PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry

OPC
22nd August 2009, 08:25 PM
Anyone know of a good blackberry unit that is user friendly and no known glitches

mainly for receiving emails and online forex trading

hazrd
22nd August 2009, 08:38 PM
blackberry storm .. i cant vouch for it but have heard heaps of good things about it, was looking to buy one but was out of my budget at the tme

or
blackberry pearl 8120. my boss has one and its an awesome phone

Milo
22nd August 2009, 08:46 PM
blackberry 9000 bold
or the 8900 curve

dont bother with the storm as its not true touch screen

ChrisMaz
22nd August 2009, 10:16 PM
Talk to gmonkey. The one we used at the quiz seemed pretty swish.

gmonkey
22nd August 2009, 11:54 PM
blackberry storm is a nice phone... but i wouldnt but it again...

bettery life is dismal :p glitchy as hell, lags a lot, drops out a lot, restarts a bit, and blackberry updates shit me...

but free net with vodafone on it which is siiiiccckk :p and emails are good

theres not flash for blackberrys so some websites wont work

the blackberry bold isnt much better either, key pad sucks arse on it

honestly.. get a xperia

poita
23rd August 2009, 08:05 AM
iPhone

that is all

HappySlapper82
23rd August 2009, 09:06 AM
iPhone

Nokia n97 :p and yes it is touch screen

Calibrated
23rd August 2009, 09:55 AM
blackberry 9000 bold
or the 8900 curve

quoted for truth. bold or curve. both are awesome business phones

iPhone

that is all
iShit doesnt have BES ;) which is a very important tool from a business point of view

no. i have owned nokia's since i was 14, and only nokia's. from 5110's right up to the n95. had just about every major model.

now, nokia is so far behind the game its embarrassing.

i love my xperia, but i think my next phone (in 14 months time) will be a blackberry again (had a curve)

OPC
23rd August 2009, 12:51 PM
blackberry 9000 bold
or the 8900 curve

yes my mate told me about the touch screen on the storm having problems
he said it was more of a pop/push screen and was bringing up the wrong apps

iPhone

that is all

yes i can use the iphone for trading with IG platform
but i dunno if i want an iphone

ill look into that one, thanks

thanks everyone for the input

gmonkey
23rd August 2009, 03:37 PM
its a pulse touch screen, its acctually better than a touch screen i preffer it... if ur like me and have big fingers typing msgs on teh qwerty keyboard can be difficult..

with pulsetouch ur less likely to select stuff u dont want

nokia n97 already has numerous reports of problems..

do you really need a touch screen?? xperia has a fold out full qwerty keyboard and the phone isnt a brick. trust me xperia is ur best bet for business wise gear. nokia and iphone are purely for gimicks and applications, thats the way they have been advirtised for primarily atleast.. blackberry has always been business.

maybe look at HTCs?? they look cool

poita
23rd August 2009, 03:40 PM

about all they have goin for em, would never go back to one.

would get a blackberry before a HTC again

gmonkey
23rd August 2009, 03:50 PM
i purely didnt go with HTC cause could only get with telstra.. and didnt want them so never invested attention into them really

Vectracious
23rd August 2009, 08:10 PM
I have a HTC Tytn II - most likely never go with a HTC again either....

But I would get one over an iPhone.. :rolleyes:

Ice
24th August 2009, 12:07 AM
I would say an 8900 Blackberry is the best bet ! Ive been researching phones for ages and this alwasy seems to come up trumps but then it comes down to what you yourself want.

do comparisons on GSM arena

OPC
24th August 2009, 09:51 PM
its a pulse touch screen, its acctually better than a touch screen i preffer it... if ur like me and have big fingers typing msgs on teh qwerty keyboard can be difficult..

with pulsetouch ur less likely to select stuff u dont want

nokia n97 already has numerous reports of problems..

do you really need a touch screen?? xperia has a fold out full qwerty keyboard and the phone isnt a brick. trust me xperia is ur best bet for business wise gear. nokia and iphone are purely for gimicks and applications, thats the way they have been advirtised for primarily atleast.. blackberry has always been business.

no i dont need it to be touch screen

mainly need it for quick email and able to trade currency

i have small fingers so keypads are no probs

it needs to be super fast/ no lag because im trading currencies and need to be spot on in executing a trade and a big screen

i dont need it to look cool and no need for camera/music crap

i already have a N95 8gig so have all the fun stuff like games/music/camera

ill check on youtube because alot of guys do comparisons on there

cheers

OPC
24th August 2009, 11:24 PM
well mixed emotions on you tube

mainly loyal fans of both arguing in comments

watched a iphone 3gs vs BB storm and both had good points

although seemed like the BB storm had what i needed

now to check ebay

gmonkey
24th August 2009, 11:56 PM
my BB storm lags a lot man, at first it was good no lag.. but over time its lagging now, and battery lasts a day at best (maybe cause im always on OA with it)

real positive with BB storm is if u go with vodafone all your internet is free (except streaming) which is wikid, hence y im always on OA :p

OPC
25th August 2009, 07:50 AM
so far there is a 3 week wait on iphone 3gs

Greg K
25th August 2009, 08:24 AM
i currently got an iPhone 3G S on the Optus network... the phone is fantastic. it does everything i need it to plus a shit lot more! The only thing that lets it down for me is the network.

Coverage is OK, but data speeds are not all that quick. I was with Telstra previously, and couldnt fault their network speed or coverage. No drop outs and no issues with the network. Downloads were fast and always worked. Optus data times out frequently for me too.

Milo
25th August 2009, 01:59 PM
i currently got an iPhone 3G S on the Optus network... the phone is fantastic. it does everything i need it to plus a shit lot more! The only thing that lets it down for me is the network.

Coverage is OK, but data speeds are not all that quick. I was with Telstra previously, and couldnt fault their network speed or coverage. No drop outs and no issues with the network. Downloads were fast and always worked. Optus data times out frequently for me too.

i guess the optus network works differently for everyone.
i dunno if could be the only one without any issues about the network!
always got 3G always nice and quick to get online

i have had more issues with the phone itself rather then the network.
still i love the phone

Greg K
25th August 2009, 02:16 PM
i guess the optus network works differently for everyone.
i dunno if could be the only one without any issues about the network!
always got 3G always nice and quick to get online

i have had more issues with the phone itself rather then the network.
still i love the phone

dont get me wrong, the Optus network works fine most of the time, but it has nothing on Telstra in terms of data speeds and reliability, which i think Jay would need.

Vectracious
25th August 2009, 04:29 PM
but it has nothing on Telstra in terms of data speeds and reliability, which i think Jay would need.

+1

I was with Telstra for years and this year swapped to Optus due to business structures and other circumstances..... Telstra might be a bit more expensive but you definately get what you pay for.... ;)

Calibrated
25th August 2009, 04:46 PM
+1

I was with Telstra for years and this year swapped to Optus due to business structures and other circumstances..... Telstra might be a bit more expensive but you definately get what you pay for.... ;)
the ONLY thing i hate about my 150 ultimate plan, is having NO international minutes. i mean, come on telstra, every other carrier offers it. just poor form imo. other than that, im happy with everything else so far.

Vectracious
25th August 2009, 09:22 PM
the ONLY thing i hate about my 150 ultimate plan, is having NO international minutes. i mean, come on telstra, every other carrier offers it. just poor form imo. other than that, im happy with everything else so far.

yeah you'd think being the biggest Telco in Australia they'd have reciprocal agreements with other Telco's in other countries....

Milo
25th August 2009, 10:32 PM
they do?
i pay $129 on optus timeless and get timeless to everything except for 1900/1902 and international voice calls

Calibrated
26th August 2009, 07:05 AM
they do?
i pay $129 on optus timeless and get timeless to everything except for 1900/1902 and international voice calls
oh didnt know that. 3 and vodafone do.