PDA

View Full Version : opelising??

vectra2005
30th August 2009, 06:24 PM
hey boys & girls

ill start of by saying..'im quite new to this site' ... (thats my excuse if i end up offending anyone with this question...) :D

what the deal with opelising your cars? whats the whole purpose of it?

in my opinion it makes it sound unique when you see an opel instead of the usual holden driving past. is that the main reason or is it more to it than that?

is it better to rebadge or to debadge? or have i misunderstood the meaning of the phrases?

chris

Nurb608
30th August 2009, 06:28 PM
It all comes down to personal taste. I prefer the look of the opel badges compared to the Holden ones, and it's always funny watching people trying to figure out what your driving just because you've changed them over :D

vectraguy01
30th August 2009, 06:30 PM
Rebadge it back to how it should be OPEL :p I think it sounds better saying u own a opel compared to a holden :p

poita
30th August 2009, 06:31 PM
most people prefer the opel blitz to the holden lion.

also people see it as returning the car to there original heritage

vectraguy01
30th August 2009, 06:31 PM
It all comes down to personal taste. I prefer the look of the opel badges compared to the Holden ones, and it's always funny watching people trying to figure out what your driving just because you've changed them over :D

Yer totally, they look and go WTF, wats the sign :p

poita
30th August 2009, 06:37 PM
then combine, WTF is that logo, with WTF is a calibra

Milo
30th August 2009, 06:39 PM
OPEL BADGES FTW

hahaha

most people who do it prefer the opel badge and like most of us want randoms to ask "what car is that"

sooty
30th August 2009, 06:39 PM
lol, also if you've been here a while it's good to show you're part of the OA crowd too.
If you're undecided, can always go a bit of both. Debadge front, and opelise rear, or opelise front and debadge the rear

vectra2005
30th August 2009, 06:47 PM
thanks guys for the feedback...

i was pretty totally into the whole opelising from the first time i heard about it and now im so there with you guys.

so....what does a guy like me have to do to opelising my ride? where is a good place to buy opel badges?

sooty
30th August 2009, 06:49 PM
what sorta car you got? And most likely irmscher-bitz for the badges.
Or even the "opelise" store on ebay

Nurb608
30th August 2009, 06:50 PM
I got all my stuff for my veccy c from Dave at irmscher bitz.

Just one quick thing though, don't attempt your steering wheel, the veccy c ones are screwed in from behind the airbag cover ;)

Nurb608
30th August 2009, 06:51 PM
what sorta car you got? And most likely irmscher-bitz for the badges.
Or even the "opelise" store on ebay

tipping its a veccy c :p

sooty
30th August 2009, 06:55 PM
tipping its a veccy c :p
:mad2:
it's been a long day.

Shay
30th August 2009, 08:36 PM
I still see mine as a german car, hence why i put it back to OPEL, plus the VIN plate on my car has always said Opel Vectra B...

I also dont want to be apart of the Holden vs. Ford owners argument that always arises... (especially when you work at Supercheap Auto) but i know where my alliance lies...

and yes IMO the blitz looks nicer.

But its not a cheap exercise, Opelise (a store on ebay) is generally able to get the rear blitz for the "C", and irmscher-bitz for the grill with a badge, but from memory these are about $130+
centre caps (for alloys) (if your keeping the stock ones) are $75 through IB.

To answer rebadging v debadging,
RE= changing to opel/vauxhall
DE= getting rid of badges (doesnt work for all cars, like mine if you dont rebadge the back you would be left with a locator hole.

McTwistie
30th August 2009, 08:39 PM
So for a Vectra C I may only go so far as to change the front and rear badges.

What EXACTLY should I be buying ?

Nurb608
30th August 2009, 08:42 PM
Have a look here http://www.irmscher-bitz.com/catalog/

jastra
3rd October 2009, 11:34 AM
do you have to buy the whole grill for the opel gril badge? because i cant seem to find the badge on either IB or opelise :(

boorny88
3rd October 2009, 11:40 AM
grille im pritty sure mate

sooty
3rd October 2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah, full grille for the AH, unless you opelise the cheap way (buy a boot badge and use it on the front)

jastra
3rd October 2009, 12:52 PM
Yeah, full grille for the AH, unless you opelise the cheap way (buy a boot badge and use it on the front)
spose thats an option, probs will just save up for a primed opel grill off IB and get it painted :P

KingOfAstras
3rd October 2009, 06:43 PM
Jason i'm assuming your grille also has the Z (blitz) pattern if you look at it from the back. All you need is the top grille (chrome piece) trim plus badge ;) That way you'll have the OEM look. That's if its anything like the facelift models, all I had to do was replace that top trim and keep the original backing.

Dave can get individual parts if you request it, just shoot him an e-mail.