This latest HSV range just seems to be lacking

hazrd
10th September 2009, 05:31 PM
i have to admit... this is pretty cool though...

xE3NY5tDTOo

CORZZA
10th September 2009, 05:33 PM

Everyone is copying Audi

chrissn89
10th September 2009, 05:38 PM
i have to admit... this is pretty cool though...

xE3NY5tDTOo
haha love that clip. Engage the clutch, select 1st gear, mash the throttle to the ground and away we go. Very nice indeed HSV ;)

Calibrated
10th September 2009, 06:17 PM
haha love that clip. Engage the clutch, select 1st gear, mash the throttle to the ground and away we go. Very nice indeed HSV ;)
should show that to the tossers that banned the Z4 promo ad

MatsHolden
10th September 2009, 06:19 PM
should show that to the tossers that banned the Z4 promo ad

Different as it's not on TV.
But I still hate those tossers that complain about any good automotive advertisement.

xplosv57
10th September 2009, 07:21 PM
Was that the Nurb? If so, it was mine. Kevin Denis HSV broght it down so would have been displayed as a Dealer Car.

Nah was a red one, had the owners club stickers on it, but i think they also had a GTS too...

Oh that Nurb is the one you bought........... hmm maybe i shouldn't tell you what they were doing to it... LOL J/K!!!

The club grows :cornut:

It's usually only Steve and I who own/have owned, love and back up the V8's on this forum :)

I may not have one anymore, nor looking to buy another soon, but i'll always be a V8 man at heart!! :D

More reason why the new HSV really upsets me!! :mad:

MatsHolden
10th September 2009, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't be getting TOO upset just yet as Holden won't be too far off with a styling update on the VE... which then means HSV will release updated versions...

Nurb608
10th September 2009, 07:40 PM
Oh that Nurb is the one you bought........... hmm maybe i shouldn't tell you what they were doing to it...

:p

Shaun
10th September 2009, 11:53 PM
Just been on the HSV website. Playing round with Colours. The GTS looks good in the following colours

Atomic
Evoke
Phantom
Vodoo
Wild Flower.

I dont think its going to be as bad in the flesh as it is appearing on line at this point.

www.hsv.com.au

In Other new HSV no longer have the VXR on its website. I would dare say the VXR astra's day of Importation is over . Hopefully though the Insignia will replace the Astra in 2010. Also HSV have the VXR logo on there corprate jacket now.

USC
11th September 2009, 12:42 AM
The front bumper is trying to be like a mixture of ford and mercedes AMG. It does not go with the car...specially the LEDs.

Looks like a Gold Fish.

Vectracious
11th September 2009, 12:46 AM
The front bumper is trying to be like a mixture of ford and mercedes AMG. It does not go with the car...specially the LEDs.

+1

LED's just look like an afterthought trying to cash in on the current fashion started by Audi - very lame and cheap looking.

chrissn89
11th September 2009, 12:56 AM
Just been on the HSV website. Playing round with Colours. The GTS looks good in the following colours
Atomic
Evoke
Phantom
Vodoo
Wild Flower.
I dont think its going to be as bad in the flesh as it is appearing on line at this point.

+1 i dont think its gonna look as bad in person, it'll grown on us hopefully just like the new mazda 3 is.

What ever happend to the days of cars being, white, silver, red, blue and green...... Im guess phantom is black, Atomic = red??, Wild Flower = Yellow?? The others i wouldnt have a clue. I guess ill click the link and check it out ;)

Shaun
11th September 2009, 08:12 AM
+1 i dont think its gonna look as bad in person, it'll grown on us hopefully just like the new mazda 3 is.

What ever happend to the days of cars being, white, silver, red, blue and green...... Im guess phantom is black, Atomic = red??, Wild Flower = Yellow?? The others i wouldnt have a clue. I guess ill click the link and check it out ;)

The colours are as follows

Atomic ( green)
evoke ( charcoal grey)
Vodoo ( blue)
phantom (black)
wild flower ( orange / gold)

daiflu
11th September 2009, 08:14 AM
Atomic - Bright Green
Evoke - Grey
Phantom - Black
Vodoo - Blue
Wild Flower - I think you mean "Wildfire" (I haven't been to the site, but I know the colour pretty well ;))

poita
11th September 2009, 08:22 AM
one of your creations daiflu?

daiflu
11th September 2009, 09:43 AM
one of your creations daiflu?

:d

hazrd
11th September 2009, 09:45 AM
:d

spill it man!!!

poita
11th September 2009, 09:51 AM
that the only one?

or you have your hand it the others?

daiflu
11th September 2009, 10:26 AM
Quite a few. Not that many in the current range though.
Only about 20% of the colours designed actually make it to production, and there are countless 'concepts' before that.
Colours are also released about 4-5 years after being created, so the 'New' colours are actually kinda 'old' in terms of someone sitting down and designing them.

CORZZA
11th September 2009, 03:26 PM
September edition of Top Gear Australia magazine

" Half a billion dollar facelift: About the same as madonna spends a month"

Wraith
11th September 2009, 04:41 PM
September edition of Top Gear Australia magazine

" Half a billion dollar facelift: About the same as madonna spends a month"

That's exactly the same budget spent on the VE project to begin with, why so much just for a face lift :confused:

Remember the advertising etc. on the 1 billion dollar new GMH baby - was 1/2 a billion on the car and another 1/2 a billion on the factory upgrades to build it...

kabel
11th September 2009, 08:38 PM
Could a typical HSV marketing ploy have had anything to do with it...

As said, they're good at milking nothing for something, ie if HSV had anything to do with it, if not, maybe it was just a tribute to a new model and new Vic owners of that model ??...

Add another here.
Still have a V8 in the garage and still would consider owning a new V8 powered car.
Aston Martin Vantage ,BMW M3,Audi R8.....would love any one of these.

Also would not say no to a nice SIX.....say a Nissan GTR-35 or even one of those boxxer flat six German thingy`s !! :D.
While I have a certain amount of brand loyalty I am certainly not one eyed and if Renault bring out the Megane Sport I would consider that one also !
Decisions,decisions.
Not real keen on the pictures of the new HSV range but it may be okay in reality.
Will reserve judgement I think,but damn they certainly have sparked some debate about the new look haven`t they !

xplosv57
12th September 2009, 07:10 PM
ok saw it in the flesh today, still horrendous, GTS wheels arent too bad except for the yellow badges, senator pulls off the new rear end but otherwise hate the front and general look!

The cars were real shabby too mustve been test mules, poorly put together!

[OPCSRi]
13th September 2009, 08:42 PM
Seen the E2 series today at Phillip Island and like the look of them in the flesh. The three things I dont like on the GTS is the wheels they look POCKS!!! and the badging and calipers should be red.

MatsHolden
14th September 2009, 02:39 PM
The cars were real shabby too mustve been test mules, poorly put together!

Definately... also Clubsport seats in the GTS.

xplosv57
14th September 2009, 06:17 PM
Definately... also Clubsport seats in the GTS.

More like GTS test panels on a Clubsport, but yeah obvious mistake that one!!

Should've dropped that display sign on it, may have made them look better!! :D

Shaun
16th September 2009, 03:24 PM
Looks Like HSV will be offering the E Series with LPG before long according to Go Auto this week.

Wraith
16th September 2009, 03:50 PM
Looks Like HSV will be offering the E Series with LPG before long according to Go Auto this week.

That's an excellent add on or option to come from factory for them - good one :thumbs:

xplosv57
16th September 2009, 04:07 PM
provided they dont come with the crap lpg badge that the holdens come with!

Wraith
16th September 2009, 04:18 PM
provided they dont come with the crap lpg badge that the holdens come with!

De-badge, problem solved :)

imay
16th September 2009, 05:12 PM
What's with the current trend of EVERYONE wanting to put Audi-esque LED running lights on their models? Geeze, anyone can jump onto eBay and grab a set of these and stick on their ride! Not a fan at all.
Leave 'em on the Audi where they belong and everyone else come up with a different styling idea . . . please!

xplosv57
16th September 2009, 05:15 PM
not 100% sure on this but i believe volvo originally designed the led lights.

imay
16th September 2009, 05:17 PM
not 100% sure on this but i believe volvo originally designed the led lights.

In that case . . . end of discussion!

Shaun
17th September 2009, 07:19 AM
That's an excellent add on or option to come from factory for them - good one :thumbs:

I too think its a major step forward in the Industry that a Prefromance Manfacturer is looking at alternate methods for fuel.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/0FE43522D3B3454ECA25762C00839577
More info can be found here

btm
17th September 2009, 08:31 AM
saw the hsv ad for the gts on tv last night. looks better in that than it does on the web