PDA

View Full Version : NSW licence question

EL BURITO
7th September 2009, 03:17 PM
Brothers girlfriend got her licence in NSW but now lives in WA and still on her P's

according to WA requirements she needs to transfer to a WA licence if she resides permanently here

During discussion yesterday it came up that because she completed her licence in a auto she has a auto licence for all of her P plates (ok that is obvious) on completion of P plate status she gets a open licence with no restrictions allowing her to drive a manual with out having to sit another practical in a manual car

Could NSW people please explain this or show were her confusion has come from

Thanks

hazrd
7th September 2009, 03:29 PM
Brothers girlfriend got her licence in NSW but now lives in WA and still on her P's

according to WA requirements she needs to transfer to a WA licence if she resides permanently here

During discussion yesterday it came up that because she completed her licence in a auto she has a auto licence for all of her P plates (ok that is obvious) on completion of P plate status she gets a open licence with no restrictions allowing her to drive a manual with out having to sit another practical in a manual car

Could NSW people please explain this or show were her confusion has come from

Thanks

there is no confusion there mate... u have explained it as it is.

when you do your licence test, if it is in an auto, you are restricted to an automatic vehicle for the life of your provisional licence.

this applies interstate also.

once you move to a full licence, you are free to drive whatever transmission you wish

KingOfAstras
7th September 2009, 03:52 PM

when you do your licence test, if it is in an auto, you are restricted to an automatic vehicle for the life of your provisional licence.

once you move to a full licence, you are free to drive whatever transmission you wish

In NSW - if you do the test in AUTO, your restricted to AUTO on your Red P's (P1) only, Green P's (P2) allows both Manual & Auto transmissions. You COULD, redo your test on Manual, they call this an Upgrade.

I would assume all other states are the same, but that's how it is in NSW.

Also - In NSW, a P1 licence holder is allowed to drive Manual, if accompanied by an Open Licence holder :-)

ChrisMaz
7th September 2009, 03:55 PM
From what I gathered in W.A is that if you get an Auto License, you're restricted to auto for life until you do a manual test?

However, if she keeps her home address in NSW then it would be fine i'm sure, my sister living in NSW still has a W.A license and she just says she's on "Holiday" if she gets pulled over. Gotten out of a few tickets that way.

KingOfAstras
7th September 2009, 03:57 PM
my sister living in NSW still has a W.A license and she just says she's on "Holiday" if she gets pulled over. Gotten out of a few tickets that way.

They are just too lazy to do paperwork for minor things ;), great fun though.

Shay
7th September 2009, 04:30 PM
from what i gathered in w.a is that if you get an auto license, you're restricted to auto for life until you do a manual test?

100% correct, this is what would be confusing laurie, obviously all other states are wreckless, letting ppl drive what ever tranny they want without any proof they can work it safely

glider
7th September 2009, 04:48 PM
fyi qld does not give you a *free* manual upgrade

Shay
7th September 2009, 04:49 PM
fyi qld does not give you a *free* manual upgrade

good to hear some states do it right.

EL BURITO
7th September 2009, 05:01 PM

****ing hell that is ridiculous there is some thing to be said for a VOC

If you can't prove you can operate equipment correctly you do not have the right to be in it, I don't give a shit what the law is.

That is like saying hey you have been driving a Hi-rail for 2 years you can now operate a 3 km ore train, I just flick the magic switch that gives you the knowledge to do so.

tomtom
8th September 2009, 08:26 PM
****ing hell that is ridiculous there is some thing to be said for a VOC

If you can't prove you can operate equipment correctly you do not have the right to be in it, I don't give a shit what the law is.

That is like saying hey you have been driving a Hi-rail for 2 years you can now operate a 3 km ore train, I just flick the magic switch that gives you the knowledge to do so.

thats how we rolls here in the south wales of new.

Ant never sat no manual test in ma lyfe dat be the truth sur. The orthority man says i could do whatsever i wants so long as i pass the number second p plait egzamanitions for dem kar lisenses.

HoldenAstra
8th September 2009, 10:01 PM
tom, what keyboard were you using?

HappySlapper82
8th September 2009, 10:09 PM

Ant never sat no manual test in ma lyfe dat be the truth sur. The orthority man says i could do whatsever i wants so long as i pass the number second p plait egzamanitions for dem kar lisenses.

LOL WTF did you just say??? :D

chrissn89
9th September 2009, 02:25 AM

LOL WTF did you just say??? :D

HAHA he's being a bogan, stupid woman, drunko, ignorant C***, P plater or what ever you call them... :D:cornut:

I Aint never sat no manual test in my life, thats the truth sir. The authority man says i could do what so ever i wanted as long as i passed the second P plate exam/test for the car license.

Vectracious
9th September 2009, 07:05 AM

an ebonics one.

ads
9th September 2009, 07:44 AM
an ebonics one.

snap! i was going to write that!:D

HoldenAstra
9th September 2009, 09:53 AM
snap! i was going to write that!:D

oh, burwood, could spot your red beast someday.:D