PDA

View Full Version : My new Vectra C 2003 CDXi

McTwistie
30th August 2009, 08:25 PM
I love the look, I love the stats, I bought it.

SO, How good is a CDXI 2003 Vectra C ?

Cheers

imay
30th August 2009, 08:38 PM
Don't know a lot about them, other than I like 'em, Jeremy Clarkson doesn't, and I believe they are a very good car unless they develop electrical problems:(

Best of luck and hoping your's is a good one!:)

Nurb608
30th August 2009, 08:44 PM
They're a nice car. Only issue that could develop is water in the auto gearbox which got fixed around 2005. There is some more info on www.vectra-c.com (http://www.vectra-c.com)

McTwistie
30th August 2009, 08:47 PM
I saw the Youtube Video and the whole Vectra Segment. The thing is, is the VXR model EXACTLY the same as CDXi ?

I was to understand that Holden had done a few nice things to the car to improve the handling ?

Nurb608
30th August 2009, 08:53 PM
The vxr veccy has a holden 2.8 turbo motor in it ;)

As far as the handling, the CDXi's are lowered 15mm over the standard veccy c, but this is from factory, not by holden.

EL BURITO
31st August 2009, 12:51 AM
and needs lowered more

ChrisMaz
31st August 2009, 12:55 AM
Agreed. Get Eibach Springs ASAP.

Wraith
31st August 2009, 01:27 PM
I love the look, I love the stats, I bought it.

SO, How good is a CDXI 2003 Vectra C ?

Cheers

Congrats :)

I always and still do love the shape, ie. the hatch and they look good in every colour...

Is yours a 4 or V6 ?? that 3.2 V6 is a sweet engine :)

chrissn89
31st August 2009, 01:39 PM
Congrats :)

I always and still do love the shape, ie. the hatch and they look good in every colour...

Is yours a 4 or V6 ?? that 3.2 V6 is a sweet engine :)

Ang, FYI the CDXi is always the 3.2ltr V6 ;)

Wraith
31st August 2009, 01:40 PM
Ang, FYI the CDXi is always the 3.2ltr V6 ;)

Thanks Chris :)

Top model then makes it even better :cornut:

McTwistie
31st August 2009, 01:42 PM
It's the CDXi model, and is V6 3.2l

All CDX and CDXi's are V6 right?

Wraith
31st August 2009, 01:50 PM
It's the CDXi model, and is V6 3.2l

All CDX and CDXi's are V6 right?

Not sure, we now know all CDXi's are... :)

cdxi
31st August 2009, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the ZC CDXi club mate - top choice.....only thing better is the 2005 MY05 CDXi!!!

All CDXi and CDX models in Aus are 3.2V6s. The CDX is only 5spd auto, CDXi is man or auto.

Keep an eye out for the auto transmission problem - check and see if yours was "fixed" by the recall.

Also check on the water pump, rear tyre wear & electrics. Otherwise mate you've got yourself a fine car. It's just expensive to repair when things go tits-up.

Definitely visit or join Vectra C forums as suggested previously.

Keep us all informed with your travels

McTwistie
31st August 2009, 03:01 PM
How would I know if this Car was re-called?

I am not sure if it has log books - I pick it up tomorrow.

Cheers

Nurb608
31st August 2009, 03:08 PM
If it's not in the log books, Holden may have it on their system, but good luck with that one.

McTwistie
31st August 2009, 03:13 PM
Surely if it's a recall item and it's NOT in their system, then they will take it in and replace the part now (Free of charge...)

Right ?

Nurb608
31st August 2009, 03:19 PM
Surely if it's a recall item and it's NOT in their system, then they will take it in and replace the part now (Free of charge...)

Right ?

Always worth a shot, but Holden are bad enough with warranty claims during the warranty period let alone ones that are out of warranty. If it was the brakes or something that could result in injury or death it would be a different story.

McTwistie
31st August 2009, 03:25 PM
According to Australian Consumer Law (At least last time I checked), a guarantee/warranty NEVER runs out if the issue was an original manufacturing (DESIGN) fault. If it can be proven the item was faulty from manufacture (And recalls ARE), then they have to fix it.

Has no-one else come across this ?

Of course, Actually making them obey the law is a whole different kettle of fish ey...

Nurb608
31st August 2009, 03:38 PM
According to Australian Consumer Law (At least last time I checked), a guarantee/warranty NEVER runs out if the issue was an original manufacturing (DESIGN) fault. If it can be proven the item was faulty from manufacture (And recalls ARE), then they have to fix it.

Has no-one else come across this ?

Of course, Actually making them obey the law is a whole different kettle of fish ey...

Pretty sure thats still the case, but depends if it was an actual recall. I know there was an issue with 08 VXR's and their headbolts but don't think the recall made it to Australia.

ChrisMaz
31st August 2009, 03:39 PM
Also, if you havent taken it for a drive before purchase I'd scope out any warning lights that may pop up when you turn her on.

McTwistie
31st August 2009, 03:42 PM
It was at Auction so I could not drive it, but I did start the car and rev it up a little. I also checked the engine and looked for any warning lights.

The car seemed really solid.

The only things are clouding of the headlight glass/plastic (Found a fix in this forum already), and a front middle opening of some kind on the engine (Very close to the hood catch) had no lid on it........

Still trying to find out what that was.....

ChrisMaz
31st August 2009, 03:50 PM
If its part of the engine. It needs an oil cap on it.

McTwistie
31st August 2009, 03:53 PM
yeah, but its a VECTRA.

I could probably get one cheap for about $234.55 right ?

:D

ChrisMaz
31st August 2009, 03:56 PM
yeah, but its a VECTRA.

I could probably get one cheap for about $234.55 right ?

:D

Just don't go through Holden Stealerships. Call up some wreckers (Most won't even know what your talking about) or contact Autovaux.co.uk and see if they can order you one. Will be dirt cheap compared to Holden.

cdxi
1st September 2009, 10:32 AM
DON'T go to a dealership first!

Your best bet is to contact Holden Customer Assist (go to www.holden.com.au (http://www.holden.com.au) for the number) have your VIN handy and check to see if there's an active campaign relevant to your car. Specifically quote the auto transmission breather recall (code 06CF05), which was issued in May 2006. Also try 04H07, which came through in 07 and concerns an exhaust clamp. Customer Assist should be able to let you know if these have been done on your vehicle.

If this still needs doing, then Holden will give you instructions. If its done, you have no worries.......but my advice is still to have the transmission fluid checked. If its milky or has traces of moisture in it, then you're up for big $$$$.

Your Vec sounds pretty young at 87K, but just about everyone reckons that the auto transmission will eventually let go.

Where are you located McTwistie?

McTwistie
1st September 2009, 10:45 AM
I am Brisbane based. Will keep a close eye out for water/milky issues, but prefer to go the prevention method.

Was there a recall number for this fix ?

Nurb608
1st September 2009, 11:12 AM
Specifically quote the auto transmission breather recall (code 06CF05), which was issued in May 2006. Also try 04H07, which came through in 07 and concerns an exhaust clamp.

I am Brisbane based. Will keep a close eye out for water/milky issues, but prefer to go the prevention method.

Was there a recall number for this fix ?

As above

McTwistie
1st September 2009, 02:37 PM
Ah, I did not realize the "auto transmission breather" was what caused the water in transmission problem.

Thanks